I went Geeky Yesterday!

Topic started by Kelleth on March 19, 2010. Last post by Kelleth 4 years, 5 months ago.
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
For some time now i decided that i needed to finish my collection of GB/GBC pokemon games and so i did. And i was very lucky because a few weeks back i went to the
 I do own the Cardgame for  the Gameboy i just can`t find it at the moment
 I do own the Cardgame for the Gameboy i just can`t find it at the moment
old-school game shop and i found out that they owned all the games i needed to complete my collection. So yesterday i went back and bought most of them, i said most of them since apparently Silver and Crystal weren't on stock at the time. So now i`m 2 games short of a full collection, 3 if you count the Pokemon Green version (eng) which is a bootleg. (if it ain`t French or Spanish ect,) So with the extra money i decided to also replace my old Gameboy with a  new ugly green coloured Gameboy Colour and i don`t care about the ugly green part. It works fine the only thing that doesn`t work is the audio box and that doesn`t really effect my gameplay because i like it better with earplugs which work fine on the Gameboy. So now i`m paying more attention to my new Gameboy then i give to my NDS Lite and that doesn`t bother me a bit!

Two weeks later......                                                        
 Two weeks later......                                                        
Now i know what you are thinking how nerdy is that? i can top it easily! well that wasn`t the nerdy thing the blog title refers to... See i also went to an collector`s shop and
 I wish it was Digi-Battle 3 but it ain`t  happening
 I wish it was Digi-Battle 3 but it ain`t happening
bought an entire box of Digi-Battle 2 boosters for €25,- unopened for at least a decade. I did this several times before with Yu-Gi-Oh cards and Pokemon cards but this is the first time for Digimon and i`m proud to add it to my collection.

Well that`s it €85,- well spend! (that extra 10,- is from my hardcover Spider-man: Kraven`s Last Hunt) i do hope i come across the other games soon enough so i can start on the GBA and DS games and i`ll post another blog as soon as i again do something as stupid and nerdy as buying a whole box of TGC boosters with the intention of not opening them EVER!. XD
Post by RocketLORD (15 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Thats bad luck bout Silver and Crystal; Good luck with your Pokemon collection.

have you thoguht about using a Gameboy Advance instead of a Gameboy?
Post by Lan (621 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Nerd. You've gone down like five notches in the pecking order. :P You should try book and music exchange stores. They usually have a lot of old games around. You might be able to find the ones needed to complete your collection.
 @RocketLORD: Thank you and yes and It just doesnt feel the same plus the fact that using the GBA sp leads to the game crashing often due to its size and it might break the cartridge because it sticks out so much :)
@Lan: Good it was boring up there! XD I already know where to get them but they now go by 35,- each since they are being sold in a unopened box that`s why i was happy enough to get them in that little shop :)
Post by Rayleon (461 posts) See mini bio Level 5
@Kelleth: you called that geeky, i called it determinate
@Rayleon: Thanks XD
Post by Rayleon (461 posts) See mini bio Level 5
@Kelleth: now i know two person who did that
@Rayleon: Well its a fun thing to do especially with the most popular card games like pokemon that in the end have almost all have been opened and are never seen again. :)
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel