Have you ever finished any monotype challanges?

Topic started by Jlynnana on April 14, 2013. Last post by Jlynnana 1 year, 7 months ago.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,885 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Jlynnana: On HG/SS.

Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@DBZ_universe: Hmm I suppose soo. Early on, you are only able to obtain Hoppip, Chickorita, and Belsprout, Sunkern later on. So Yeah I imagine that'd be difficult.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,885 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Jlynnana: or how about defeating the whole tree trainers in the White Tree (W2) with one type... that would be difficult... especially on challenge mode..

Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@DBZ_universe: Doesn't the challenge usually end after you beat the Elite 4?

Post by DBZ_universe (15,885 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Jlynnana: Yes, Alder sends you there.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,231 posts) See mini bio Level 12

About to fight Blaine with my Blastoise on lvl69. This game has been too easy. Only other Pokémon I have are for cutting, flying and shit. Not used any other Pokémon to fight.

EDIT: Also, I called him Roshi.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,231 posts) See mini bio Level 12

DONE! Completed the game with alone Blastoise. 12:23 minutes. Wish I never left my game on for an hour, could of had it under 12 hours.

Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Supreme Marvel: You beat the game with just a Blastoise? You need to use a randomizer next time lol

Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I got inspired by Samjaz, and Daniel Newten's blogs about their challenges so I decided to do one of my own. The difference between a Monotype Challenge and a Nuzlocke challenge is, if your pokemon faints; it's not considered dead. Also you must beat the game with ONLY the type chosen for you. My type for this game is water.

I took it a step further and downloaded the randomizer, this scrambled the whole game so that, I don't know what Pokemon any one trainer has, or will even show up!

So right from the bat, I named my trainer Sarah, it's a name I use in anything Pokemon related; whether it's rpg's in the forum or the actual games. Typical start up for a Pokemon game, though Prof. Birch used a Dusclops in the opener lol.Since the randomizer chose my starters at random, I chose a Zubat and placed it in the PC after I captured Swamp.

I caught Swampert at level 2, and let me say, training a fully evolved pokemon in the game from that level SUCKS! Just in the Littleroot area, I encountered Magikarps, Swamperts and Slowbro's.

My next Pokemon was a no-brainer, it was showing up as much as Swamp was, so I decided to catch it, I nicknamed it "My Bro" because of my idiotic brother. Early on, My Bro struggled...a lot; it seemed as if every Trainer used either a Bug, or a Dark Type; but I managed to get him from level 3 to level 14.

By far the hardest challenge for me yet, Roxanne usually known for using Rock Pokemon, used a Carvana and a Exeggcute; her water pokemon was child's play, but it would appear if I got an early dose of what the future holds for me. Swamp was level 17 when I entered the gym and after two tries, he was level 19.

My Bro proved to be useless against Carvanha, as it quickly used bite to take my poor bro-bro out.

This is just an example of how random the game is, Charmander showed up inside the Dewford Cave, I benefited a lot from this cave, I was able to level up My Bro a lot; making him a contender on my team now.

Brawley's gym was actually harder than he was, there were a couple of trainers who used, Lotads, one even used Suicune; he didn't use any strong pokemon; I think he had a vulpix, a pulse and a sandshrew. Anyways, my team is looking strengthened going into a battle with Wattson. IDK what he has, but I hope it's not grass pokemon.

My Bro

Level 13

Attacks

Water gun

Tackle

Yawn

Flash

Swamp

Level 23

Mud shot

Tackle

Water Gun

Growl

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,231 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Jlynnana said:

@Supreme Marvel: You beat the game with just a Blastoise? You need to use a randomizer next time lol

Yes.

I've already completed the Nuzlocke Challenge.

Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Supreme Marvel: LOL dang

Post by DBZ_universe (15,885 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Who can beat the game with Magikarps?

Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@DBZ_universe: I'm pretty sure @Supreme Marvel can lol
Post by DBZ_universe (15,885 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Jlynnana said:

@DBZ_universe: I'm pretty sure @Supreme Marvel can lol

lol. Supreme Marvel is a true pokémon master so you so yes.

I would fail tho.

Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@DBZ_universe said:

@Jlynnana said:

@DBZ_universe: I'm pretty sure @Supreme Marvel can lol

lol. Supreme Marvel is a true pokémon master so you so yes.

I would fail tho.

It's really tough, Your Magikarp's struggles would have to deal more damage than it inflicts on you lol
Post by DBZ_universe (15,885 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Jlynnana said:

@DBZ_universe said:

@Jlynnana said:

@DBZ_universe: I'm pretty sure @Supreme Marvel can lol

lol. Supreme Marvel is a true pokémon master so you so yes.

I would fail tho.

It's really tough, Your Magikarp's struggles would have to deal more damage than it inflicts on you lol

And what's worst is that you need to have make it rain for them to be a bit useful but that's not the case against the E4 since there is no rain.

I think who ever beats any pokémon game using Magikarp would be the best ever.

Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@DBZ_universe said:

@Jlynnana said:

@DBZ_universe said:

@Jlynnana said:

@DBZ_universe: I'm pretty sure @Supreme Marvel can lol

lol. Supreme Marvel is a true pokémon master so you so yes.

I would fail tho.

It's really tough, Your Magikarp's struggles would have to deal more damage than it inflicts on you lol

And what's worst is that you need to have make it rain for them to be a bit useful but that's not the case against the E4 since there is no rain.

I think who ever beats any pokémon game using Magikarp would be the best ever.

I don't think, I have enough time to even attemp that lo
Post by DBZ_universe (15,885 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Jlynnana said:

@DBZ_universe said:

@Jlynnana said:

@DBZ_universe said:

@Jlynnana said:

@DBZ_universe: I'm pretty sure @Supreme Marvel can lol

lol. Supreme Marvel is a true pokémon master so you so yes.

I would fail tho.

It's really tough, Your Magikarp's struggles would have to deal more damage than it inflicts on you lol

And what's worst is that you need to have make it rain for them to be a bit useful but that's not the case against the E4 since there is no rain.

I think who ever beats any pokémon game using Magikarp would be the best ever.

I don't think, I have enough time to even attemp that lo

I would fail the first time since all they have is just Splash Attack.. lol

It would be a miracle if I can level one up to the point they learn flail.

Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I thought the only learned tackle.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel