Have you ever finished any monotype challanges?

Topic started by Jlynnana on April 14, 2013. Last post by Jlynnana 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Have you ever beat the game using one type? If so what type and was your final team.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,661 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I beat the game with a water type. It was pokemon Gold and I beat it with Feraligatr.

(also I need to finish up my RPG pokemon character...)

@DBZ_universe said:

I beat the game with a water type. It was pokemon Gold and I beat it with Feraligatr.

I also used water-types, but it tends to be a bit hard once you get around Lt.Surge and Erika

@Jlynnana said:

@DBZ_universe said:

I also used water-types, but it tends to be a bit hard once you get around Lt.Surge and Erika

True, but with earth quake, you will be good.

In Pearl I took down Volkner with Tentacruel! it was crazy IMO.

@DBZ_universe: A tentacruel!?

@Jlynnana: Believe it or not but yes. I was afraid of Raichu but thanks to Tentacruel's poison jab I got to faint Raichu! also I nick named him Squidward lol.

@DBZ_universe said:

@Jlynnana: Believe it or not but yes. I was afraid of Raichu but thanks to Tentacruel's poison jab I got to faint Raichu! also I nick named him Squidward lol.

Win lol

@Jlynnana: thanks!

I did a Nuzlocke Challenge, and lost before I got to Brock lol

I wanna beat X or Y with just psychic pokémon

@DBZ_universe: You beat new games on your first go like that?

@Jlynnana: No because I want to know what I am facing at first. I make my game team first than pass it that way then buy a new game or other version and beat it with a team with one type Pokémon.

@DBZ_universe: I Usually by both versions as well. I beat the game on one version, and then complete the pokedex on the other.

@Jlynnana: That's pretty smart. I never have completed the pokédex lol... tho now a days is easier.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,109 posts) See mini bio Level 12

With all my time playing it, I've never thought of doing it.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

I'm thinking Fire/Red

Now which Pokémon?

If I pick Charmander, with Charizard finally having Dragon Claw, Flamethrower, Earthquake and Brick Break I'd have only fighting, flying, ghost, ground, psychic and water that I wouldn't be able to be super effective against.

EDIT: Decided to go with starter: Squirtle. Blastoise with Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake and Brick Break. Missing out with super effective hits on: Bug, Fighting, Ghost, Psychic, and Water. Elite Four: Brick Break on the Ice (4), Earthquake on Slowbro. Surf on Onixs (2), Surf on Fighting (3), Surf on Ghosts (3), Ice Beam on Goldbat, Earthquake on Arbok. Brick Break on Gyarados, Surf on Aerodactyl, Ice Beam on the Dragons (3). Ice Beam on Pidgeot, Surf on Rhydon, Earthquake on Arcanine, Ice Beam on Venasaur, Earthquake on Alakazam and finally Brick Break on Gyarados.

Minimum usage;-

Ice Beam 10 (-6)

Brick Break 15 (-6)

Earthquake 10 (-4)

Surf 15 (-10)

@Supreme Marvel: I'm doing a water Monotype challenge now for Ruby. I used a world randomizer to negate my beating the game 100 times already lol

@Jlynnana: I think beating the game with just pure plant types would be kinda difficult. IDK what do you think?

@DBZ_universe: It depends on which game you're playing

Piss easy. I've got a lvl 50 Blastoise with Brick Break and Ice Beam in my move set. Only just got my 4th badge.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel