Do you Think Gym Leaders and or Pokemon Trainers are Unionized?

Topic started by ZombiePie on Oct. 30, 2011. Last post by sickVisionz 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I don't know why but this question crossed my mind recently and I haven't been able to shake it out of my head since. So yeah do you think there's some sort of a players union? For Gyms there has to be some sort of union. They'd have to be organized and certified for them to be a stepping stone before you enter the Pokemon league. The whole thing about earning badges makes it seem like it is a pretty official thing. But does that mean that Gym Leaders have some sort of a tenure system that prevents them from losing their jobs in light of being defeated by plucky little kids? Are they nominated by some sort of a body or union? If there are unions do you think their are OSHA Standards for Pokemon trainers? Like if there is an accepted age when people leave home to become Pokemon trainers there has to be someone or something that sets that minimum age, right? And there have to be standards for how Pokemon are treated that shit has come up multiple times on the show. I mean they already have socialized medicine in the Pokemon world so unions and player/Pokemon health and safety standards as well as regulation bodies would be that much of a stretch, right? Right?

So is the disappearance of Jimmy Koffing soon after his meeting with Team Rocket somehow related? Does Ash's Pikachu have to worry about getting disqualified or losing advertisements deals after being photographed eating Ash's pot brownies? Why would anyone care about doping in the Pokemon world when there's all that shit like X-Seed or Rare Candy? Do we have to worry about the 2011 Pokemon season getting cancelled because Professor Stern couldn't negotiate better player conditions because he's incapable of negotiating?

Oh my God...my brain is imploding on itself.

Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I'm pretty sure Gyms aren't quite as regulated and can discriminate at their leisure. Remember how Ash was denied entrance into the Celadon city gym because Erika was a man hater and cross dressing ensued?

I'm a lot more interested in just the Elite Four operates. They seem to just take on all comers that have 8 badges and Lance probably gets to fight one trainer a month or something because Lorelei is getting all the action.

Post by Muerthoz (14 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Since things like Trainer's Licenses and Pokemon Rangers exist, it makes me think that there has to be a group that's regulating things. Although, when I think of kid trainers in the video games losing hundreds of dollars in a match, I don't think regulation is that big of a priority in their world.

Post by metalsnakezero (666 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Do we really need to put logic in to these things?

But yeah, the Pokemon world is pretty crazy complex when it comes down how things work and where the money coming from.

Post by takashichea (10,968 posts) See mini bio Level 25

For pokemon trainers, most of them start the journey when they are 10 years old. I don't know about the gym leaders.

For OSHA standards, no pokemon attacks the trainers. Only pokemon fight pokemon. For gyms, I remember the Flannery girl in the fire type gym rambled on about fixing the field after battles. There's no safety issues besides installing sprinklers. (look at Brock's gym when Ash first fought him)

Pokemon can't speak English or Japanese, so they can't make a union despite the constant friendship and be nice to the environment/living animals themes. It's like a family friendly version of cock fighting with Animal Planet themes.

Edit:

Just messing with you.

Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I would like to think they have some kind of organization in which they are together, etc. Good question though.

Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Online Now

@ZombiePie said:

And there have to be standards for how Pokemon are treated that shit has come up multiple times on the show.

I like the idea of standards for how Pokemon are treated in world where they are regularly

• sprayed with acid
  • air slashed by razor-like wind
  • hit with avalanches
  • set on fire
  • hit with the hammer like arms of a crab
  • drilled with a bird's beak
  • electrocuted
  • attacked to the point where they can't think properly (concussion?)
  • hit with the blast from a flamethrower

The very basis for Pokemon Leagues is to battle with the animals until they take so much damage and injury that they are knocked unconscious. Any Pokemon trainer talking about improper treatment should be laughed out of the run. The actual sport of battling Pokemon constitutes improper treatment of Pokemon.

Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@metalsnakezero said:

But yeah, the Pokemon world is pretty crazy complex when it comes down how things work and where the money coming from.

Science is the leading cause of elephantiasis of the testicles in the entire world.

@sickVisionz: So what's stopping me from raping and eating my Pokemans? Cause if Pokemon were real...I'm going to try to eat a Pikachu. I'm gonna see what eating a Slowpoke will do to the human body.

Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
The idea of gym leaders losing to trainers has always bothered me. I always think how these people are supposed to be some of the greatest pokemon trainers in the world, yet they get defeated by people who have just started their pokemon adventure. That's why i'm under the impression that most gym leaders gauge the level of a trainer and simply restrain themselves to that level. I mean, what happens if you try to start your pokemon adventure over at the 8th gym? Do you have to travel all the way back to the "beginner" towns in order to have a chance?
Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Online Now

@ZombiePie said:

@metalsnakezero said:

Science is the leading cause of elephantiasis of the testicles in the entire world.

@sickVisionz: So what's stopping me from raping and eating my Pokemans? Cause if Pokemon were real...I'm going to try to eat a Pikachu. I'm gonna see what eating a Slowpoke will do to the human body.

Raping a Pokemon would probably be kinder treatment than what your typical trainer puts them through and murder would likely be seen as a sweet release from all the carnage and bloodshed they experience.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel