Creepy and Weird Pokedex Entries

Topic started by Bigheart711 on Oct. 31, 2013. Last post by DBZ_universe 5 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Bigheart711 (3,785 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I need a word with some of you about these entries. I love collecting data in the Pokedex, but some of them range from being straight up weird to the most disturbing things that somehow ended up in a family oriented game. I should make an longer user list of some of these, but some of the X and Y pokemon that have such things won't even be in this database until MUCH later in the X and Y anime (or so I assume). I'm also wondering what Pokedex entries disturb you or weird you guys out. For me, I'm laying down a personal top 10 list.

10. Drowzee - via Silver: "It remembers every dream it eats. It rarely eats the dreams of adults because children's are much tastier."

Not that bad, but he'll cause some nightmares for the poor little ones.

9. Darumaka - via White 1: "Darumaka's droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm."

So, people were THAT goddamn cold back then. Totally one of the more disgusting entries, but not the worst.

8. Hypno - via FireRed: "It carries a pendulum-like device. There once was an incident in which it took away a child it hypnotized."

Now we're getting somewhere. Hypno is also known for eating people's dreams, but to kidnap a child to eat all his dreams is quite sinister.

7. Chandelure - via White 1 and X: "Being consumed in Chandelure's flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind."

Via Black 2, White 2 and X: "The spirits burned up in its ominous flame lose their way and wander this world forever."

Chandelure is this monster of a pokemon that doesn't hesitate to burn up spirits at will to consume them into an everlasting limbo. I still like them, however, but the one that breaks my heart more is...

6. Lampent - via White 1 and Y: "It arrives near the moment of death and steals spirit from the body."

via Black and White 2 and X: "The spirits it absorbs fuel its baleful fire. It hangs around hospitals waiting for people to pass on."

Lampent is one of the much more sinister ghost pokemon for preying on hospital patients to eat their souls up when they die. No wonder not that many regular hospitals are found in the games, not even for humans. Then again, there could be another explanation on that...

5. Phantump - via Y: "According to old tales, these Pokémon are stumps possessed by the spirits of children who died while lost in the forest."

So it looks like worse could've happened to Hansel and Gretel, had they existed in the Pokemon world. Speaking of the dead..

4. Yveltal - via Y: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

via X: "When this legendary Pokémon's wings and tail feathers spread wide and glow red, it absorbs the life force of all living creatures."

The time that I actually fainted this guy in my game was with a Sylveon and he didn't use a Fairy-type move. Thankfully, he can get up again and offer another battle instead of it being uncatchable otherwise, the world would've ended and that would've been the pokemon games' first "game over" because of death. It's hard to believe that I didn't actually screw everything up for the world then now that the companion of death is in a great ball of mine.

3. Cubone - via Emerald: "It pines for the mother it will never see again. Seeing a likeness of its mother in the full moon, it cries. The stains on the skull it wears are from its tears."

Many entries are about the mothers of this species, but Emerald has the saddest lore on them by far. The thought of the death of a specific Cubone in Lavender Town still hurts me inside.

2A. Feraligatr - via LeafGreen: "When it bites with its massive and powerful jaws, it shakes its head and savagely tears its victim up."

2B. Glalie - via Sapphire: "Glalie has the ability to freely control ice. For example, it can instantly freeze its foe solid. After immobilizing its foe in ice, this Pokémon enjoys eating it in leisurely fashion."

We dealt with some savage eaters (Gorebyss and Beautifly are bloodsuckers according to their lores), but Feraligater and Glalie happen to have the most savage sounding entries to their enemies because they flat out eat them. Not too far into the past, I actually considered owning an Glailie so I could have it eat and kill wild partygoers (I never went to one back then). My ways have changed since then (Not all the way, though).

1A. Yamask - via Black: "Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry."

1B. Dusclops - via Ruby: "Dusclops's body is completely hollow - there is nothing at all inside. It is said that its body is like a black hole. This Pokémon will absorb anything into its body, but nothing will ever come back out."

via HeartGold and SoulSilver: "Anyone who dares peer into its body to see its spectral ball of fire will have their spirit stolen away."

They tied because Yamask holds the darker thoughts of a former human. They remember their life when they were human, how they died and the day that they turned into a ghost pokemon with a grave reminder of their death. Dusclops can have their foes taken into their hollow bodies for them never to return again because their spirits and bodies have been burned by its insides. These two are my most depressing and harrowing pokedex entries in my opinion.

So what are the weirdest and creepiest pokedex entries to you? There's a lot more than this, though... (Source of pokedex quotes via Bulbapedia)

Post by Sonata (35,313 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Darumaka entrie...ewwwww

Post by DBZ_universe (15,661 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Banette - [Emerald] An abandoned plush doll became this Pokémon. They are said to live in garbage dumps and wander about in search of the children that threw them away.

Cofagrigus - [Black and X] It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.

Drifloon [Diamond and X] A Pokémon formed by the spirits of people and Pokémon. It loves damp, humid seasons.

[Black2, White2 amd Y] These Pokémon are called the "Signpost for Wandering Spirits." Children holding them sometimes vanish

Spiritomb - [Diamond and X] A Pokémon that was formed by 108 spirits. It is bound to a fissure in an Odd Keystone.

[Heart Gold and Soul Silver] It was formed by uniting 108 spirits. It has been bound to the Odd Keystone to keep it from doing any mischief.

This are some more creepy ones.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel