Can Pokemon die?

Topic started by Fubar on Dec. 29, 2008. Last post by Jlynnana 1 year, 4 months ago.
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
If pokemon couldn't die, then there wouldn't be a Lavender Town and the Pokemon Tower with so many gravestones for dead pokemon.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Nerx said:
"If they can't die then what is a ghost pokemon, people?"
  Maybe gas based lifeform lol
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Devilly said:
"Nerx said:
"If they can't die then what is a ghost pokemon, people?"
  Maybe gas based lifeform lol"
Probably, or its dead poke-trainers.
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I sure hope so.
Post by OkazukiIchigo (350 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Yes they could die but its a kids show, so you can't see that imaginary
OkazukiIchigo said:
"Yes they could die but its a kids show, so you can't see that imaginary"
Kids show? didn't they shot Bambi's mother

and what about team rocket? i remember one ep where James cross dressed and the whole convulsing episode that shattered japan
Post by lycan1781 (4 posts) See mini bio Level 1
No offense to any of you all, but there is proof that a Pokemon died in the original video game.  The "ghost" that are only able to be seen with a Sliph Scope all are proof.  Yeah, so most are just annoying Ghastly and the occasional Haunter, but that Marowak at the end is bloody uncatchable, so during the game, unless my versions had bugs, said that it died, beacuse that old man said that she died.
If you remember the name of the old man, that would be all the more proof.
Post by SunBender (2 posts) See mini bio Level 2
The Old Mans name is Mr.Fuji
Post by ChibiSan (20 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I would hope so. If not, then they wasted a bunch of money and our lives showing us the Pokemon graveyard in the original :/
Post by TheDrifter (663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Lucario died once.
Post by Ransom (9 posts) See mini bio Level 2
pics or it didn't happen

Damnit, why waste a plushie? some poor people could use that for food
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,230 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
Yes, they can die 
Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11

........uhh post above and they can die in the games
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Sometimes it is implied they can, then again it is sometimes implied they can't. I think we all know however they can be KO'd.
Post by Sploicers (1 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Well in the original games, there was the Tower in Lavender town where the graves of people's Pokémon were so they could mourn and what-not. 
I'm going to assume that Pokémon can die of old age (They DO age, since Pulka, the surfing Pikachu, was about 20 years old and visually old represented by wrinkles) and probably disease, but elemental damage done to them is non-lethal or something like that.  

Remember in the first movie where the clones and the originals were duking it out with fisticuffs rather than powers and everyone was all sad because they were hurting eachother? 
I think it's non-power damage that REALLY hurts Pokémon, something like that.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,183 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Sploicers said:

Well in the original games, there was the Tower in Lavender town where the graves of people's Pokémon were so they could mourn and what-not.

This. Pokémon can totally die.

Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Newten: One of the first things I ever did when I became a mod on Giant Bomb was instead of locking a spam Pokemon thread in the comments section I asked the community if Pokemon eat other Pokemon...Which not only derailed the thread but spawned a huge debate that went on for about two weeks.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,230 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

@zombiepie:

How can you get into a huge debate over do Pokemon eat other Pokemon?

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@Sploicers said:

This. The bodies of the deceased Pokemon reside in the Lavender Town Tower, where their former masters and owners can pay their respects to their dearly departed Pokemon. So yes, Pokemon can indeed die. The angry sprit of the slain Marowak haunted the tower and was a ghost that you had to use the Sliph Scope against in order to see and engage the Pokemon in battle.

Death in the Pokemon franchise is a touchy subject, for the core audience is children/young adults and thus you do not want it to have a negative effect upon that age group that plays/watches/reads anything related to Pokemon.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel