VIDEO: Five Minutes Of POKEMON: BLACK & WHITE Version 2

Topic started by No_name_here on May 18, 2012. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by No_name_here (852 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff

Following those plot details that spread out earlier this week, here’s a video that gives an extended preview of the forthcoming POKEMON: BLACK & WHITE Version 2 games.

Here's something a closer to what I said about how the series ought to allow itself to age and, dare I say, to evolve as it gets further along. I can’t understand anything that’s being said in this clip - - to my ears, it’s just a flurry of syllables regularly punctuated with the word “Pokemon” - - so I suppose the characters could all still being having simple, kid-friendly dialogue. However, the material at least looks more sophisticated, with some rather slickly polished animation, and the trainer's noticeably passed that true threshold of adulthood that trading a baseball cap in for a golf visor represents.

Another thing - - I feel like it’s worth noting that the final moments of this clip totally feel like a Gillette Fusion commercial. Obviously, when the show’s saying “Gotta catch ‘em all!” it’s referring to all the stray hairs that’d otherwise be missed without a couple extra precision razors.

Go on and watch the video below...

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of HYBRID BASTARDS! & UNIMAGINABLE. Order them on Amazon here & here. Follow him on Twitter: @tompinchuk

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,637 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I don't see them allowing the POKEMON anime brand to age. The business model or sales don't support it. They make far too much money the way it is by keeping the younger target audience. I guess they could make a more mature spin-off, but that could just lead to brand confusion.

I'm still learning Japanese, but I understand things well enough. Learning the verb bases is really hard, but you'd be pretty surprised at how polite a language it is.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,070 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I wish this was an anime, it would be way better then the current Pokemon anime

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,276 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Destinyheroknight said:

my thoughts exactly. rather unlikely to happen, though. but it was enjoyable at least seeing what could be, even for only a couple of minutes.

Post by DBZ_universe (14,766 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Destinyheroknight said:

agreed

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel