POKEMON: BLACK & WHITE Season 2 Plot Details Emerge

Topic started by No_name_here on May 15, 2012. Last post by CerberusPrime3k 2 years, 4 months ago.
Post by No_name_here (856 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Online Now
Staff

Here’s some POKEMON news that, for once, doesn’t involve Republican presidential candidates. ANN relayed a few details about which characters will be appearing in the forthcoming Second Season of BLACK & WHITE.

You’re looking at few Pokemon and trainers like…

Here are some visual aides for those who need some ocular proof...

(The inclusion of Meloetta is something a big hoodoo, since the psychokinetic critter’s “extremely rare” and will be headlining a new short, “Meloetta to Kirakira.”)

Plot-wise, the series will see Ash and Cynthia taking on the reigning champion, Adeku, at the World Tournament Junior Cup. You won’t have to speculate for too long about what that premise entails, since the series will start running next month.

You know, I’ve made no secret of the fact that Poke-mania infected the nation a year or two “after my time,” so any excitement conveyed here is purely me playing along. After watching ZETMAN, I’d still contend that this franchise could benefit a lot from some radical deconstructionist take on the mythos that’d appeal to the greater number of adults and young adults who have to be in the audience, now.

It’s not like one misfire poses any threat of derailing this particular gravy train - - Nintendo can afford to be a little experimental.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,132 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I would watch this again if Cynthia and Ash travel together. It would be cool to have Giovanni return.

So far so good.

Post by Lurkero (408 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I still like Pokemon, but I only watch after Ash has matured for that generation.

Every time they start a series with a new generation of Pokemon Ash seems to forget everything he learned in the past and becomes a novice trainer again. After the first 2 seasons of a generation Ash typically has stronger Pokemon and the battles are much more enjoyable to watch. I really enjoyed the battles at the end of the Diamond and Pearl generation and I hope the Black & White generation battles are great too.

@Tom_Pinchuk: I clicked on Cynthia and it led me to a Dragon Ball character.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,272 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

The mysterious rival better be N

I stop watching Pokemon, it just become the same thing over and over (but I do like that Team Rocket become more dangerous)

@Tom_Pinchuk:

After watching ZETMAN, I’d still contend that this franchise could benefit a lot from some radical deconstructionist

They kind of did in the Pokemon Manga, which is way better then the anime

Zombie Psyduck and an Arbok being cut in half
Zombie Psyduck and an Arbok being cut in half
Post by LordTerminal (68 posts) See mini bio Level 6

"It’s not like one misfire poses any threat of derailing this particular gravy train - - Nintendo can afford to be a little experimental."

Rule 1 about Nintendo. Anytime they are experimental, the fanbase boos them for the stupidest, pettiest reasons.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,905 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Tom, you totally got the wrong Cynthia! That one's from Dragon Ball! XD This is her.

To be on topic, I have a good feeling that B&WS2 will turn out to be awesome now. <3

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,642 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now
I always felt that Nintendo screwed up by not calling this game POKEMON: EBONY & IVORY. Just think of the commercials.
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Not even Cynthia my favourite Pokémon Champion makes me want to go on watching this show. I will however gladly read Pokémon Adventures and buy the new games :)

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,272 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

Why, Pokemon anime can't be like this?

I would gladly watch this

@Destinyheroknight: I think since they've got the regular on-going series out each week they should do a mini series adjacent to it. They did Chronicles but that was just repackaging. They should target a maturer age. Around 15+ at least in different lands. Africa/Europe/Americas etc. Then I'd start watching again. Similar to watch you showed, but more aggressive action and darker story.

Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Destinyheroknight said:

Why, Pokemon anime can't be like this?

I would gladly watch this

This should be the new pokemon anime IMO. No Ash and more like Adventures. Sad that its only for the games

Post by CerberusPrime3k (299 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Shouldn't ash be in his 20s by now? I swear ash is like some kind of time manipulator......

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel