PERSONA 3 MOVIE Teaser Site Launched -- AV Mod_Material

Topic started by No_name_here on July 7, 2012. Last post by zaldar 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by No_name_here (856 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff

ANIME VICE PROMOTES SOME RAD MATERIAL BY THE AMAZING MODS IN OUR COMMUNITY.

At one time just a rumor, and now an official site has launched. PERSONA 3 THE MOVIE was originally teased after the credits at the limited screenings in Japan of PERSONA 4 - THE FACTOR OF HOPE in June. Atuls swiftly confirmed they had green lighted the SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI: PERSONA 3 game's story to be adapted into a movie. Since then, we've had no information on director, cast, release dates, or even a production studio. However, I wouldn't be surprised if this was being produced byAniplex, the same company that made PERSONA 4 THE ANIMATION.

Only a few days ago, Atlus began it's marketing campaign by launching both a teaser website that hosts little more than an image of the P3 protagonist, and a dynamic clock - which is always an hour faster than my actual time. The only main link on the page is to a Twitter account to follow their latest releases. The downside it that all their tweets are in Japanese, and Twitter's translator is spotty at best.

Persona 3 Movie Website: http://www.p3m.jp/

P3 Movie Twitter Account: P3movie

When PERSONA 4 was adapted into the anime series late last year, I felt they pulled off a remarkable feat in adapting an extended game story to fit into a twenty-five episode series. While I'm not familiar with the P3 game's plot, it should be interesting how they try to condense it into an even tighter schedule.

If you've never played PERSONA 3 and would like to get some insight as to the plot of this feature. The full SMT: PERSONA 3 FES RPG is currently available for download on the PSN Store for $9.99 USD.

-Kristoffer Remmell ( FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.- Follow for news updates: @AnimeVicers/ @ FoxxFireArt

Post by metalsnakezero (673 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I still wondering what arc they will have in the film adoption. I still think the answer would work well in a film environment.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

I look forward to seeing them pull this off successfully. Still curious to see which part of the Persona 3 story/canon they go with for the film.

Post by TheRealJpoe (9 posts) See mini bio Level 11

It will be interesting to see how they can fit a 70+ hour jrpg in just a 2 hour film. Persona 3 FES is my favorite game of all time & I just hope it gets the justice it deserves. True half that time is spent dungeon crawling, walking around, etc.. but that still leaves a lot of stuff they'll have to cut. Including side plots, which were arguably the best stories in the game. Maybe the movie's success could warrant a full series??

Post by zaldar (1,269 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Just started playing persona 3 now and yeah the sides plots are really the best part so far. I can certainly see some of the full moon events being great scenes...the one on the train in particular. But if you have to cut out the incredibly cute nerdy girl from the student council, or the girl whose parents are going through a divorce (which has been handled really well story wise so far) you are going to really do a disservice I think. Much like with p4 a series would have worked better I think..

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel