One Piece on Hiatus

Topic started by ethan on Aug. 26, 2010. Last post by Nerx 4 years ago.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
A time skip is always good
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@FoxxFireArt said:
" @Roldan: 
Dragon Ball the manga did become Dragon Ball Z after Goku won the World's Martial Arts Tournament. He came back with a kid. 

No, man. In japan it stayed only as a continuous Dragon Ball manga. Only the anime had a Z. 
Your pals at Viz are the only ones who added "Z" in the manga in North America.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,643 posts) See mini bio Level 25
@hitsusatsu11: 
Really? I hadn't realized that. That's strange. I never followed the Dragon Ball manga.

@JJOR64: 
Don't be too concerned about the manga too much. Though it's one of the lower edited mangas VIZ makes. They censored the entire Skypiea Arc (six volumes) using religious values. They refused to use the word "God" through the entire story.

The anime by FUNimation is doing a good job. I can even suggest some places that are good to start.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@FoxxFireArt: Yes in Japan there is no distinction between the DB and Z manga
Post by sora_thekey (1,097 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@FoxxFireArt said:
"@sora_thekey:
I'm unsure if you are joking, but that two year gap isn't for the manga. It's in the story. Two years are going to pass for the characters. Only a month for readers. Much in the same way Naruto had  a two year time skip. You have a month to catch up with the manga. "
Hahaha totally read that wrong then...
Okay then 1 month to catch up it is! I'll take what I can get!
Post by Mezmero (69 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I only watch the show because of the high production quality.  This saga has been an absolute masterpiece so far and I think Oda should take all the time he needs give it a grand finish.
Post by ichirei (11 posts) See mini bio Level 4
These 4 weeks will be the end of me, but Oda DEFINITELY deserves this break. I worship him as a hero that is keeping the sinking boat of manga afloat just with sheer haki alone! He needs time to let that precious creative mind of his rest, and then we'll be back to more One Piece epicness and hijinks.
Post by jlanzer (117 posts) See mini bio Level 16
So with the two year advancement in age do you think the story would get more mature with the characters or would it still be the light hearted adventure it is now.  Naruto got a little more mature by making it somewhat darker and in some cases more brutal.  Then again Z kept it light hearted with the introduction of Gohan to still keep the story kiddy.
I'm confident that One Piece won't follow either of these scenarios and i can't wait for what they decide to do with the 2 years.  I'm only up to ep 280 and this is by far the best of the big three.
Post by Roldan (81 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@jlanzer said:

" So with the two year advancement in age do you think the story would get more mature with the characters or would it still be the light hearted adventure it is now.  Naruto got a little more mature by making it somewhat darker and in some cases more brutal.  Then again Z kept it light hearted with the introduction of Gohan to still keep the story kiddy. I'm confident that One Piece won't follow either of these scenarios and i can't wait for what they decide to do with the 2 years.  I'm only up to ep 280 and this is by far the best of the big three. "

they should strike something between with somewhat older characters and mature storytelling but still some great light humor. something like they did in the Enies Lobby arc (I'm guessing you're there on the anime).   

http://www.gundammodelkits.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Figuarts-Zero-Monkey-D.-Luffy-02.jpg

this is how luffy should look :D!
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,643 posts) See mini bio Level 25
@jlanzer: 
Episode 280 is an odd time. The Enies Lobby Arc is epic. Sanji's fight with Wanze cracked me the Eff Up, then there is Sogeking. You have a while until you catch up with the anime. Episode 464 airs this week.

Honestly, you could skip to Episode 284 and miss nothing. The next few episodes are just recaps of the crews' pasts.

I actually lost interest in Naruto after the time skip. Everything just  became so emo.
Post by MrDirector786 (4,504 posts) See mini bio Level 17
I look forward to the end of the 4 weeks when it resumes. I hope that whatever happens after the time skip will be worth the wait.
Post by TensaZangetsu (8 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@rubberluffy: I don't want absense though :'( XD But i can't wait to see how they all differ and there new strengh :P
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I only watch the anime and don't read the manga so I don't believe this hiatus will effect me too much.  From what I understand the manga is much farther along in the story than the anime is presently, so I doubt it will really impact the anime for a good amount of time.  At worst, they'll be forced to do a filler-side story until there is enough material from the manga again.
Post by NelsonMenard (1 posts) See mini bio Level 3
i cant wait to see how they all mature and how strong they look i hope they all become badass and become funnier and of course stronger and maybe luffy should have a weapon like a sword make it harder with his haki,and maybe ussop should become really fast and strong and could shoot at a really long range with a new weapon, and zoro should be as strong as mihawk or stronger, nami should be able to tell the weather base on the smell of the air and the way it feel and her weapon should upgrade, robin should be so smart that she will be able to inform the crew whats happening in the new world, chopper should become taller and muscular and shud last in his transformation longer, franky should have mega upgrade to beat kuma and have many weapons, last but not least brook should learn whole bunch of songs and technique. thats what i hope no i hope for better then this cant wait.
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Off Topic: Monkey D Luffy always looks like he just finished chugging a case of 6 hour power to me
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@FoxxFireArt said:
" @jlanzer: 
Episode 280 is an odd time. The Enies Lobby Arc is epic. Sanji's fight with Wanze cracked me the Eff Up, then there is Sogeking. You have a while until you catch up with the anime. Episode 464 airs this week.

Honestly, you could skip to Episode 284 and miss nothing. The next few episodes are just recaps of the crews' pasts.

I actually lost interest in Naruto after the time skip. Everything just  became so emo. "
Just like DBZ.... been astonished how much the new show which just cuts down the DBZ story into a more condensed series skips.... Then I watch DBZ and am dumbfounded the series ran so long.... 5 episodes to recap the spirit bomb attack? REALLY? God, how long was the Buu saga for that matter?
Post by Sire_D (8 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I actually just got into One Piece, becaue i noticed it has the similar art style to Fairy Tale.  Hopefully i can catch up to the true fans!!!

Post by links (1 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I like it very much
Post by PredatorPT (58 posts) See mini bio Level 20
After 13 years I think Eiichiro Oda deserves a break.
Post by Darkness1 (24 posts) See mini bio Level 13
This might  be a good thing
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel