If You Build The Going Merry, We Will Come

Topic started by GodLen on March 12, 2010. Last post by firecat1991 4 years, 2 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

There are a couple good ways for a city to attract tourists. Now I’m not going to name them all, for that will be impossible, but probably the best way and easiest way to attract millions of people is to build something from One Piece, and that’s what Kumamoto City is going to do. On Thursday they had a meeting in which they decided to build the pirate ship Going Merry in the city park. They decided to build something from One Piece because it’s creator, Eiichiro Oda was born there.

The Governor is sure that this plan will stimulate the local economy by attracting tourists from around the country and around the world. However, by building Going Merry, they will now have to build Thousand Sunny, and then maybe Impel Down, Marine Ford, and the floating restaurant Baratie; it can’t stop with Going Merry. When I become a homeless man panhandling in Japan, guess where I’m going to call home?

[Via ANN]
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,638 posts) See mini bio Level 25
I'm pretty sure I've already seen pictures of a real Going Merry. It was a floating restaurant. Sort of a Merry and Baratie hybrid. I saw pictures of this last year.

Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
@FoxxFireArt: another place i really really want to go.
Post by HawkofLight (28 posts) See mini bio Level 3

WOW that is badass!!
Post by ThePsychoGamer (1,835 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I wonder why they didn't call it the Coming Marry?
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Shesh, that's not a statue of a giant robot! What's Japan thinking.
Post by firecat1991 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Otakuness strikes again!
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel