Your Personality?

Topic started by Fat_Magnum on Jan. 8, 2013. Last post by Feral_Nova 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by Guyver (3,424 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Fat_Magnum:

Exactly; which is why when I came to realize the reasons for my characteristic traits, I accepted myself as a unique individual-- not some abnormality amidst society. INTP's tend to isolate themselves from society's standards and look for a simplistic, but spiritually rewarding lifestyle. It's a real struggle, that not a lot of people understand. Even I don't, at times lol.

Post by Fat_Magnum (2,493 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Guyver said:

INTP's tend to isolate themselves from society's standards and look for a simplistic, but spiritually rewarding lifestyle.

It's interesting that you mention that, I've not heard it before(in relation to INTP traits) but one huge part of my life has always been trying to maintain a sense of... spirituality. At the same time, I try to keep my mind grounded in scientific kind of analysis as well. It's a strange, dissonant, line to walk, I suppose.

The simplicity bit I never realized until I tried to put myself in the eyes of someone else who would be observing my lifestyle. I concluded that, to most people, it must seem dreadfully boring. All that thinking, reading, thinking... reading and thinking?

@Fat_Magnum:

I never perceieved spirituality as vital to my life(at least consciously), only until after I graduated high school. Once I hit the age of 18, those "INTP" traits dramatically evolved. I completely understand your view, because I've walked down that same path once upon a time. For me, it really began with questions: "Who am I? Why am I here? Why do I feel depressed?" Not a lot of people think that profoundly or care about living a life beyond what popular culture presents us with. They just take in whatever without questioning it. But for some reason, I always need to seek out an answer and this ties-in a lot with spirituality, because these questions have molded me over the past few years.

I try my best to find a respectful living, because simplicty and modesty are a must for me. I just grew up like that. I don't do drugs; I don't drink; and I believe obstinance of certain things are important. On the thinking part, I can see what you mean. People tell me I sometimes overthink and try to analyze things too much. I can't help it. My brain is like a super computer. It's constantly trying to gather information lol. Personally, reading and thinking doesn't bug me, as long as it doesn't lead to negative habits.

Post by Fat_Magnum (2,493 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Guyver said:

Not a lot of people think that profoundly or care about living a life beyond what popular culture presents us with. They just take in whatever without questioning it.

This statement still gives me chills to think about, mostly because I have seen that it is true in most cases. Something I simply cannot understand.

@Guyver said:

@Fat_Magnum:

I don't do drugs; I don't drink; and I believe abstinence of certain things is important.

I'm the same way. It just so happens that in my case it also ties into my belief system and religion, hehe. Also: Bold print for effect! :P

@Fat_Magnum:

Typical INTP Spelling Nazi :P Just playing.

@Fat_Magnum said:

@Guyver said:

Not a lot of people think that profoundly or care about living a life beyond what popular culture presents us with. They just take in whatever without questioning it.

This statement still gives me chills to think about, mostly because I have seen that it is true in most cases. Something I simply cannot understand.

My sentiments exactly.

@Fat_Magnum said:

@Fat_Magnum:

I don't do drugs; I don't drink; and I believe abstinence of certain things is important.

I'm the same way. It just so happens that in my case it also ties into my belief system and religion, hehe. Also: Bold print for effect! :P

Hey, same here! :D

Post by Feral_Nova (1,863 posts) See mini bio Level 12

ISTJ

Introvert(95%) Sensing(25%) Thinking(44%) Judging(11%)

•You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (95%)

•You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (25%)

•You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (44%)

•You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel