Your Personality?

Topic started by Fat_Magnum on Jan. 8, 2013. Last post by Feral_Nova 1 year, 4 months ago.
Post by Supreme Marvel (5,112 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Fat_Magnum: I disagree with some people on there. I'll list some I agree with that I know.

• Captain Jack Sparrow
  • Danny Ocean
  • Bugs Bunny
  • Kevin McCallister
  • Howard Wolowitz
  • XANDER from Buffy
  • SOKKA :D
  • Ferris Buller
  • Agent J

I agree with them.

Actually thinking back. I agree with a lot of mines. Even Joker at times.

Post by Fat_Magnum (2,493 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Aleasha: I can see that. In the process of adoption my mother had an uncanny knack for understanding me even though she only had known me for like 2 months.

@Supreme Marvel: Hehe, well in general ENTJ are viewed as natural born leaders and are very good at controlling people, ususally extremely self-confident etc etc. Some speculated real-life examples include Alexander the Great, Julius Ceasar, Napoleon Bonaparte <- See a pattern here?

@Fat_Magnum said:

@Supreme Marvel: Hehe, well in general ENTJ are viewed as natural born leaders and are very good at controlling people, ususally extremely self-confident etc etc. Some speculated real-life examples include Alexander the Great, Julius Ceasar, Napoleon Bonaparte <- See a pattern here?

I'd say am unpredictable, quick thinker, witty and a decent leader when called upon.

Post by Aleasha (1,430 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Fat_Magnum: That's excellent! My friends and family regularly ask if I can read there minds as I tend to get and be able to formulate what they are thinking/feeling without much to go on. Its easy for me to pick up on peoples emotions but in large crowds this can be over stimulating and extremely wearing almost to the point of exhaustion. This is why solitude is not only wanted but necessary from time to time.

@Supreme Marvel said:

quick thinker, witty

That bit, from what I understand, is ubiquitous among rational (NT) temperaments, though ENT- will probably more verbaly adroit than INT- types, what with being naturally drawn to people and such. But NTs, along with NFs, are relatively rare. Each temperament making up about 12% of US population demographics involving the MBTI.

Just realised I was looking at the wrong one. I was looking at characters I think I'm a like. Not the one I was given.

Whoops!

Post by CuttableFurball (9 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Looks like I'm an INTJ

Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(50%) iNtuitive Thinking(88%) Judging(11%)

• You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
  • You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

Apparently I'm like Snape, Voldemort, Mr. Burns, and Bruce Wayne. The think the last one makes up for the rest.

@CuttableFurball: Yeah, the INTJ type is over-represented among fictional villains. I've read from some people who are more into this than I am that many main characters in various books and novels are INTJ simply because the type fits a first-person perspective very well. Highly reflective, generally intelligent and decisive etc. etc.

Oh while it's crossing my mind here's a site that includes actual famous people of the types, in general both in history and modern day. I'll throw them in the OP as well

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,030 posts) See mini bio Level 16

ESTJ

Extravert(11%) Sensing(62%) Thinking(1%) Judging(1%)

• You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (11%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Sensing over Intuition (62%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

Awww, I'm not like any cool characters. T^T

@Aleasha said:

Its easy for me to pick up on peoples emotions but in large crowds this can be over stimulating and extremely wearing almost to the point of exhaustion.

Hmm, that sounds like more than just ordinary intuition to me. I've only met two other people (not my sister or mother hehe) who describe something similar in their lives, but that's none of my business :P

@UltimateHero0406 said:

ESTJ

Extravert(11%) Sensing(62%) Thinking(1%) Judging(1%)

• You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (11%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Sensing over Intuition (62%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

You are truly an ambiguous enigma. Jaykay jaykay. If this is accurate, my older sister is this type. She and I don't get along -.- but that has more to do with our history than our personalities.

Another random aside, now I don't know how theorists come up with the idea of matching people romantically using this tool, but ENTJ/ESTJ is often suggested as an "ideal" romantic match for INTP, and the inverse as well, of course. They do add the stipulation/qualifier that any types can get along in a relationship as long as they are both healthy people in general, not like they are horoscope matching people or something (lawl) The deal with that in my case is if I wanted to pursue finding an ENTJ lady it would be difficult cuase something like .5% of women are ENTJ, according to what studies I have no idea.

So out of 100 women, half of one would be my best match? -.-

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,030 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Fat_Magnum: Yeah, I agree. Two people who are alike enough and have a good bond will make a fine relationship. I never believed in that matchmaking stuff but it's still cool to think about though. And I guess you better get you chainsaw ready lol. I joke, I joke, I kid, I kid. And I think I'm one of the only extroverts here.

Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Not sure how accurate the test is but here are my results:

INFJ

Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(38%) Feeling(38%) Judging(22%)

• You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

@UsachanMaN said:

Not sure how accurate the test is but here are my results:

Hehe, yeah the one I linked has actually been criticized quite a bit by some online communities I've read around in. It tends to produce either erroneous results entirely or results that vary extremely easily. Many come up as INTJ with that one, I think I heard, whic his the 2nd rarest type so it's unlikely that all those people are actually INTJ. That said, it was pretty spot on for various friends/family of mine.

As mentioned , Ichose it cuz it's one of the more hassle-free links I could find.

@UltimateHero0406: My body is ready... to chainsaw people.

Post by Guyver (3,406 posts) See mini bio Level 14

INTP

Post by Guyver (3,406 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Fat_Magnum:

So you're an INTP, huh? It's a gift and a curse, ain't it :P

Post by Sonata (35,314 posts) See mini bio Level 20
So I am the only ENTP one here so far, Yeah I am truly alone lol.

@Guyver: It can be. Definitely explains the "differentness" you feel most of your life huh?

I always felt like something was wrong with me in that I viewed myself as "insensitive" or something, now I just kind of accept that I'm not a very emotional person and don't connect that well with most other people. On the other hand, the high amount of "raw intelligence" (not my words) makes some important areas of life pretty easy to laze my way through, compared to many others I've seen who must invest much more effort into the same tasks (mainly school) :P

@Sonata: Well, you're an extrovert on the internet, so of course :P Was actually surprised how many E- there were that showed up here on AV

Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Fat_Magnum: No worries, it is an interesting test :D

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel