Your favorite Jrock-pop bands?

Topic started by Black_Rose on Dec. 4, 2008. Last post by Kuro 5 years, 11 months ago.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Mine would be (in no particular order):

• An Cafe
  • Versailles
  • Phantasmagoria
  • Hide with Spread Beaver
  • X Japan
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Hmm... I don't really have a favorite JRock band. However, my music players are all filled with Japanese music - mostly from anime OSTs and soundtracks.

To be honest, the only ones I know are:

• Glay
  • X Japan
  • Gackt
  • Guitar Wolf
  • Acidman
  • Janne Da Arc

...and I'm not really sure if you would classify some of them as JRock.

I'll definately check out the bands you mentioned though :)

Post by Resonate (625 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Asian Kung Fu Generation, Gackt, and Gazette

Hell yes
Post by TPKLanzir (15 posts) See mini bio Level 1
The one that sings the rock intro to Dirty Pair Flash. I think it was the first series.

Also, Bump of Chicken.

Bonnie Pink.

I'm just not that in to J-Rock anymore. :/
Post by Shingui_Takeda (199 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Crap i didnt know this was already a thread but mine are

Gackt

Dir En Grey

and Gazette
Post by zhalfim (3 posts) See mini bio Level 1
X Japan

Dir en Grey

Loudness

Luna Sea

yeah, I think those are my top picks...I like more, but these are the four that are kicking my headphones at the moment
Post by Zorn (131 posts) See mini bio Level 7
  1. Orange Range
  2. Asian Kung-Fu Generation
  3. Dir en grey - Child Prey Meta
Post by Rain_Man (1,318 posts) See mini bio Level 7
hmmm........
Post by Zorn (131 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Most of the Bands that did  intros for Bleach.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
  • Miyabi
  • Thyme
  • Tetra Fang
  • Yu-Ki

post more later ^^

Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Devilly said:
"
  • Miyabi
"
Isn't it "Miyavi"? or have i spelled it wrong all this time?
Black_Rose said:
"Devilly said:
"
  • Miyabi
"
Isn't it "Miyavi"? or have i spelled it wrong all this time?"

Miyabi is his name in his old band after going solo he called himself Miyavi
and i forgot Due Le Qaurtz too ofcourse :P
Post by Rain_Man (1,318 posts) See mini bio Level 7
never heard any of this.
Post by Axersia (228 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I don't listen to a lot of j-rock per se, but I do like some j-metal bands:

• Blood Stain Child
  • Galneryus
  • HIZAKI grace project
  • Versailles
  • D'espairsRay

Here's a vid of Blood Stain Child -- they mix trance with melodic death metal:

The music video was produced by GONZO.

Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Favourite J-Musicians/Bands: GaGaalinG, Abingdon Boys School, T.M. Revolution. 9mm Parabellum Bullet, Maximum the Hormone, Boom Boom Satellites, Utada Hikaru, Anna Tsuchiya, M-Flo, Mutyumu, School Food Punishment

If one is looking to broaden there taste in Japanese music, I *highly* recommend  http://www.zbsatozofjmusic.com/ to help expand there horrizons.
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Personally, I'm a fan of HUSKING BEE, 9mm Parabellum Bullet, Maximum the Hormone (in small doses), and Jinn.
Post by Axersia (228 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Kuro said:
"Favourite J-Musicians/Bands: GaGaalinG, Abingdon Boys School, T.M. Revolution. 9mm Parabellum Bullet, Maximum the Hormone, Boom Boom Satellites, Utada Hikaru, Anna Tsuchiya, M-Flo, Mutyumu, School Food Punishment

If one is looking to broaden there taste in Japanese music, I *highly* recommend  http://www.zbsatozofjmusic.com/ to help expand there horrizons."
Just wondering -- are you Zack Bentz?

Because if so you would be advertising your own site and we don't allow that around these parts. :P

(although I'm sure Gia wouldn't mind)
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Kuro wishes he was half the man Zack Bentz is.
Post by Seth_Tosen (53 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Singer(s)
I will have to say

Gackt,his music is absolutly and i am not stretching the word BEAUTIFUL. He mixes old music with modern an its just freaking awesome. He is a absolute genius when it comes to his music, the emotion behind each lyric brings tears to your eyes in many of his songs.

Mai Yamaumi(Sp). Her works in the Cowboy Bebop music is also the best I have heard in ANY anime. I can listen to her for hours.

Bands

X-Japan-These guys have been going strong since 1982 and even with a 11 year gap between 1997-2007 they are still AWESOME. Even without Hide they still make you shiver with HOLY CRAPness. Their music is TOP notch in the music industry of JRock

Dir En Grey-What can I say about these guys that hasnt already been stated, their freaking awesome. Their lyrics are only part of what makes them one of the top in choices of JRock. Their music is scary to some an down right disturbing if you read their lyrics an watch...lets face it all of their videos. Almost all their videos are banned in the US for one reason they dont hold back. These guys were the first to cross the bilingual barrier and still have HUGE amount of fanbase in both the US and Japan.Kyo is hands down one of the most creepy and brilliant men to come out of Jrock music. (Besides Gackt

Gazette-I am fairly new to these guys but all i can say is they are what Punk and Rock shoud be. Mixing a bit of rap,punk and metal(they call it rock but its f@#king metal) into one smooth tone of music is awesome. Yeah Ruki cant speak great english and he tries to encorperate english into his songs and it just sounds silly but he is awesome.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel