Would you vote for a female president?

Topic started by rein on July 8, 2011. Last post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto 3 years, 3 months ago.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I never thought that i was sexist, but i've recently reconsidered that. The upcoming presidential election is going to be the first one that I'm eligible to vote for, so i've been thinking about it quite a bit.  i started thinking about the topic of women presidents and i realized that I'm not entirely sure i would feel safe with one running the country. i was thinking about the girls that i know, and i realized that even the ones that are extremely smart in class seem to have common sense that borders on near-retardation. One instance in particular springs to mind.
My government class was having a discussion about higher end prison sentences (life sentences, death penalty etc) and a girl who i had always regarded as very smart said "If someone dies before their sentence is up do they keep the body in jail?" I started laughing, only to realize that she was completely serious. The sad thing is, i hear girls say stuff like that all the time. 
Although maybe it's just the girls i know, I'm in high school so i still deal primarily with high school girls, and i hear girls my age pretend to be stupid to be cute. 
Maybe someone a little older then me can clear this up? Or maybe you'll just give me more reasons not to trust a female president.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,331 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I would, I don't really care if it is a female or male  
I don't really like judging by sex or skin color, if I agree with them (they probably got my vote)
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@Destinyheroknight said:
I would, I don't really care if it is a female or male  I don't really like judging by sex or skin color, if I agree with them (they probably got my vote)
That being said, who did you vote for back in '08?

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto:

Doctor Insano that is where you find the answer (I kind of kicking myself for it)

Post by difficlus (10 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I would if she proved herself the best pick.
Post by Dream (7,892 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Depends on how similar and different their political views are to mine. Differing opinions on major issues effect my opinion on who to vote for more than any superficial thing such as race and gender.
Post by EyeCandy (74 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@difficlus said:
I would if she proved herself the best pick.
this
Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10

If she's an awesome candidate yeah why not? But someone like Sarah Palin, no....

Post by Wales (133 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I wouldn't be swayed by the fact she is a woman. I would be swayed by what her foreign policy is and her plans to fix the economy. Same with Barack Obama. I don't want to sound racist, but I have the feeling that those who turned eighteen for the 2008 presidential election voted for Obama primarily due to the fact that he could turn out to be the first African American president.  

As well as you have to consider who is their running mate. One reason I didn't vote for McCain was because of Sarah Palin. So there are a plethora of factors to consider when casting a vote other than the fact that the candidate in question has an extra X chromosome. 
@Destinyheroknight said:

Doctor Insano that is where you find the answer (I kind of kicking myself for it)

Well, anyone who voted for Spoony's kicking themselves for it. ONLY NOW are people realizing he's not entirely black...

Well, anyone who voted for Spoony's kicking themselves for it. ONLY NOW are people realizing he's not entirely black...

I voted for Doctor Insano who is a Black female, not Spoony :)

@Destinyheroknight said:

I voted for Doctor Insano who is a Black female, not Spoony :)

You did NOT for That Chick with the Goggles...
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@rein
goin into 3rd year of college, I see the same thing 
Post by wayintothe7thart (1,079 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I haven't voting yet, and not planing to in the future either.
In short, yes... yes I would.
Post by Agent9149 (481 posts) See mini bio Level 11
i was a hllary supporter :,D
@Agent9149: You were supporting a man in drag.
Post by Agent9149 (481 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:
well.............................i was a man in drag supporter :,D
@Agent9149 said:
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:
well.............................i was a man in drag supporter :,D
So............................................... Tim Curry for President, anyone?
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Gender has no difference to me, there political values and how they relate to mine determines if I follow them or not, just like with political parties, I see both ways. 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel