Would you rather go to Hell or cease to exist?

Topic started by mydeathlyways on April 25, 2011. Last post by SilverGalford 2 years, 11 months ago.
Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@sickVisionz said:

@sharingan_eyes said:

cease to exist, i'd rather feel nothing than eternal pain

This. Hell is not cool. You will not go to hell and run the devil or be best buds with him and have him be cool with you.

It is fiction these days that makes many people think they even have a chance at that.
Post by Bellum (127 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Hell. Shame I'm an atheist. :(
Post by Sonata (35,091 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Well you wouldnt necessarily be bored in hell.

Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Sonata: I can agree, you can either became a huge masochist (which I highly doubt anyone in hell can do) or you can just ignore the pain after a few centuries.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11
hell doesn't exist , so you will cease to exist  :)
Post by Agent9149 (481 posts) See mini bio Level 11
i pick hell.......ceasing to exist makes everything useless and life in vain and if thats the case the creation of the universe was the biggest fail in all existence...........................i rather live and be lost than to never have lived in first place
@SilverGalford: That's your opinion, not a fact my friend. Just like how everyone else has opinions.  We truely have no idea what happens after death however if their is an afterlife, I'm going to smack myself for eternity.
Post by YouFinished (1,027 posts) See mini bio Level 9
cease to exist. i'd rather not suffer for eternity.
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,320 posts) See mini bio Level 12
If there is chance for me to have a little "Dante's inferno quest" then yeah I'd go to hell.If I am motionless in the middle of hell and eternally being tortuted raped,emasculated and tortured psychologically then I am picking non-existence.
But then again after a while hell would become painless after being used to it so much.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
It depends on the religion. If it was hindu or buddhist hell, then yeah id go there since its only temporary and I  would get another chance. If it was christian hell then id choose to not exist. burning forever and ever doesn't really appeal to me

That's your opinion, not a fact my friend. Just like how everyone else has opinions.  We truely have no idea what happens after death however if their is an afterlife, I'm going to smack myself for eternity. 

i think : 
 how could  a God of love created such a terrible place to torment people? that doesn't make sense.

and if hell were true , that would mean evil people would continue existing ,  if  God wants to destroy evil forever and evil people too , it  wouldn't make sense to create a place like Hell and what's more , that would make God a Liar which he is not .   besides God doesn't like to do what is mentioned or described  in  Hell so i think it's impossible. the ultimate punishment from God is complete destruction.

one problem i can see when people talk about Hell , is that they really  don't know the real meaning of Hell due to some teachings or bible translations. but i have mentioned some points that make me think otherwise.

if thats the case the creation of the universe was the biggest fail in all existence

actually the universe is ok ,there is nothing wrong with it , WE are the biggest fail by our own decision.
Post by The_Flash_ (71 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@SilverGalford: Well God wasn't always a loving God, in the old testament anything you did to slightly piss him off, your up in your in plagues and having your first born killed. And true God could possible destroy all evil if he so chooses to, but then he would also have to go back on his own word of giving humans free will and have us all be brain dead fools living for the sole purpose of acknowledging his exextince and basicly talking about how great he is. But in doing that wouldn't giving us life already be meaningless? Living without even having a chose to make and every desision made for you?

ahhhhh i said to much, but to answer the question given i rather cease to exist
Post by The_Guardian (6,487 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@SilverGalford: God is not all lovey dovey that is a sad misconception.
@The_Guardian: True, back at the old testament he pissed God off you're screwed but that's till said Jesus came and sacrificed himself for our sins meaning no one had to sacrifice the first born of their lambs or cats anymore. In the New Testament God became more calm, awesome if you put it that way, and forgiving. To me God is a very forgiving Omnipotent.

Well God wasn't always a loving God, in the old testament anything you did to slightly piss him off, your up in your in plagues and having your first born killed.

yeah and that was because those destroyed  people were  good boys  right? they were saints weren't they??  or  are you consenting how those people who were destroyed by God acted? .when God destroys someone , he does it because he has a strong and justified reason , he is not like us humans who can be even so very  terrible ,cruel ,  unfair and opportunist  mostly. God is perfect he knows what he is doing , we aren't . there is always a reason.

God could possible destroy all evil if he so chooses to, but then he would also have to go back on his own word of giving humans free will and have us all be brain dead fools living for the sole purpose of acknowledging his exextince and basicly talking about how great he is

free will doesn't have anything to do   with this , free will was given by God  yeah , but it had to be used in a responsible and wise way . unfortunately  many humans use free will in a terrible , stupid  and careless way , acting so bad ,  hurting each other and also destroying the earth and its  enviroment . will God allow this forever? No. and when you said how great he is , are you longing for his power? . are you jelaous? . Do you want to be like him? or can't you stand the idea that there is someone superior to you in everything?.

But in doing that wouldn't giving us life already be meaningless? Living without even having a chose to make and every desision made for you? 

if you didn't know it , we are already living a meaningless, miserable,  unfair and hopeless life 
even if you don't believe God ,life is like that whether you like it or not , but with God life is perfect and meaningful.  well i mean it will be perfect in the future but at least today i have hope.

you can choose and do what you want but in a responsible , wise and careful way and that's something humans don't do mostly.

To me God is a very forgiving Omnipotent. 

God forgives you according to your heart and real desires and intentions.

God is not all lovey dovey that is a sad misconception. 

created by you
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Cease to exist, eternal suffering sounds far less appealing. 
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Sonata said:

You're right, but I don't think that's a big deal since you'll be enduring eternal suffering like you've never even dreamed of :P at least when you cease to exist you don't have to go through all of that pain (that will never end anyway). 

@SilverGalford: Well God is not all that loving. He was pretty easy to piss off in the Old Testament. The tiniest thing would leave you up to your neck in trouble. Sure he's described as a perfect and omnibenevolent being but it doesn't mean he's pacifistic. I don't believe in God, but his personality traits are described pretty well.  

ND
@Newdeath said:
@Sonata said:

You're right, but I don't think that's a big deal since you'll be enduring eternal suffering like you've never even dreamed of :P at least when you cease to exist you don't have to go through all of that pain (that will never end anyway). 

@SilverGalford: Well God is not all that loving. He was pretty easy to piss off in the Old Testament. The tiniest thing would leave you up to your neck in trouble. Sure he's described as a perfect and omnibenevolent being but it doesn't mean he's pacifistic. I don't believe in God, but his personality traits are described pretty well.   ND

because either  you don't understand the circumstances of those moments when God did that or you don't want to understand. of course he is like that but with the ones who really  deserve that aka the evil ones ,  he is love and also justice . he wouldn't act in that way against someone who act in good faith and with good intentions.

for example : 

people know that some practices or actions  were punished with death . 

adultery was one of them . let's say that someone commited this , then that person should die but God forgives this person. 
what if this person commits over and over again the same thing and God keeps forgiving this person all the time? 
what if this person  started to contaminate other people with his actions? 
you know we all live in the same planet after all , and every action we do , no matter how little this can be , affect other people.  now the question is , is it really hard to be a good person? Job showed that's not impossible. 

and also God can read your heart , he knows what your real intentions are . acting with justice doesn't mean he is not  love.
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@SilverGalford: Nah, its because he was really easy to anger. He was like that strict teacher in school everybody watched out for. Anyway, I'm not here to discuss about God so yeah.  

ND
Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:
I think I'd rather burn out than fade away...

why don't you ever make sinse? even though you aren't trolling.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel