Would You Kill Your Future Self For Money?

Topic started by Destinyheroknight on Sept. 28, 2012. Last post by Feral_Nova 1 year, 4 months ago.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,277 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Yes, In A Heart Beat
  • No, Not For All The Money In The World
  • I Don't Know
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,277 posts) See mini bio Level 21

You get 8 Billion dollars and live about 30 years

Post by Sonata (35,387 posts) See mini bio Level 20
You must have seen Looper or something lol. Nope I wouldn't do it.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,277 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Sonata:

Yes, I have seen Looper and it was amazing

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,948 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Eff no. You'd have to hate yourself and love money more than your own self lol.

Post by Tiferet (149 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Actually, I'm working on getting stronger and stuff, so my future self would probably kick my ass hard if I tried.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

You have to be emo to do that kind of stuff...

Post by sakurablossomyears (202 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Greed is deadly. Money doesn't matter in the end, especially when you have to kill yourself in order to obtain it. So no I wouldn't kill myself. That's just foolish.

Post by taichokage (13,313 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Lol. Money is important. You wouldn't work for it if you truly felt that it were not. It's as important as the food it buys, the shelter it provides and the the bills it pays (quoted someone there). Not to say that it is the most important thing but don't kid yourself about its importance in a world where bartering is the rule. For 8 billion? I just might.
Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Yes. If I kill future me and age and can't figure out a way to get out if it, despite knowing when, where, and how young me is coming, then I'm a fool and deserve death.
Post by Hemelsnaam (2 posts) See mini bio Level 4

If I had a chance of being able to kill myself, then still no. Why would I kill myself for money. You might as well become a hitman if you feel that is right.

Post by sakurablossomyears (202 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@taichokage: Then think of this. When you look into your own eyes, the second before your futures death, would you think "is the money worth more than your own life?" or "hey why not? Might as well spend it quick since I shortened my life span!" Thats what I meant. I know just how important money is now, but what I was saying was would it be just as important when deciding at that moment in time. Sorry for the confusion.

Post by Yusuke52 (426 posts) See mini bio Level 15

It depends entirely on who my future self turned out to be. If I just happened to be a scumbag with no job or house etc. then I would do the world and myself a favor and take my 8 billion and 30 years to leave my mark. If on the other hand I had a good job and a loving family and kids, I doubt I would see the money as a substitute to that.

For the sake of this I will go under the assumption that I end up being some kind of scam artist in later life, I which case I would shoot myself and take the money.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I would first find out why I have to kill my self... if my future self did something horrible than I would kill my future self... but if it was for no reason than I wouldn't

Post by 5th (1,246 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Naw... I'd become best pal with my future self and ask so many questions to prevent bad things in happening in my future ^_^

Post by cynically_happy (115 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Man, Looper was a real great movie y'all.

Post by Feral_Nova (1,863 posts) See mini bio Level 12
No cause what if you get a crap load of money but then they make you kill your future self from tomorrow! >.<
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel