would you give an speech in front of a big audience?

Topic started by SilverGalford on May 16, 2011. Last post by Feral_Nova 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Do you feel a little bit nervous? Have you ever done something like this? 
Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11

just picture them naked
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
No
Post by wayintothe7thart (1,079 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Yes
@Destinyheroknight said:
No
why not?
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
@SilverGalford
I not good at talking to a lot of people
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I am a stand-up comic, saying no is not an option
@EganTheVile1 said:
have you ever done  stand up? if so , how was it?  is it hard to do something like that? 
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@SilverGalford
I have over 300 times, it gets easier as you go, I enjoy it now, at first drunken hecklers were a bit annoying and took me straight out of my performance, now I am able to counter them with ease (especially since realizing 90% of the time they are smashed girls in their 20's) It's fun but beyond YouTube I do not have any recorded performances
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@SilverGalford said:
@EganTheVile1 said:
have you ever done  stand up? if so , how was it?  is it hard to do something like that? 
He is a stand comic, asking whether he has done stand up is like asking if an Accountant ever accounts, or a programmer if he had program before

Yes I did, It was a presentation for a system in my case
Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I can!
And I did. Technical paper presentations and all that stuff...Nothing outside tech though...
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Yes, and it sucks.
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I often have to speak in front of a big audience.
I suck at it and I fucking hate it.
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Yes, I have also done it quite a lot. If you don't feel nervous than I would think something was wrong, because it is certainly normal for people to feel nervous, even us who have major experience in the field.
Post by sickVisionz (4,242 posts) See mini bio Level 24

The largest I've ever done is like 20 something people in my business communication class. I was nervous at first but I started getting over it after a while. That class was designed to make you better at document design and giving speeches and it helped a lot.

The best thing I found was to somehow get excited about your subject and to fully understand what you're talking about so that at least you're not worried about forgetting things or messing up or constantly having to look down at note cards.

Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@sickVisionz said:

The largest I've ever done is like 20 something people in my business communication class. I was nervous at first but I started getting over it after a while. That class was designed to make you better at document design and giving speeches and it helped a lot.

The best thing I found was to somehow get excited about your subject and to fully understand what you're talking about so that at least you're not worried about forgetting things or messing up or constantly having to look down at note cards.

aaahhh Business Communication, the oh so dreaded subject for all BIS/BIT major in my school
@sickVisionz said:

Fuck it- break out the note cards and show 'em that you're human and not just another robot.
Post by Sonata (35,235 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I have done this a few times in school, and other places. Was a bit nervous, but I was prepared and made it through.

@Sonata said:

I have done this a few times in school, and other places. Was a bit nervous, but I was prepared and made it through.

More prepared than your avatar in the first episode of Sasami?
Post by sickVisionz (4,242 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: Nah, it's best to not have note cards. Note cards are a clutch you use when you aren't familiar with your material. I've never seen a good speech or presentation given with them because they instantly bring the presenter's knowledge of the subject into question and bring the flow of the speech to a screeching halt.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel