Wold Football (FIFA) vs American Football (NFL)

Topic started by Dreamer on Aug. 17, 2011. Last post by SilverGalford 2 years, 11 months ago.
Post by Dreamer (114 posts) See mini bio Level 9
   vs 

World Football (FIFA) vs American Football, lol im calling it world football because about 95% of the world calls soccer, football 

with you like better and why and whats your favorite team/country/player 

so what do i like better well i think soccer is better i played soccer and football but i think soccer player have more pashone for the game and play for fun  
my favorite team is (country) IS Spain and Mexico favorite club team is Manchester and Barcelona
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I'd rather play Soccer, but I would prefer to watch Football. I'm American, so that probably has something to do with it. : P

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Honestly while I may bash on American Football just to piss some of my friends off, its a good sport. But I prefer the real football (soccer), watching and playing. I'd say football is a far better sport than NFL. The whole world enjoys it and I strongly believe that football (soccer) is the greatest sport of all time. It just demands so much stamina, speed, tactical intelligence, physical power and creativity from a player that you just don't see in any other sport in the world. 

My favorite team is FC Barcelona and my national teams are Brazil and Spain. My favorite player of all time is hard to say, it's a tie between Maradona, Brazilian Ronaldo and Johan Cruyff. My favorite active player is Lionel Messi. 

ND
Post by killermike (321 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I care for neither
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10

because of the lack of video referees and the amount of pussies who dive and cheat i think NFL is the better sport at the moment 
@Lemegeton300: Diving is the only thing I hate about football. 

ND
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,746 posts) See mini bio Level 20
NFL easily, I enjoy the world and euro cups, and a little bit of club play, but American Football is by far the better game. I've never played a team sport as fun as high school football. 

Imo American Football is the greatest team sport there is, it is like a war played out on the gridiron. The QB is like the general, lineman like large tanks, ect. ect. 
It is highly physical tough game that also involves a tremendous amount of strategy and intelligence. 
Post by Sonata (35,342 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Definitely American football, Kickoff returns for touchdowns are one of the most exciting plays in all of sports.

Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Depends on the season and weather. If it's warm, sunny weather, break out the (FIFA) football. If it's pouring rain or snowy as hell, break out the (NFL) football.
@Newdeath said:
@Lemegeton300: Diving is the only thing I hate about football.  ND

yeah it drives me up the wall.
@Lemegeton300: No kidding. And it's funny seeing Ronaldo dive when Messi hardly ever falls since Ron is the strongest of the two.

ND

@Newdeath said:

@Lemegeton300: No kidding. And it's funny seeing Ronaldo dive when Messi hardly ever falls since Ron is the strongest of the two. ND

Ronaldo is a disgrace to the sport and its beyond belief how people praise him and he is an insult to professional sportsmen the world over. 

i mean could you imagine if in an NFL game a WR on a 3rd and long pretended to get tripped or impeded by the Corner to try and get a Pass interference call. it just wouldn't happen and if someone tried it the league would not tolerate it. 

as much as i still love soccer it saddens me that now every striker who gets through on goal will go down at the slightest bit of contact. Everybody does it because they get away with it cos the leagues refuse to do anything about it 
@Lemegeton300: It's a mystery why he acts the way he does. He has so much talent that goes to waste. He always dives so he can get a freekick. Not to mention he's nearly as arrogant as his coach Mourinho. Not to many players are as good and humble as Messi. 

They wouldn't tolerate it at all in NFL. I remember the days when hardly anyone used to dive in football. Well not every striker dives, most of them do though.  

ND
Post by Dreamer (114 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Cool thing is Soccer(Football) is most popular sport in the world whit( 3.6 - 4.1 billion ) Fans/Players/views and it growing like fire lol and American Football just have about 100-200 million  so lets not talk about which  is bigger lol ill give the link to that as soon as posible
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,290 posts) See mini bio Level 17
i have a respect of the the American game, and I enjoy the NFL season, but I've grown up on the Real football, and love listening to the EPL on a saturday morning, it being my second favorite sports related activity.
@Halberdierv2: That's pretty cool. What team do you support? 

ND
@Newdeath: for EPL, I am a Man U man, it runs in my family. 
for NFL, I back the Packers (and was backing them from before the Superbowl, mind you.)
@Halberdierv2: Oh cool. I support Man Utd in the EPL as well.  
As for NFL, I barely watch it. It's a little enjoyable but I don't watch it enough to know any teams :P 

ND
@Newdeath: ok, I didn't get into NFL until recently, when my brother's friend introduced me to Eyeshield 21, so i know where you're coming from.
@Halberdierv2: Oh cool. NFL's pretty cool but its no football (soccer). Who do you support as the greatest soccer player of all time? 

ND
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel