Which anime universe and characters are the strongest.

Topic started by Rexic on Jan. 18, 2011. Last post by taichokage 2 weeks, 4 days ago.
Post by Rexic (99 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I was watching gurren lagann and the super tengen toppa gurren lagann is universe sized.I wondered.who would win.Goku or sttgl?But then I thought of all the other series with extremely strong characters.Most people would think that dbz characters are the strongest in anime,but im not sure.I mean,sttgl IS a universe he would be fighting against.what do you think.
Post by SSJjanemba (2,407 posts) See mini bio Level 11
yes dbz is the strongest pl of 139 to bust the moon goku at ssj3 1.2 billion
Post by SuperperfectCell (528 posts) See mini bio Level 10

i only see SS4Gogeta being able to take him down, but that brings up the whole universal busting debate so i won't get into that. i'm pretty sure Dark shinieder may be able to take him on but he may depend more on his speed then his raw power and i believe Demonbane could take him down.
Post by Dream (8,127 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Moderator
For anime and manga, I'd wager Tenchi Muyo as the strongest universe thanks to having four multi-versal omnipotent beings and one of anime's most broken defenses.
Post by TheLegendaryOne (879 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@SSJjanemba said:
" yes dbz is the strongest pl of 139 to bust the moon goku at ssj3 1.2 billion "
DBZ is top 10. Definitely not the strongest.
 
@Dream said:
" For anime and manga, I'd wager Tenchi Muyo as the strongest universe thanks to having four multi-versal omnipotent beings and one of anime's most broken defenses. "
Definitely. Seriously, Light Hawk Wings are stupid broken.
Post by Kurohige (3,743 posts) See mini bio Level 19

In my opinion DBZ should not even be in the top ten if their top strength is possible solar system busting, there was some galaxy busitng in there but the never showed the character one shotting it. They don't really have any hax moves other than Buu's candy beam either to give them an advantage. Unless someone can please correct me on why they should be on the top 10, I love DBZ and all but I don't see them nearly as powerful as people say, well Hitsu can actualy make good arguments to support it so he can tell me I guess.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,379 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Post by soldier (495 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Kurohige said:
"
In my opinion DBZ should not even be in the top ten if their top strength is possible solar system busting, there was some galaxy busitng in there but the never showed the character one shotting it. They don't really have any hax moves other than Buu's candy beam either to give them an advantage. Unless someone can please correct me on why they should be on the top 10, I love DBZ and all but I don't see them nearly as powerful as people say, well Hitsu can actualy make good arguments to support it so he can tell me I guess. "

Dude, mystic buu was on the verge of destroying the universe just by getting in a tantrum. This would have occured versus super vegito, both dende and kibito kai stated it, this was due to the ripping of dimensions. The fact is with Broly you saw the Galaxy being destroyed in seconds, King Kai was not looking up for hours, or years. It was pretty much one event by a normal ssj Broly. DBZ has pretty amazing feats reaching a t top universe destruction (mystic Buu), and is at least galactic busting (Broly). Therefore although I believe that DBZ is not the top, it is certainly up in the top ten. 
 
Peace.
Post by ssjsuperman (1,661 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Dream said:
" For anime and manga, I'd wager Tenchi Muyo as the strongest universe thanks to having four multi-versal omnipotent beings and one of anime's most broken defenses. "
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Just out of curiosity, is destructive capacity the only way we measure strength and power?  If not, how about the Haruhi Suzumiya universe since she seems to be able to alter reality to suit her desires.  
Post by MrDirector786 (4,510 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@PenguinDust said:
" Just out of curiosity, is destructive capacity the only way we measure strength and power?  If not, how about the Haruhi Suzumiya universe since she seems to be able to alter reality to suit her desires.   "
Nope. There are lots of things that determine which character would win in a battle against another character other than just destructive power. For example, lets's say there's a character that can destroy the universe but takes about 4 seconds to charge up that much power and also has regular human level strength, durability, and speed and has no mental defenses. Someone with powerful telepathic powers can just mindrape him before he can do anything even if they don't even have enough power to destroy a building. Or let's say there's a character with super speed and strength; this character can just beat down the other character before they can finish charging their universe-busting attack. My examples may not be the best, but I hope you at least get the idea that more destructive capability is never the only reason why a character beats another character.
Post by Kurohige (3,743 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@soldier said:
" @Kurohige said:
"
In my opinion DBZ should not even be in the top ten if their top strength is possible solar system busting, there was some galaxy busitng in there but the never showed the character one shotting it. They don't really have any hax moves other than Buu's candy beam either to give them an advantage. Unless someone can please correct me on why they should be on the top 10, I love DBZ and all but I don't see them nearly as powerful as people say, well Hitsu can actualy make good arguments to support it so he can tell me I guess. "
Dude, mystic buu was on the verge of destroying the universe just by getting in a tantrum. This would have occured versus super vegito, both dende and kibito kai stated it, this was due to the ripping of dimensions. The fact is with Broly you saw the Galaxy being destroyed in seconds, King Kai was not looking up for hours, or years. It was pretty much one event by a normal ssj Broly. DBZ has pretty amazing feats reaching a t top universe destruction (mystic Buu), and is at least galactic busting (Broly). Therefore although I believe that DBZ is not the top, it is certainly up in the top ten.  Peace. "
Compared to the other hax abilities of many other anime, I don't see DBZ being able to make it up there, you misunderstood, I was not saying DBZ was weak or anything, just they are not that powerful, the most I saw was a character who could potentially destroy the universe, regardless if he was just throwing a fit, the amount of power should be the same, we can't assume he was not even trying, dimensions busting like Gotenks yelling and buu ripping a tiny hole were plot devices and was never a real battle feat. Still I am not discarding it. We saw Broly destroy it but then Goku was able to teleport there, not only that but we don't know what Broly was doing all that time, he could have been destroying planets and then boom, went the galaxy, I'm not saying he did not do it, but the plot holes make it seem...fishy. Maybe you are right, but I just don't see how they can stand against most of the hax anime out there, but maybe they are number ten.
Post by Dream (8,127 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Moderator
@Destinyheroknight said:
" Here a list on top of my head
  1. Tenchi Muyo  
  2. Bastard!
  3. Slayers
  4. Sailor Moon
  5. Digimon
  6. Gurren Lagann  
  7. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
  8. Dragon Ball Z/GT
"
Noein could top second. The series has two multiversal reality warpers and a group of quantum beings called the Dragon Knights that can stop time and are intangible to normal physical and energy attacks.
Post by Nevermind (942 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I actually did a list of what I think are the top ten strongest verses in anime:
 
1. Tenchi Muyo!
2. Slayers
3. Demonbane (I used to think Demonbane was 2 but after receiving some more info about LoN I'm undecided)
4. Noein
5. Project A-ko
6. Saint Seiya
7. TTGL
8. Bastard!!
9. JJBA
10. Ah! My Goddess
 
Digimon would be on the list but Zeed is only in the games so it's technically not anime.
Post by Dream (8,127 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Moderator
Take a crack at a list based on what I've seen from anime/ manga thus far:
 
1. Tenchi Muyo! (of course!)
2. Bokurano- The loser of the mecha battles organized by the higher beings will have their parallel reality destroyed.
3. Noein 
4. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 
5. Transformers (Primus and Unicron)
6. Slayers (Lord of Nightmares)
7. Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
8. FLCL
9. Berserk (Special thanks to the Idea of Evil and the God Hand)
10. Dragon Ball Z/ GT
Post by Kurohige (3,743 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Dream said:
"Take a crack at a list based on what I've seen from anime/ manga thus far:  1. Tenchi Muyo! (of course!)2. Bokurano- The loser of the mecha battles organized by the higher beings will have their parallel reality destroyed. 3. Noein  4. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann  5. Transformers (Primus and Unicron)6. Slayers (Lord of Nightmares)7. Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 8. FLCL 9. Berserk (Special thanks to the Idea of Evil and the God Hand)10. Dragon Ball Z/ GT "

Agreed.
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Despite characters like Unicron and Primus I never would have thought Transformers should be brought into this discussion, then I remembered Violen Jiger.... The freaky demon emperor of destruction that gave me horrible nightmares as a kid... I've gotta say that character is DAMN powerful. 

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,379 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Dream: 

Noein could top second. The series has two multiversal reality warpers and a group of quantum beings called the Dragon Knights that can stop time and are intangible to normal physical and energy attacks.  


I just make that list a top of my head , I wasn't thinking 

Take a crack at a list based on what I've seen from anime/ manga thus far:
 
1. Tenchi Muyo! (of course!)
2. Bokurano- The loser of the mecha battles organized by the higher beings will have their parallel reality destroyed.
3. Noein 
4. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 
5. Transformers (Primus and Unicron)
6. Slayers (Lord of Nightmares)
7. Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
8. FLCL
9. Berserk (Special thanks to the Idea of Evil and the God Hand)
10. Dragon Ball Z/ GT

 
How are Transformers higher then Slayers? 
Slayers have eight god-like beings, that are Universe Busters and Lords Of Nightmares power is way past Unicron and Primus
Post by SSJjanemba (2,407 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Destinyheroknight: transfomers have unicorn he can hold a planet in the palm of his hands
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Nevermind said:
 9. JJBA10. Ah! My Goddess   
So you think the top tier in AMG would not be able to counter the stands Stairway to Heaven and GER?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel