When you grow up are you going to like anime still

Topic started by sergio on July 21, 2010. Last post by KaosAngel 4 years, 4 months ago.
Post by sergio (85 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Because i am going to like it until i die 
Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@sergio said:
"Because i am going to like it until i die  "

same here, im trainning with a priverte toter now im going to be a cartoonest, but if that fails, ill make manga
Post by Dream (8,138 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Depends on whether or not there's anything left to hold up my interest. In recent years, many anime titles have catered more to the otaku fanbase and taking less risk with unconventional and original premises where I have to literally dig around to find anything remotely decent from a season of anime titles.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I'll be sitting In My Gundam rocking chair, covered with a custom lucy blanket and start mumbling to my grandchildren how in my day, Anime Wasn't interactive.
Post by judge (743 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@sergio said:
" Because i am going to like it until i die  "
Post by kashif1 (1,813 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Dream: there is always something good, that will never change
Post by Ace829 (52 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Dream said:
" Depends on whether or not there's anything left to hold up my interest. In recent years, many anime titles have catered more to the otaku fanbase and taking less risk with unconventional and original premises where I have to literally dig around to find anything remotely decent from a season of anime titles. "
This. High School Of The Dead looks like the epitome of what you describe. It's just pure shameless fanservice that will be eaten up because it "haz bewbz and zombiez".
Post by godeater (2,041 posts) See mini bio Level 11
whats wrong with boobies and  fan service ?
@godeater said:
" whats wrong with boobies and  fan service ? "
seconded.
Post by Dream (8,138 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@godeater:  Too many new titles with those two, moe, dating sim knockoffs and romantic comedies alienates new fans when otaku ogle mindlessly to it.
Post by godeater (2,041 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Dream:
I Ilike my fan  service and  my classics,
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Not sure to be honest.  I will probably like anime forever, but still watching anime might be a different story.  Only time will tell.
Post by BloodRaven (34 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I'm 24 now and still love anime so as long as it's around i'll be there.
Post by CapeBarnes (505 posts) See mini bio Level 18
I'll try to take anime with me to the grave. Now to think of a custom coffin. Hmmmm....
Post by sickVisionz (4,309 posts) See mini bio Level 24
27 and still like video games and anime.  I can't imagine what it will take to make me not like them anymore.  Well if I married Kim Kardashian and she said we could have wild freak slut sex with her and her friends whenever I wanted as long as didn't play video games or watch anime, I'd probably put them down then... but that's not realistic.
Post by sinxism (348 posts) See mini bio Level 9
im starting my life very soon. probably i'll read some manga.
@sinxism said:
" im starting my life very soon. probably i'll read some manga. "
? please explain this sentence, unless your parents haven't conceived you i would assume your life has already started.
Post by ImperiousRix (15 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I'm essentially a "grown up" right now, albeit with very few responsibilities, and I've only STARTED my anime-watching life.  I would hate for it to end shortly after it began.
Post by sinxism (348 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@rein:
i mean i want to lived on my own.  not with my parents. 

Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Ace829 said:

"This. High School Of The Dead looks like the epitome of what you describe. It's just pure shameless fanservice that will be eaten up because it "haz bewbz and zombiez". "

Shameless Fanservice? Rediculous sized bewbs and lots of panty shots yes.  
But tthe plot itself, although something not  new, is basically what happens to people pushed to the breaking point. Panic, destruction and society crumbling as we know it. I'd hardly call it just bewbs and zombies.

It gets props for having Bush still the President in the Manga, only a world ending zombie plague could happen under his watch. :P

@rein said:
" @godeater said:
" whats wrong with boobies and  fan service ? "
seconded. "
I'll third that, both got me into some nice anime titles. 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel