what's wrong with giant bomb mods? pissed off

Topic started by Killer_of_trolls on Sept. 15, 2011. Last post by ShadowKnight508 2 years, 10 months ago.
Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

all I did was make a thread about AVGN, and they ban me with out telling me why, NO WARNING, NO E-MAIL, NO NOTHING...! and it was my first and only post there!

I made that same thread on CV an AV, and user were contributing normally including some mods, but for some reason I was banned from there unlike all the other WM forum sites.

aren't you supposed to get 3 warnings before a temporary ban, atleast that's what Kelleth told me.

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

They hated your name so much that they banned you? I hope it was temporary...

Also, they seem to have something against AVGN/something in their rules against him/similar people which IMO you should have checked first. I think they thought you were spamming/were a fanboy considering your very first post on the forum was that.

Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18

They are assholes through and through... no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:

They are assholes through and through... no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

this is most likely the reason.
these people have to be fired as soon as possible, I don't  remember any the mods of the other WM sites acting this way. very unprofessional
Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10

What you posted is considered youtube spam. Also yes, your user name was also inappropriate. PsEG made that pretty clear in his post in your thread before he locked it.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/are-you-an-avgn-fan-if-not-you-should-be/514086/?page=2

Remember, even basic profanities in thread titles are against the rules there. Be more aware of these things before making complaint threads like this.

@Turambar: I'm calling bullshit on you AND the mods of GB for that. Messages have already been sent.

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: Bullshit on what, that profanities are against the tos there? Trust me, it's been that way for awhile now.

@Turambar: that won't make sinse, almost every knew game today has sexual content and they review all latest games. 
and despite that nobody ever had any problems with my username before... well except the matter that I spelled it wrong cause I was still learing english back then, but that's not the point.
and it doesn't matter what you say, they still are not obeying the rules that other whiskey media mods follow that I mentioned before, including the threee warnings rule.
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

We saw your profile and find your user name obscene and feel you should change it. Please check your PMs.

@Rapest_of_super_heros said:

@Turambar: that won't make sinse, almost every knew game today has sexual content and they review all latest games. and despite that nobody ever had any problems with my username before... well except the matter that I spelled it wrong cause I was still learing english back then, but that's not the point. and it doesn't matter what you say, they still are not obeying the rules that other whiskey media mods follow that I mentioned before, including the threee warnings rule.

Whether a rule makes sense to you or not is quite separate from whether you need to follow it or not if you want to post on a forum where said rule governs. I may not agree with the whole profanity thing because of the inconsistencies that you just mentioned, but the TOS is something I agree to to post there. Also the question should be asked whether WM has the same rule across all its sites or if the rules are different. And if it is the same, and since these rules have had staff confirmation in existing on GB iirc, why it is not being enforced on AV as well.

@ZombiePie: Joke's on you. Check your GB inbox.

Someone didn't read Rule #1 of the Giant Bomb Forums.

@ZombiePie said:

Someone didn't read Rule #1 of the Giant Bomb Forums.

Someone also wasn't doing their job as a mod and is quite frankly being pointed to his fallacies in doing so.

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: you are right he sent that pm 15 min ago.

@ZombiePie: to answer your quistion yes I do have a multi-pass.

and that rule is stupid, how is my user name too inapropraite for all ages, when there was posibaly a 10 year old watching GB reviews of kratos humping too women, or an 8 year old stearing at lesbian scenes of blood rain. who are you kidding that rule is BS.

@Rapest_of_super_heros: We don't ask that you like the rules just that you obey them. If you do not feel you need to change your username then you will not be able to post on Giant Bomb. Your username was reported by a female user as offensive and we agree. As you have a multipass I will contact the appropriate staff to make a username change possible.

@Rapest_of_super_heros: And to better wrap it all up- you were lumped in with the other Spam-bots for your YouTube post. Nothing about your name was mentioned.

@ZombiePie: Don't jump to conclusions about his name.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,696 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Rapest_of_super_heros: Since you didn't try to give greater detail into what the video was about, the Opening Post counted as Youtube Spam. Plus, since your username was reported as offensive, it was why the GB Mods tempo-banned you in order to have your username changed by one of the Staffers.

@Turambar said:

...And if it is the same, and since these rules have had staff confirmation in existing on GB iirc, why it is not being enforced on AV as well?

I'm also wondering why CV also let his name slide. I don't think it was reported over there either.

@ZombiePie: By my knowledge, only one of the Staffers are able to change usernames. Did you read about any of the other staffers that learned how to change usernames?

@Bigheart711: All staff can now.

@Rapest_of_super_heros: Ethan has found that your username makes him uncomfortable and wishes for you to change it across ALL SITES. Please await a PM from him.

Post by GunslingerPanda (14 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@ZombiePie said:

@Bigheart711: All staff can now.

@Rapest_of_super_heros: Ethan has found that your username makes him uncomfortable and wishes for you to change it across ALL SITES. Please await a PM from him.

LOL, I love that this has gone all the way to Ethan.

I'm not saying I disagree with it, coz I don't. This guys obviously a jerk.

Post by killermike (321 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Another one of these threads?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel