What's The One Thing That Keeps You Going ?

Topic started by Fire Star on March 3, 2011. Last post by taichokage 9 months, 4 weeks ago.
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

When you are really tired, like its 2:00 p.m. in the office, and your so tired, and have absolutely no motivation to work, what gives you the energy or motivation needed to keep you going ? A cup of coffee, a good joke, thinking about your family, calling your spouse, lets share some of our "motivations" of the day.  

For me, it's probably a good joke. Usually, that puts me in a good mood, which gives me a little spurt of energy to run on, atleast, until I run out :P
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

breaks lol
@Haofan123 said:
"breaks lol "

Thats a good one. Haha.
Post by sickVisionz (4,241 posts) See mini bio Level 24
My motivation for working is money.  I get paid 100% off of contract work of video editing and teaching music lessons.  I can't sit in an office and goof around and still get a check.  If I cancel a lesson, I have to refund parents their money or give them a credit for the next month.  For video editing, if I stop working that means I can't turn in an invoice, which means I can't get paid.

When I was in jobs that paid me by the hour, my motivation was actually ethics.  I feel bad if there's work to be done, I'm hired and paid solely to do said work and I'm not doing it.
@sickVisionz said:
"My motivation for working is money.  I get paid 100% off of contract work of video editing and teaching music lessons.  I can't sit in an office and goof around and still get a check.  If I cancel a lesson, I have to refund parents their money or give them a credit for the next month.  For video editing, if I stop working that means I can't turn in an invoice, which means I can't get paid.  When I was in jobs that paid me by the hour, my motivation was actually ethics.  I feel bad if there's work to be done, I'm hired and paid solely to do said work and I'm not doing it. "

That sounds a little serious. What type of music do you teach ?
Post by Bigheart711 (3,706 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I either take a snack break, or read some comics or manga at such a time.
*Edited for spelling*
@Bigheart711 said:
"I either take a snack break, or read some comics or manga at such a time.
*Edited for spelling* "

Yes. I do that as well.
Post by TheGoldenOne (330 posts) See mini bio Level 12
My Girlfriend
@thegoldenone said:
"My Girlfriend "

That, is also a good one.
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
this is my biggest problem
apparently I can only be motivated by fear, which is the worst possible type of motivation 
Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14
my motivation comes with me saying in  my head, "i cant do it, just dont fuck up and i can do anything i set my mind to"!
Post by Feral_Nova (1,863 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I work graveyard shift (as some of you know) 9pm-7am, so I usually get sleepy when 3am hits. What keeps me going is just talking to my doctor. We joke a lot with each other. Then of course the occasional patient’s that are brought in who are in serious condition (like active heart attacks and strokes). Not to mention the two lovely nurses that constantly harass me keep me up too lol.
Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,030 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Thoughts of the future and those who support me.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,509 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Nothing.

Post by Dahlia_Magenta (814 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I've always had the no retreat no surrender attitude. A tough philosophy, but it gets me through.
Post by P3IN (330 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Usually going to the bathroom, and a cup of coffee and some nice chat and jokes

Post by taichokage (12,681 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Coffee keeps me running but it doesn't motivate me. I don't know really. When people say take your frustration or anger and use it to keep going, I always felt it was silly because it's anger and frustration that make me want to stop. However more recently I've found that I sometimes do do that without realizing it.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel