whats the first 5 animes you have seen

Topic started by zakman55719 on March 2, 2011. Last post by UltimateHero0406 1 year, 2 months ago.
Post by zakman55719 (121 posts) See mini bio Level 9
  there is no order lol its bin so long i cant remember

Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11

dbz, pokemon, digimon, and sailor moon when i was a kid. then recently watched naruto so those would be my 5
Post by DreamWeaver (782 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Ai No Kusabi, Bleach, Naruto. I'm ashamed of the last two. XD
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,158 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I can only remember three of them 
  1. Ranma 1/2 
  2. Dragon Ball  
  3. Sailor Moon 
Post by YouFinished (1,027 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Whatever came on Toonami.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

dbz
magic knight rayearth
escaflowne
kenshin
digimon 
pokemon 
yuyuhakusho
slayers 
zenki
sailor moon
Post by sickVisionz (4,221 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I saw all of these before I was even aware of what anime was and I saw most of them at an age where I wasn't even aware that cartoons weren't real: Transformers, Voltron, Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs, Samurai Pizza Cats & Teknoman.
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
1.The Adventures of Maya the Bee   
2. Voltron
3. Transformers
4. 5.  ( in the same time) dragon ball, pokemon
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,320 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Beybalde 
Digimon 
Pokemon 
Yu-gi-oh  
SPider Riders
Post by sickVisionz (4,221 posts) See mini bio Level 24
@Mortein said:
" 1.The Adventures of Maya the Bee"
I know a Japanese studio did the animation, but wasn't this a case where all of the concepts, ideas, dialog and stories were made by outsiders?
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@sickVisionz said:
" @Mortein said:
I know a Japanese studio did the animation, but wasn't this a case where all of the concepts, ideas, dialog and stories were made by outsiders? "
I really don't know. Someone told me it is an anime, so I included it into my list. 
Post by Mechanical_Ape (84 posts) See mini bio Level 8
From what I can remember, my earlier exposures to anime were Ronin Warriors, Samurai Pizza Cats, Green Legend Ran, Macross Plus, and Iria: Zeiram the Animation. With the exception of Ronin Warriors, I barely remember anything about the others. Someday I need to go back and watch them again.
Post by zakman55719 (121 posts) See mini bio Level 9
good to no that this thred is still up and running
Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19
As far as i can remember at least the first 3 were future boy conan, Heidi and  dragon ball, later saw as a kid doraemon or  dr. slump and arale-chan
 There are shows that i remember seeing some episodes and found out later that they were "partially" anime because of co-production, being the cases of 
Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, alfred j, quack, willy fog, tom sawyer and hucklberry finn or alice in wonderland.
Post by Aetheldod (24 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Oh boy I going extreme old school here ... lets see if I can remember:

Remi
Jeidi
Candy Candy
Future boy Conan
Voltron
Mazinger Z
Post by Sonata (35,106 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Mortein: Cool Maya the Bee was one of my firsts as well. 

@sickVisionz said:

" @Mortein said:

I know a Japanese studio did the animation, but wasn't this a case where all of the concepts, ideas, dialog and stories were made by outsiders? "
The original story was made in Europe(I think Germany) in the early 1900's, but the animated series we all are familiar with was made in  70's Japan. Its kinda like how The Matrix, and now The X-Men are being adapted. So its technically Anime:P
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
To the best of my recollection: 
  1. Battle of the Planets (aka Science Ninja Team Gatchaman)
  2. Speed Racer
  3. Robotech (SDF Macross)
  4. Project A-ko
  5. Bubblegum Crisis

Anything after Robotech/Macross is a bit of a blur since that's when I became serious about anime and saw a lot of different shows in a short period of time.  Before that, it was just the stuff on TV (Sandy Frank & Harmony Gold).  

@Mechanical_Ape:   I don't think you need to go back and rewatch Samurai Pizza Cats.  Really, you don't want to do that.  
Post by ssjsuperman (1,661 posts) See mini bio Level 10
speed racer 
voltron  
dbz 
digimon  
transformers 
Post by Mechanical_Ape (84 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@PenguinDust:  I had forgotten how bad the intro to that show was. I wouldn't mind seeing the original Japanese version of the show since I've never seen it before. I've heard it was quite different from the American version. As with most shows Saban brought to America, they pretty much did whatever they wanted with the original material.
Post by mydeathlyways (2,389 posts) See mini bio Level 10
DBZ  
Pokemon 
Naruto  
Inuyuasha  
Saint Seiya 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel