What's Going Through you Mind Right Now?

Topic started by Atsuma_Akubara on Dec. 5, 2008. Last post by Sonata 4 hours, 59 minutes ago.
Post by taichokage (17,182 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now

@GeneralVan: You finally got onto the KHR train? Well I can't take credit for convincing you on that one unfortunately.

The order I viewed the power 6 in was Bleach, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, D.Gray-Man, KHR, and One Piece. It took some time before I was convinced that One Piece was worth a try given the early designs and how comical they looked.

Post by Dream (8,929 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

Gonna be jumping off within the next 30-45 minutes to prep for my job interview tomorrow. Looking into a car enthusiast publication looking for a Classifieds Customer Service Representative.

Online Now

@Dream: Go for it. This time, Rin for good luck instead of Saber.

Post by takashichea (16,001 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Good luck, Dream!
Good luck, Dream!
Post by GeneralVan (2,877 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@taichokage: Yeah, and I don't want the train to stop! But convincing me to pick up D.Gray-Man and Akame ga Kill! was great and I thank you for that.

The order I viewed them in was One Piece (4Kids, the English opening was so bad it was awesome, don't judge me), Naruto, Bleach, KHR, Hunter x Hunter, and D.Gray-Man. I finished all of them except for One Piece. I tried to get into One Piece, but for me, it's a "watch it here and there" type of show for me. It's awesome, but it's not something that I can follow like the other 5. Nevertheless, I would recommend it to anyone looking for action. I skipped the filler of all of them (save for KHR because the filler actually ties a few knots) ever since the Bount Arc in Bleach nearly made me bash my head into the wall.

But man do I love me some KHR. If I had to rank the Power 6 in order of enjoyment it would be KHR > Hunter x Hunter > Naruto > Bleach > D.Gray-Man > One Piece. I actually think Hunter x Hunter is a tiny bit more well done than KHR, but I put KHR ahead of Hunter x Hunter because it is more kid-friendly and it really makes me feel like a kid seeing anime for the first time again, which I really like.

But honestly, I don't think any other manga is replacing the Power 6. THESE are the manga/anime of the generation after the DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc. generation.

Online Now

@GeneralVan: I agree. The best of their time at what they were supposed to do.I exclude Toriko because it's too young imo to fit in.

One Piece 1997

HxH 1998

Naruto 1999

Bleach 2001

KHR 2004

D.Gray Man 2004

Toriko 2008

Fun fact. Did you know that KHR and DGM released their first chapters only 1 week apart?

Post by reiyo (1,246 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Wondering what should I really use: Durarara!! or Dulalala!!.

Post by GeneralVan (2,877 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@taichokage: oh wow lol talk about being the new kids on the block. But imo Toriko is going to become the next DBZ (if Toei DOESN'T screw it up the next time it animates it, if that happens). Maybe not as epic, but something along those lines.

@reiyo: Durarara!! Dulalala!! is just stupid.

Post by Sonata (36,236 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now

Well since I an stuck at home today might as well clean up.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel