What's Going Through you Mind Right Now?

Topic started by Atsuma_Akubara on Dec. 5, 2008. Last post by Supreme Marvel 1 hour, 18 minutes ago.
Post by ComicMan24 (8,759 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Aleasha: I know, right? lol

Post by Fat_Magnum (2,493 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@ComicMan24: If by 'argument' you mean 'make out session'.

Lol, but in my case I generally don't mind discussing these kind of things with people. Not threatening to me, especially online. Most people in person don;t like to talk with me like this. My guess is cuz I'm dispassionate about such topics and if they come at me with some kind of emotionally charged rhetoric it appears (and usually is) paper thin and easily torn apart. They just should realize I'm criticizing their argument, not them. ^.^

@Fat_Magnum: "Make out session'?

Well I don't mind either tbh but these topics rarely interest me, for example religion and politics are something that I couldn't be any less interested in. So even if other people start to passionately defend those, I just don't care enough about these to participate other than just a comment.

Post by Aleasha (1,430 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Fat_Magnum: LOL I try my best not to criticize someone else's argument unless its just such pure bull to ignore it would be an affront to my intelligence I general accept everyone's opinions and thoughts as that's what they are theirs and once I walk away from the conversation will no longer have any impact on my thoughts and feelings on the subject but to be able to debate and talk out different view points can also enlighten you for the better or worse its still worth it.

Edit:

I should say that I avoid the hot button topics with volatile people as I don't want to have the urge to hit someone.

At least those episodes work there.

I don't mind talking about these things if the people I am talking to are calm and can present their argument without yelling or name calling etc but that rarely happens online from what I have seen.

@Aleasha: I can only accept them if they make logical sense to me. If they don't I usually either show the person how they can change their wording/presentation of the argument in order for it to make sense or be a dick and try to make them look stupid (again by going after the argument, no ad hominem here) until they back down. In the case of someone like... say my Dad, this process can take 1 hour+ -.-

@Aleasha said:

I should say that I avoid the hot button topics with volatile people as I don't want to have the urge to hit someone.

Oh those are the fun ones, they can be reduced to the behavior of a child relatively easily, ^.^

@Fat_Magnum: LOL which is why I avoid them if I wanted child like behavior I will go pick up one or more of my nieces and nephews lol =p

@Fat_Magnum said:

@Aleasha said:

Oh those are the fun ones, they can be reduced to the behavior of a child relatively easily, ^.^

The things that entertain you lol

Although tbh if the right people are involved, they so can.

@Aleasha: Hehe, I derive a kind of sick satisfaction in embarrassing those who would try so vehemently to convince me of idiocy. I like to make it clear to them that they and I will not be friends while not doing anything mean or immoral. :P

Why am I watching cooking shows? They are only making me more hungry.

@Fat_Magnum: I call it like I see it but I keep my opinion to myself unless asked for the most part unless I feel the waste of breath is

necessary.

@ComicMan24 said:

Why am I watching cooking shows? They are only making me more hungry.

And someone is doing his best and accomplished to step out of any thought of serious topics lol

@ComicMan24 said:

@Fat_Magnum said:

@Aleasha said:

If I were a fantasy character, it would probably be some kind of evil necromancer or something. Lol I have been called "evil" or "pure evil" on more than one occasion growing up. <- Those are usually the cases when I just decided I didn't like someone for something they did to me and proceeded to verbally demean and criticize like a giant PRICK!(I don't like acting that way anymore) One instance: I got the nickname 'Polyphemus' to stick to a guy who was blind in one eye cuz the other had been shot with a pellet gun by his cousin. My guess is, in this case, I felt he was a rival because he originally landed the starting spot on our team for the position we both played in american football.

Insult to injury I guess, since I soon took that spot form him too. Cool story and everything, but I gotta shower now.

@Aleasha: Me and serious topics just don't go well together lol

@ComicMan24: LOL I noticed

I also must leave for a bit I have to go shower and get ready as friends will be over in a bit but ill BBL.........o/

@Fat_Magnum said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@Fat_Magnum said:

@Aleasha said:

If I were a fantasy character, it would probably be some kind of evil necromancer or something. Lol I have been called "evil" or "pure evil" on more than one occasion growing up. <- Those are usually the cases when I just decided I didn't like someone for something they did to me and proceeded to verbally demean and criticize like a giant PRICK!(I don't like acting that way anymore) One instance: I got the nickname 'Polyphemus' to stick to a guy who was blind in one eye cuz the other had been shot with a pellet gun by his cousin. My guess is, in this case, I felt he was a rival because he originally landed the starting spot on our team for the position we both played in american football.

Insult to injury I guess, since I soon took that spot form him too. Cool story and everything, but I gotta shower now.

lol You must have been a devil when you were a kid.

And if anything I do give you credit for being original with your nicknames lol Most would have called him just Cyclops or One-Eye.

See ya.

@Aleasha: Yup, I admit it lol

See ya :)

Mmmm maximum heat shower. Feels great.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel