What's Going Through you Mind Right Now?

Topic started by Atsuma_Akubara on Dec. 5, 2008. Last post by Bigheart711 7 hours, 22 minutes ago.
Post by ComicMan24 (8,759 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Fat_Magnum said:

@ComicMan24 said:

lol I really laugh when I see things like this. Can't believe how serious some people take the internet.

Yeah, of course I don't help matters by further antagonizing those who do this. "Do it, c'mon I'll never see it coming. You'll definitely kill me and there won't be anything I can do."

I mean... aside from Texas, I probably live in the most gun worshiping state in the US. It would be a bad idea to start throwing those kind of threats around here.

Yeah, I do that too sometimes. Not really that helpful lol

Yeah, you better avoid doing that.

Post by Fat_Magnum (2,493 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@ComicMan24: Hehe, yeah people here, and I'm friends with a good number of these types, wouldn't really think twice about putting a few bullets in you if you trespass during the wrong hours or look to be on the attack.

(ITS KIND OF FRIGHTENING)

@Fat_Magnum said:

@ComicMan24: Hehe, yeah people here, and I'm friends with a good number of these types, wouldn't really think twice about putting a few bullets in you if you trespass during the wrong hours or look to be on the attack.

Not just them. These days you can never be too careful about your property. Can't say I blame them. Up to a point of course.

@ComicMan24: Yeah, thankfully the ones I've met who do own guns and gun collections(legally that is) also tend to be the most responsible in their use and maintenance.

@Fat_Magnum said:

@ComicMan24: Yeah, thankfully the ones I've met who do own guns and gun collections(legally that is) also tend to be the most responsible in their use and maintenance.

Good. Because a lot of the time, people who have guns , let's just say that they shouldn't.

Highschool of the Dead 2, huh? Don't know if I would watch that.

Professor: " 'Guns are dangerous' isn't really an arguable point, someone would need to be more specific in trying to say why they aren't or are dangerous."

Me thinking while writing memorized lyrics and quotes in order to look like I'm taking notes: It can't be argued that they aren't dangerous. They're weapons, of course they're dangerous. They are made for killing stuff, you know, like every weapon ever. Anyone who would try to base any kind of argument on this idea is an idiot. This professor is an idiot.

Random but it was going through my head...

@ComicMan24 said:

a lot of the time

That's a very debatable piece of text, but I won't. :P

Guns are dangerous. That's why not all people are fit to have one.

@Fat_Magnum said:

@ComicMan24 said:

a lot of the time

That's a very debatable piece of text, but I won't. :P

Debatable in what way?

@ComicMan24: Well my thought was: If by 'a lot of the time' you mean in the cases of publicized shootings then sure, that's essentially ubiquitous. But if considering how many people own guns and carry them and then contrasting with the number of shooters who do some kind of stupid shit, the ratio could hardly be called 'a lot of the time'. But I'll say any number of such incidences, even if it's only one, is one too many.

Post by Aleasha (1,430 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@ComicMan24: Guns themselves are not dangerous its all about who's hands they are in and who is responsible or not responsible for keeping them put up. But that's my opinion I don't fear a gun behind a case or in a gun cabinet I do fear a gun in a stupid persons hand.

@Fat_Magnum said:

@ComicMan24: Well my thought was: If by 'a lot of the time' you mean in the cases of publicized shootings then sure, that's essentially ubiquitous. But if considering how many people own guns and carry them and then contrasting with the number of shooters who do some kind of stupid shit, the ratio could hardly be called 'a lot of the time'. But I'll say any number of such incidences, even if it's only one, is one too many.

Valid point but yeah stupid thing is not just start shooting with it but it is also when people not maintain them properly or not secure them etc.

@Aleasha said:

@ComicMan24: Guns themselves are not dangerous

So... a hand grenade is not dangerous? A tank isn't dangerous? A gun isn't dangerous? I'd say something designed for the sole purpose of destruction is probably inherently dangerous. I agree with you, however, in saying that the object by itself can never do anything dangerous until acted upon by a person with malicious intentions.

@Aleasha said:

@ComicMan24: Guns themselves are not dangerous its all about who's hands they are in and who is responsible or not responsible for keeping them put up. But that's my opinion I don't fear a gun behind a case or in a gun cabinet I do fear a gun in a stupid persons hand.

Have heard that argument but personally I kinda disagree with it. Sure people are to blame mostly but a crazy person with a knife isn't going to do the same damage a crazy person holding a gun can do.

@Fat_Magnum: Not dangerous tell operated with a humans intentions. I didn't say it was never dangerous as the situation changes ie human involvement they become dangerous.

But I get your view as well as they are created for destruction.

This got way too more serious for me. And I tend to avoid serious things like a vampire avoids sunlight lol

@ComicMan24: lol no worries I actually enjoy different opinions as they help at you look at things with a rounder view so no worries serious but not to serious lol =p

edit:

@ComicMan24 said:

Sure people are to blame mostly but a crazy person with a knife isn't going to do the same damage a crazy person holding a gun can do.

I believe this as well but bad people will attain bad things to complete their goals regardless of any safe guards you can only make it harder not impossible

@Aleasha: I avoid talking about these things because from what I have seen, they almost always end up in heated arguments.

@ComicMan24: Yeah I know people like that I know some people it doesn't matter if its what color blue the sky is and it will turn into an argument lol

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel