What's Going Through you Mind Right Now?

Topic started by Atsuma_Akubara on Dec. 5, 2008. Last post by Supreme Marvel 1 day, 3 hours ago.
Post by Supreme Marvel (5,138 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Arnoboy: Don't worry, I wasn't comparing La Masia to Arsenal's Youth Team. I just mean they try to bring players through the youth academy. Barcelona are an easy example of that. Madrid to produce some good players and a few great players Casillas, Raul and Mata the fact they constantly buy world class players over raising their own puts me off Real. I'd have Mata above Di Maria, Modric and Callejon any time of the day. They need to show faith in these players.

I enjoy the tika-taka especially when it's done well. Arsenal don't really do it. They just pass the ball around, while Barcelona have a lot more one-twos and it looks much more attractive to watch. It's a great model to base off. I can hardly hate them for basing their style on it. Now, Liverpool are trying to adopt that which is great for me because I've been watching Barcelona since Overmars went there. I loved him at Arsenal. I cant blame Liverpool for adopting the style of play from the best footballing team in history. It'll take us years to get there, but I like the fact that we are trying. You only need to watch when Barcelona beat United 3-1 or 2-0 in the Champions League Final or even when United were knocked out by Bilbao. They passed it around them all day and it was beautiful to watch.

Also, Spain in the Euro. They hadn't played that well until they reached the final and they kicked into gear. There was a moment in their own half, right of the goalkeeper area when they were under pressure from Italy. They simple passed it around them to get out of trouble. That was one of the best footballing things I've seen. The fact they didn't start with a striker was also crazy but it worked.

I don't believe Wenger should change, I think yes, he can be stubborn but so were Barcelona against Chelsea. They didn't change their style they just kept finding away though. Although they didn't I respect them for stick to it. Didn't help that Chelsea defended with 10 men on the goal line half the time.

Loyalty is like a relationship. You stick with the team through thick and thin. If Liverpool never won a trophy in all my life time. I would never support another club more than them. I love them completely and nothing will change that. That to me is loyalty.

It's possible for Wilshere to go, however he has said he hopes one day to do what Gerrard has done for Liverpool for Arsenal. If he truly means that, I can see him staying for a long time.

@ComicMan24 said:

Have mixed feelings about the Fringe finale. There were some things that I like but could be done differently.

What happened. Because am not going to watch it.

Post by ComicMan24 (8,759 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Supreme Marvel said:

@ComicMan24 said:

Have mixed feelings about the Fringe finale. There were some things that I like but could be done differently.

I am going to use spoilers though because others here might haven't watched it yet.

Do you remember that Observer child they find in Season 1? It turns out this kid was actually September's son and with the use of the time machine and that child, they managed to reset the timeline so that the Observers never invaded the present (maybe they don;'t even exist now) but Walter sacrificed himself to do so.

@ComicMan24 said:

I always thought of football as a rather boring sport. I don't really remember seeing many matches that I liked. One of the few that I did like, was in the 2004 Euro. England vs Portugal IIRC. Now that was an exciting match.

You live in a country where football is not that good. So I can understand you finding it that way. I can see you're not a passionate person so you wouldn't understand.

@ComicMan24 said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

@ComicMan24 said:

I am going to use spoilers though because others here might haven't watched it yet.

Do you remember that Observer child they find in Season 1? It turns out this kid was actually September's son and with the use of the time machine and that child, they managed to reset the timeline so that the Observers never invaded the present (maybe they don;'t even exist now) but Walter sacrificed himself to do so.

So...

What happened with Peter and Olivia?

@Supreme Marvel said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

@ComicMan24 said:

So...

What happened with Peter and Olivia?
Well in the brief scene that was shown after the reset, they were in the park like they were when the invasion happened, only that this time it didn't because of the reset. Then they return home and Peter found a letter his father had sent him containing that white tulip drawing.

@Supreme Marvel said:

@ComicMan24 said:

I always thought of football as a rather boring sport. I don't really remember seeing many matches that I liked. One of the few that I did like, was in the 2004 Euro. England vs Portugal IIRC. Now that was an exciting match.

You live in a country where football is not that good. So I can understand you finding it that way. I can see you're not a passionate person so you wouldn't understand.

I do have to agree that football here, has really gone downhill these past few years. But even before that, I was never really a big fan of it. I mean I would watch critical matches and all but that's it. I always liked sports like volley and basketball more.

And I am not a passionate person? Yeah....

Don't try to understand women. Women understand women and they hate each other.

They hate mutants because they are different but at the same time, they adore superheroes, some of them anyway. But how do they are not mutants too? I mean, sure we the readers know of their origins but the general public in the MU doesn't. Why don't they assume that those heroes are mutants too?

It is going rather fast so far. Although I am getting the feeling that it is not going to work...

Post by MrDirector786 (4,504 posts) See mini bio Level 17

When I see you guys say football, this is what keeps coming to my mind.

Well, you are American after all. You guys over there sure have messed up with things ;P

Finished Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Gonna to carry on with EU: Astral Ocean. Least am only half way through it.

Post by MrDirector786 (4,504 posts) See mini bio Level 17

No. YOU messed things up, Athenian!

Did you like Gurren Lagann?

And can't say that I liked AO that much.

Like with feet, inches etc. Only you and a few other countries use them.

@ComicMan24 said:

I enjoyed it. A lot of flashyness. Which is good for me. An ending I wasn't expecting.

I began to get bored of it half way through. I didn't keep me wanting more like E7 did.

I've got a few others on my list to watch.

• Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko (Enjoyed the first episode)
  • Ao no Exorcist (watched and enjoyed the first episode)
  • Mirai Nikki (although I don't know much about it)
  • Trying to get into Hellsing also.

They're among other animé I am watching to.

Post by Aleasha (1,430 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Supreme Marvel said:

I really liked Ao no Exorcist but havn't seen the others myself yet

@Supreme Marvel said:

@ComicMan24 said:

I enjoyed it. A lot of flashyness. Which is good for me. An ending I wasn't expecting.

I began to get bored of it half way through. I didn't keep me wanting more like E7 did.

I can definitely agree that it was quite flashy but that was definitely part of its charm. And yeah, wasn't expecting that ending either.

It was quite meh. Some episodes were good but most of them were mediocre. Not to mention that it was kinda of a mess, like the writers didn't know what to do next. Also not one of Bones' finest works. Sure there were episodes were the animation was great but in many episodes it was quite average and not even good on occasion.

No idea which is the first one but I liked the other three.

Really need to check Avatar at some point. From the few episodes I have seen in reruns so far, seems rather good. And I have a feeling I am going to like more than Korra.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel