What your favorite kind of art style?

Topic started by UltimateHero0406 on June 3, 2013. Last post by Kobra678 9 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,028 posts) See mini bio Level 16

So there are a lot of different character drawing styles in anime and manga. Which one do you guys like the most?

Like Akira Toriyama's DB style art that we know and love. Or are you a fan of something more cartoony like Dr. Slump the best?

There's the more modern, sleek, and streamlined style like in Bleach and Persona 4 more realistic like in Death Note, the sort of slightly more simple style seen in Soul Eater, Blue Excorcist, and Kekkaishi.

The more classic style seen in older anime like Yuyu Hakusho or there's the more vivid and erratic style of series like One Piece and Toriko.

There's also the more average style seen in most common anime or like in Naruto or one that I like to call "brolic and sexy" where all the guys are jacked and all the women are supermodels like in Needless.

Or do you just like Moe style?

Personally, I like the more modern style like in Bleach and classic YYH style the best.

Post by Sonata (35,159 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I like a good sleek gothic tone like Death Note, I like how Attack on Titan is animated as well. The Style of Samurai Girls is also appealing to me. 

Manga wise I love the style of Berserk and Shigurui Death Frenzy. 

Post by DBZ_universe (15,435 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I really like the cartoony anime style.

Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14

i got a few like the one from SAO and strike witches, and like 4 others

Post by phantomrant (1,288 posts) See mini bio Level 10

> DBZ artwork

> Yusuke Murata's artwork (Onepunch-Man)

> Hagiwara's artwork

> Araki's artwork, particularly for the earlier parts

> Bleach style artwork

Post by DBZ_universe (15,435 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Yellow Tanabe's art work on Kekkaishi.

Post by sickVisionz (4,233 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I don't really have a favorite. If I had to say something, it would whatever style doesn't look like the typical generic art style you see in most anime. I think animation style/quality is significantly more important though. I'd rather something be well animated but generic looking rather than badly animated but a really awesome art style. If it all turns to crap once characters start moving, what's the point? It might as well as be manga if it's only good looking in still shots.

Post by P3IN (330 posts) See mini bio Level 8

The art style I like is mostly funny facial reactions like one piece, bleach, trigun etc..

If we're talking about modernism, then it has to he bleach, death note, demonbane, naruto and some to name, I also like old school art style like, tenchi Muyu, genocyber, yu yu hakoshu, dragon ball and one piece. I usually watch all kinds of animes with different arts and all, and they all seem awesome lol

Post by Kobra678 (2,879 posts) See mini bio Level 14

The AoT style, Death Note, and Devil May Cry anime art style.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,028 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Kobra678: Yeah, I friggin love the AoT art style. It's one of the first things that pulled me in.

Post by AnimeDefender (2,662 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Chibi's>other IMO

Post by Kobra678 (2,879 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Gurren Lagann & Samurai 7

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel