What would you do for your birthday...

Topic started by djsquelch on March 28, 2011. Last post by Supreme Marvel 3 years, 3 months ago.
Post by djsquelch (44 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Just out of curiosity, say it was your birthday and you had a choice of anything you wanted to do for the day. What would you choose to do?

Today is my birthday and I am contemplating my options so I am curious how others might choose to spend their special day.
Feel free to be as creative or bland as you wish...

Happy Birthday to me!
Post by Organicalistic_ (182 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@djsquelch: happy birthday!

I would buy myself something normally out of my price range that I can still technically afford. Whatever it is is up to you!
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Enjoy it with my friends as usual
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@djsquelch: Well Happy B-day to you, ya lucky bastard. 

I'd make my parents sit through either half of "Lucky Star" or the first set of "Gintama".
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I ussually just get drunk with friends, put some meat on a barbecue, then we countine to drink eat and sing. what else can you do? 
HB
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,556 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I was going to invite people to my house, cook some pizza, and make a mini-con with Karaoke, Videogame tournament and Drunk Deathmatch quiz....
Post by Bigheart711 (3,668 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I'd hang out with my friends and enjoy my presents as usual.
@djsquelch: BTW, Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoyed your cake! <3

Post by ronat1 (127 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@djsquelch:  If I COULD do anything I want I would give myself a trip to another country as a present, but since thats not the case I think I would just spend it with my friends as always, with a nice barbecue, a pool to relax and maybe some good movies to finish the day.  
OH!! and Happy Birthday.
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@Kuma_From_Argentina: WAS... what actually happened?
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,556 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto:  Sorry a grammar mistake.... 

I'm going to invite them the 9th of April, I turn 20 the sixth....
Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11
eat a big mac
Post by Guyver (3,405 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Happy Birthday :) 

I'd kick it with the family.
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I never get to do much on my birthday....since we live out in the rural farmlands outside of town and there is not much to do around here. I usually spend the day being lazy and watching anime. If that fails, I get on the PS3 and game away xD

@djsquelch: Oh...almost forgot, Happy Belated B-day xD

Oops....forgot to tell her to move out 0_0
 Oops....forgot to tell her to move out 0_0
Post by sickVisionz (4,221 posts) See mini bio Level 24
@djsquelch: I've always been a loser for stuff like this.  I'd probably just by something.  I've never been good at making events out of stuff.  Even as a kid, my parents would ask me what I wanted for Christmas or my birthday and I'd shrug like, "meh, whatever" and when the day came I rarely had any excitement.  Oh, if you're in school, skip school.  That's the one thing I always wanted to do as a kid but never got to do on my b-day.
Post by djsquelch (44 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Mina-san, domo arigato gozaimasu!  (^o^)

Thank you everyone for indulging me with your various birthday desires and warm wishes. I gained a lot of perspective from your posts.
As a kid, my birthday has always been during the middle of spring break regardless of which school or university I attended. As a consequence I rarely saw my friends during my birthday and people tended to forget and miss it.
My family always tended to make a big production out of things and while that was pretty exciting as a child, I ceased to want it as I grew older for various reasons.
It was interesting to see your suggestions, some of which I did (cake, games, anime, and a little family time) and some of which didn't happen (barbecue, party, friends, etc.), but I liked everyone's ideas nonetheless.
If it weren't so cold, I think I would really like to have a barbecue and it would be nice to have friends like all of you around to share the excitement.

In the end, I stuck around online for the early part of the morning since I had already been up all night and then crashed shortly thereafter. When I woke, I grabbed a bite to eat and enjoyed some anime and manga. My mother made a birthday dinner, complete with cake and a couple prezzies, because no matter how much I tell her "no," she still has to do something to honor the day. I think she does it more for her own benefit than mine these days. On an interesting side note, the candles for the cake actually burned flames that were the same color as the candles themselves. This was kind of neat and more interesting than sparkling candles or candles that relight when blown out. I noticed I had some online recognition from other friends and acquaintances so it wasn't such a bad day after all. Normally my birthday gets me kind of down because I view it as another year gone by and I start to tally what I have and haven't done, which bothers me more than it should. I am trying to give more thought to what I want to do and focus less on the past (if I have already learned from it) and hopefully my future might be a little brighter as a result.

Thanks again...
Post by Supreme Marvel (5,047 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I'd love to go on a holiday with my friends.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel