What was your worst restaurant / dining experience?

Topic started by Bigheart711 on April 12, 2014. Last post by othus12 7 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Bigheart711 (4,216 posts) See mini bio Level 21

A simple question I'll share with everyone here. This is also a due to my more recent foray.

My family scheduled a visit to a barbecue joint for an early celebration of my mom's birthday. On arrival, we got an totally cramped area that we had to move from. Also, the moment that the food showed up, my little sister refused to eat it because she had a bad feeling about it. None of us listened to her and it bit us all somewhere. We ordered a mixed plate that was supposed to include some ribs and instead, we had shredded chicken and pork, some beans (which I told them to exclude) and some potato salad. We couldn't finish anything because they all tasted bad and my mom also found a random hair in her food. When we were leaving after we paid, we were given a bowl of banana pudding and it was the most edible thing out of what we ate. Back at home, my mom tried to doctor the meat with some real barbecue sauce and it turned out too salty to even eat. Thankfully, we got some Subway before we went back home or it would've sucked more Blissey eggs than it already did and those were filled with sadness.

Post by taichokage (15,462 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
My family went to a take out Chinese Restaurant called Lucky House. It turned out to be arguably our most unlucky meal ever. The wait was abnormally long, but that was the least of it. The food was much to greasy and the flavor was the worst I've yet to have in Chinese take out but we forced our way through some of it which was a mistake. The following morning, 3 of us got sick and at least 2 of us puked out last night's meal.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,887 posts) See mini bio Level 17

When I went to this restuarant that had the grossest restroom ever! I say restromm since they only had ONE!!

Post by sickVisionz (4,311 posts) See mini bio Level 24

The worst is when you go into a restaurant and 10 minutes later you haven't even been brought a menu or anything.

Post by takashichea (14,493 posts) See mini bio Level 25

It feels weird reading this thread since I work as a waiter at a family restaurant.

@takashichea said:

It feels weird reading this thread since I work as a waiter at a family restaurant.

Sounds like the restaurant you work at is doing well in the service department. In that case, keep up the good work! :)

In the Fred Meyer deli I bought a sandwich...it had a effin hair IN IT! The manager was so embarrassed lol.

Good thing I did not eat or took a bite from it. I noticed when I was gonna put mustard.

Once I ordered a milk shake and like part of the blender was inside of it.

Post by chibi_cute (15 posts) See mini bio Level 6

I puked at a fast food chain once.

I got food poisoned by this restuarant's food.

@DBZ_universe: Was the restaurant a chain or was it a local one? Also, sorry to hear about that. D:

@Bigheart711: Local. It is a Chinese beffet.

Post by katmic (481 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I usually don't do restaurants. i always prefer buying food and taking it back home to enjoy in the comfort of my home. truth be told i am not much of a restaurant person, probably because i am the least adventurous eater i know. If i go to a restaurant where i don't have to worry about hygiene (another thing that keeps me away from restaurants, thinking about where my plate was before it hit my table) there is rarely anything on the menu i want to eat. It's why my dad hates travelling with me and my brother; he eats everything placed in front of him while i basically pick out what i recognize which is usually fries. I like sticking to the basics. If its a pizza, it better have meat, cheese and nothing else-at least as far as my eyes can see

If i have a problem with restaurants, its the waiting time.

@sickVisionz said:

The worst is when you go into a restaurant and 10 minutes later you haven't even been brought a menu or anything.

My problem is the exact opposite, waiters that bring the menu on time, but then stand there, next to me or behind me, for several minutes, giving me a strange look, like i am on a timer to make my order.

@katmic: At least they're willing to acknowledge that you exist. My cousin has similar eating habits to yours. She doesn't try anything new. She'd go to a Japanese restaurant and order like some chicken nuggets from the kids menu.

@chibi_cute said:

I puked at a fast food chain once.

Haha, I did that at a McDonalds once. It was during the Monopoly thing and I kept winning hashbrowns. I think I had 4 or 5 in a row then I upchucked right in the pickup line.

Post by MikuMikuFan (9 posts) See mini bio Level 6

No particular time but whenever the server is not nice or never around, it really bugs me.

Post by takashichea (14,493 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@sickVisionz: @katmic:

As a waiter myself, I always told my guests to call me when they're ready after giving them the menu. I don't stand behind them because as you mentioned, Katmic, it makes them uncomfortable. I think for them is was their type of training and also, take account into culture.

@Bigheart711:

Sorry for the late reply, I thought I replied to you before. Some of these did happened. We never had food poisoning. Uncle is pretty strict with rules and keeping everything clean. We had problems with food allergies. Some Chinese food has peanuts like the Kung Pao Chicken. We had to fix the menu telling folks we had peanuts as warning and other food allergies. Sometimes, the customers don't ask because we weren't trained to ask customers if they have any food allergies like you would at a pharmacy or a clinic with penicillin allergies. I had that happened to me. Thank god, no one died.

Post by othus12 (8,038 posts) See mini bio Level 13

i once got poisoned at a sushi restaurant.

the place closed two days after.

bad luck othus i guess

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel