WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF A NERD!!??

Topic started by lordhaseo on March 2, 2009. Last post by Nerx 5 years, 8 months ago.
Post by lordhaseo (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 7
EVERONE CALLS ME A NERD A SCHOOL, IM A NERD HOW!?
Post by Morita_Shunsuke (1,029 posts) See mini bio Level 9

There are different definitions of nerd..

A nerd is a person that lives wondering and asking or reading about things instead of actually experience them. They just think knowing is enough, he has some interesting thing when you talk about certain things but most of his dialog you don't really understand, but still the dudes are sometimes worth been around, specially when you have problems in math class..

A cool nerd is the one that is still a nerd but is actually cool, he does things just like anyone else only that is a bit more smart than other people. He parties, he helps you understand itunes (I hate Itunes) fix your computer and jokes around like anyone else! Only difference is that his IQ is incredibly higher than yours and he will probably be rich in the future, the b@stard.. :P

Now the NERD NERD Is the one that lives by the book for the book, eats books, has bottle butt glasses, acne, terrible hair cut, wet his bed, picks his nose and can't see boobies with out his inhaler  :P

I hope this helps you, now. If you're really a nerd, what is your category? XD

Post by Mew (271 posts) See mini bio Level 1
ROFL
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Morita You forgot AVGN and he doesnt like it XD

Post by MoonStorm (360 posts) See mini bio Level 9
this is what dictionary are for:
nerd
also nurd  (nûrd)
n. Slang
1. A foolish, inept, or unattractive person.
2. A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.
Devilly said:
"@Morita You forgot AVGN and he doesnt like it XD

"
forgot about that one :P

MoonStorm said:
"this is what dictionary are for:
nerd
also nurd  (nûrd)
n. Slang
1. A foolish, inept, or unattractive person.
2. A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.
"
That's not quite right I mean I bet any 18 old girl would see Bill Gates as a Hollywood pretty boy :P

Millions makes anyone attractive XD

Besides not all nerd are unattractive, like Puertorican nerd girls, they are rare but the ones around are hot! :D

Post by Sonata (35,628 posts) See mini bio Level 20
lol @ this thread:D
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I've been called a nerd before. I take all these AP (college level) and honors classes in high school. I see nothing wrong with strutting your intelligence around. :P I'm still social-ish~ I like to consider myself just a lazy social person.

But some people equate being a nerd to other things so the definition has been diluted by the masses. Same with the word "dork." From what I know based on my teacher's word, the word dork is supposed to be a whale's... peepee =P But people decide to use it for other stupid insults.

Morita_Shunsuke
said:
"That's not quite right I mean I bet any 18 old girl would see Bill Gates as a Hollywood pretty boy :P
"
She's a GOLD-DIGGER~~~ oh man I hate that song but that's the first thing that popped in my head. Heck, I'd marry someone that rich too. I won't lie. XD
Post by Sonata (35,628 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I miss my days in school they were so fun,and the Pokemon battles were great!!:)
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Sonata said:
"I miss my days in school they were so fun,and the Pokemon battles were great!!:)
"
I was more of a Mario Kart kind of guy myself.
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Yugi-Oh Ftw
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
moar liek yuGAY-oh amirite?
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Aww man I remember playing Pokemon Red on my GBA and trading/battling my fellow Poketards in elementary school =] I miss those days of innocence.
Post by Charmander (3 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Ive always seen it as...

Nerd... very smart and book learning type

Geek... also smart but knows WAYYY to much about movies, comics, anime etc

<----------- GEEK
RedRoses said:
Morita_Shunsuke said:
"That's not quite right I mean I bet any 18 old girl would see Bill Gates as a Hollywood pretty boy :P
"
She's a GOLD-DIGGER~~~ oh man I hate that song but that's the first thing that popped in my head. Heck, I'd marry someone that rich too. I won't lie. XD
"
STILL... You must understand that money makes you attractive!

Is ether straight up the money or her credit is F@#< up :P

Post by Dawnwalker (1,663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
LOL.
Post by Amuck (943 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Ok this is according to me xD So its most likely VERY wrong! :D

Nerds: Super ultra Book/Computer (or anything technical) smarts

Geeks: Super ultra Comics/video games/anime smarts

^_^ there
Charmander said:
"Ive always seen it as...

Nerd... very smart and book learning type

Geek... also smart but knows WAYYY to much about movies, comics, anime etc

<----------- GEEK
"

Amuck said:
"Ok this is according to me xD So its most likely VERY wrong! :D

Nerds: Super ultra Book/Computer (or anything technical) smarts

Geeks: Super ultra Comics/video games/anime smarts

^_^ there
"
Hands Amuck a bottle of water :P

O_o So I'm a geek? Cool GEEK pride!!!!  :P

Although I'm not really that smart O_O Do I need to be smart?

To me 2 + 2 is a real brainteaser :P

Post by Amuck (943 posts) See mini bio Level 9
takes the bottle of water ^_^ Thanks!

and YEAH! GEEK PRIDE! XD

and um... o_O no! :D You dont have to be 'smart' just knowledgeable in the art of anime/comics/video games and stuff! ^^
Post by Dawnwalker (1,663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
My simple definition of nerd/geek (I was gonna make a list of criteria, but why bother xD): You're both smart and dumb at the same time, but you don't realize (or are in denial about) the dumb aspect.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel