what do you think about suicide?

Topic started by SilverGalford on Feb. 5, 2011. Last post by Ashuron 3 years, 1 month ago.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11
any thoughts?
Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11
suicide is wrong, every time some1 gets depressed and wishes to kill them self, they should just watch dragon ball z and all their worries will be gone
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

suicide is wrong, every time some1 gets depressed and wishes to kill them self, they should just watch dragon ball z and all their worries will be gone

your passion is evident. XD 
Post by sickVisionz (4,221 posts) See mini bio Level 24
It's the ultimate weakness unless you... 
  • are about to get slaughtered in the most inhumane way imaginable beyond any shadow of a doubt
  • have some terminal illness that causes you constant and incurable pain

Those are probably rare situations.  People killing themselves because things get "hard" in their life (like getting divorced, dumped or fired) are pretty pathetic imo.  It's hard for me to feel remorse for someone who gives up on themselves and their family to that degree.
Post by Mercy_ (292 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I think it depends on the circumstances. 
Post by ryozakiL (39 posts) See mini bio Level 4
only greedy selfish cowards do it
Post by Adanadhel (124 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Well, I always try to carefully analyse one's situation before jumping to a conclusion. It's true that suicide is an escape as much as secluding yourself completely from the world or believing that revenge will solve something.  

The most important thing when it comes to this reactions is understanding the factors that can lead someone into doing these things. Only by doing this can we try avoiding these unwanted attitudes.  
Saying that someone is a coward after killing him/herself is simple. But if we stop to think, aren't the people close to the suicide responsible, as well? 
To be quite honest if someone pretty close to me killed him/herself I'm sure I'd take some of the blame for not noticing anything nor trying to do anything. I don't think one is fully responsible for one's actions. The same way I think society is responsible for so many crimes happening - not the criminal only, I think the people close to a troubled person, or even the society (take bullying, for example, or Japanese's society pressure when it comes to work) might as well be responsible for overreactions, such as suicide.
Post by Mechanical_Ape (84 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I've been asked that question before, and it seems my ideas are different than the general consensus I usually hear. I think suicide is perfectly all right. I don't believe it is something someone should do as a spur of the moment action. A person should try to find another solution to their problems before seriously considering suicide. But, if a person has truly considered all opportunities, and suicide still seems like the best possible course of action, then I would not have a problem with it. It is a shame, but it is ultimately their choice and I would not blame anyone if they decided they had to do it.
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@ryozakiL said:
" only greedy selfish cowards do it "
i find this attitude disgusting. life can be horrendous sometimes and people get pushed to the brink. if someone takes their own life then they are in a place so dark and empty and painful that all they can think of is ending it. yes the fallout is horrible and the people left behind go through hell but to call the person a coward and sellfish is unfair. they are in hell and not thinking straight and dont even consider what the people left behind will go through.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
It all depends on how you commit this suicide, also the person, also the reason

some i find, justifiable
some i find unfitting
some i found hilarious
some i find wasteful
some i find saddening

Yes i take suicide like everything else
Post by ryozakiL (39 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@Lemegeton300: yeah i no wat your saying and if its any help i feel like a horrible person for typing it considering the day ov just had im feeling very lucky i have some good friends around me
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
honestly, not existing is what frightens me the most. I would rather go to hell then to stop existing, and I am an atheist, so yeah, I am screwed.
But then again I am not afraid of dieing. Since I almost certainly know I will die one day, there is no reason to be afraid of it, but still I will prolong my life as much as I can. 

So if I think the most scary thing is not existing, and after I die I'll stop existing, but I am not afraid of dieing, which is the most scary thing, then I should not be scared of anything.
And yet I am a coward. 
Post by mydeathlyways (2,389 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Suicide at my view is for cowards depending on the circumstances. Committing suicide is not always an option in life and there is far to much to do than to just take it all alway over something stupid as being dumped, bullied, or ignored. being suicidal is no joke for whoever thinks they are because they only want attention, being suicidal will continue to ruin your life worse than before. Beside, I would perfer not to commit suicide even if I was tortured.
Post by Nevermind (942 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Completely up to the person. It's regrettable, but it's their life and their decision.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,158 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@SSJjanemba:  

They should watch Dragon Ball not DBZ
@Destinyheroknight: dragon ball almost made me suicide
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,158 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@SSJjanemba: 
I'm serious, if someone watch DBZ who is suicidal  
It will not cheer them up, it will put them down more 
A) They can make a wish that make everything better
B) They talk about the world being destroy 
C) There no funny moments to cheer someone up

P.S. Suicide is not a joke, can we be serious
@Destinyheroknight: they dont talk about the world being destroyed, the world does get destroyed. and ur right suicide is not a joke...unless my enemies do it
Post by ssjsuperman (1,661 posts) See mini bio Level 10
My thoughts on it are simple if life is fuck up for you or you just dont care to live in it anymore go ahead its your life to take. 

If you have family to take care of then  Suicide should not be a option sense your death effects more then just yourself. 

And those are my thoughts kids. 
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@SSJjanemba said:
" @Destinyheroknight: they dont talk about the world being destroyed, the world does get destroyed. and ur right suicide is not a joke...unless my enemies do it "
What kind of crappy enemy would that be? 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel