What Anime Do You Wish Have A Complete Box Set

Topic started by Destinyheroknight on June 27, 2012. Last post by Yusuke52 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,230 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I wish there was a official box set for Digimon Adventure, Digimon Tamers & Digimon Frontier. (With Sub and Dub)

Post by Acura_Max (2,326 posts) See mini bio Level 13

1. Dragon Ball Z

2. Avatar The Last Airbender

3. Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta

4. Eureka Seven

5. Full Metal Alchemist (original and brotherhood)

Edit- My mistake. I thought you meant "which box set do I wish to own."

Post by sickVisionz (4,256 posts) See mini bio Level 24

School Days. I'm almost there but I've been stuck in the same spot for probably 9 or so months.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,787 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Lucky Star, since I don't remember if a full series release was present in NA or not.

@sickVisionz: Shouldn't this thread be on either "Gen. Discussion" or on the "Just Anime" board?

Post by DBZ_universe (15,661 posts) See mini bio Level 17

FMA & FMAB + the 2 movies and OVAS

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,112 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Post by LuffyDUzumaki (161 posts) See mini bio Level 9
  1. DBZ there is literally no legit release for this popular series its kind of annoying.
  2. Tenchi Muyo -Its so frustrating to get into this series because all the dvds are scattered around and each vol is like 50$
  3. GTO way to high and rare
  4. Hajime no Ippo it has WAY too many volumes it needs an offical release.
  5. Shaman King has no season set dvd release.

@LuffyDUzumaki said:

1. DBZ there is literally no legit release for this popular series its kind of annoying.

Yes there is, unless you're talking about a non-English release.

Post by Sonata (35,314 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Destinyheroknight said:

I wish there was a official box set for Digimon Adventure, Digimon Tamers & Digimon Frontier. (With Sub and Dub)

I would love to have those three as well. 
Post by jazmac (115 posts) See mini bio Level 9

The story lines of the digimon series I find aren't very fast paced, I'd say somewhat slow even.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,661 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I would like a set of Kekkaishi if there is any...

Post by taichokage (12,922 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Probably DB(Z[GT]) or One Piece. They both have over 500 episodes a piece and are among my favorite anime ever. Before the end One Piece may have close to 1000 episodes.
Post by Dream (7,430 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Supreme Marvel said:

All on blu-ray!!

It is on Blu-Ray here in the states.

@Dream said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

All on blu-ray!!

Bakemonogatari is coming as well.

@sickVisionz said:

@Dream said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

All on blu-ray!!

Bakemonogatari is coming as well.

Poor old England. Getting left out of this shit. :'( It's very very rare for a series to be released here. Manga UK are tying. I bought Highschool of the Dead right away. Funny enough, my friends are having a two week sit off in his house (parent is Florida). I introduced two friends to it last night. They managed to watch them all. Good for them.

Post by KuroNekoXIII (427 posts) See mini bio Level 14
  1. Fullmetal Alchemist
  2. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
  3. Code Geass (both R1 and R2)
  4. Sket Dance
Post by reverendk (1 posts) See mini bio Level 3

Legend of Galactic Heroes (as if that would ever happen) and Patlabor (I still need the last couple of episodes).

Post by Yusuke52 (425 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Supreme Marvel: Agree completely, we just dont get that much anime over here. I started off buying FMAB on Blu-Ray only to find out that they discontinued it, so I went and imported the rest and it cost me a rather large sum of money. Aside from that I also bought HOTD on Blu-Ray, but I dont care much for the subbed version on the disk, its ugly to look at.

@Yusuke52: It's a pain. There are so many series I'd love to buy on blu-ray. I only watched the blu-rays last night for the first time also and I said right off, these subs are horrible. Yellow crappy font. But I love the voice actors for the Japanese audio. Especially for Saeko. The voice actor also did the voice work for Suruga Kanbaru in Bakemonogatari.

Post by Yusuke52 (425 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Supreme Marvel: I thought something was wrong with my copy when I saw the subs lol, I even went and tried playing it in the PS3 and then on the PC. Strange that the subs are so bad on the highest quality product on the market. It is a shame because I also like the Japanese VA, I think they fit the roles better than the English VA do. Another series I have that does similar subs is Noein, and iirc it has blocky white subs which sucks because I am not a fan of the English VA at all.

The only series that I can think of off the top of my head that I have yet to buy are stuff like Ghost in a Shell, Cowboy Bebop and a few others whos names escape me. I am almost certain they dont sell One Piece or Dragon Ball over here at all but I could be wrong since the only shop that sells anime near me is HMV and they do not exactly stock well in this branch (Mostly all pre-timeskip Naruto with a Bleach DVD here and there). But even then they either go for £60-£70 on amazon or they are just never in stock (That is mostly for Cowboy Bebop, the others are just too damn expensive). An example of this is the 5th Blu-Ray for FMAB, it cost me £40 to import and then I also had to pay a customs charge today of £12 so they would deliver it to me. On the plus side they have a cool looking cardboard sleeve and some artwork included...

There are so many that I would love to buy but just cant.

Some of my friends wonder why I bother buying the Blu-Ray copys saying "It can't be much better", but I can honestly notice a big difference between them (I notice a very big difference between FMAB on DVD and Blu-Ray since I bought the 5 DVD's for my friends birthday which coincidentally is today, but that might just be me.)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel