Video Game Club

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Sept. 18, 2013. Last post by Falbium_Asmodeus 4 days, 11 hours ago.
Post by Shadowchaos (3,573 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Falbium_Asmodeus: though they have lower graphics. In turns of story Xenosaga and Xenogears are much better in terms of storyline

Post by Falbium_Asmodeus (1,297 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Shadowchaos: I have xenosaga and xenogears just haven't played them yet, I need to play them they are on my list of games I want to play this year.

@Falbium_Asmodeus: do you have all three xenosagas?

@Shadowchaos: Yup got all three of them like new condition on amazon for 30 dollars a few years back

@Falbium_Asmodeus: nice. They are worth playing though well not sure how to say what I want to say without spoiling it for you.

Post by chill21 (73 posts) See mini bio Level 6

The overall gameplay and combat in FF 15 look decent. its mainly the exploration possibilities that got me interested. huge open world.

Never played any of the xenosaga games but xenoblade chronicles pleasantly surprised me. after listening to 'you will know our names' i had to give it a go. makes me not regret getting a wii just for smash bros brawl. that game was hella fun.

Post by AnimeDefender (2,720 posts) See mini bio Level 12

No Man’s Sky Has Ecosystem-Balancing Robot Overlords: Why Is No One Talking About This?

I’ve already written about how excited I am to simply explore planets alone in No Man’s Sky. I’m looking forward to just landing on some distant world somewhere that no one has ever seen and just walk around marveling at the game’s universe.

I doubt I’m alone in this excitement, as the exploration aspect of the game is getting tons and tons of press.

But amidst this flutter of excitement, a lot of people seem to be overlooking one important aspect: No Man’s Sky includes armies of ecosystem-balancing robots that will attack you if you run around being a jerk.

The Malevolent Force, as this faction is being called according to the January 2015 issue of Game Informer, is there to protect the ecosystems of these planets. Game Informer reports:

This robotic enemy army isn’t all that malevolent as far as motivations go. They are simply trying to maintain the balance of the universe. On some planets they patrol, keeping an eye out for anyone who kills creatures, carves out resources, or generally changes the environment. If you’re just strolling around scanning things in, they leave you alone. If you draw their attention, they attack like traditional first-person shooter enemies, shooting lasers, strafing, and taking cover.

We’ve actually seen a brief glimpse of the Malevolent Force before, in the game’s “Portal” gameplay trailer.

It’s tough to not immediately compare these things to the AT-ST walkers from Star Wars (AKA the “Chicken Walkers”), because they look fairly similar. But that’s not a bad thing. In fact it’s actually super badass.

So why are so many people overlooking this really cool aspect of the game?

Well, I guess the most exciting aspects of this game is the exploration, the isolation, the vast expanse of universe that awaits. Combat is something that we’ve seen a billion times before; it’s nothing new. If I want first-person combat on alien worlds, I’ll just pop one of the many Halo games into my Xbox 360. The scope of No Man’s Sky, though, is hard to even wrap our minds around, so it’s what has people talking. I mean, Sean Murray of Hello Games claimed it would take over 5 billion years to explore every planet on the game for a single second each.

That’s huge. That’s what makes this game so insanely incredible to talk about.

But there is still combat, and there’s still the Malevolent Force patrolling these planets to keep things balanced. And that’s a really cool thing that no one seems to be talking about right now, even though it’s very much a part of this game.

@AnimeDefender: Yeah i've heard good things about no man's sky from some of my friends. I try (and fail quite often) not too get to hyped about what i see from games that haven't come out yet because all it leads to is disappointment. i think games like destiny and watch_dogs are decent at worst but people act like they're terrible because they are less good than expected. if people had low expectations of everything then those games would probably be more well accepted. bayonetta 2 is a perfect example. nobody was hyped for that game but it turned out to be amazing. although any remotely devil may cry styled hack and slash is a winner for me. i love that series. not the remake tho. All that being said i still think no man's sky will be somewhat revolutionary and im looking forward to a few games coming out this year.

@chill21: Just to be sure I didn't write this, someone else did in an article (going to find the link after college). Yeah, I mean I played Watch Dogs and I kept me expectations low because it's from Ubisoft, and because I learned my lesson way too many times :/. But still, disappointed with Watch Dogs. I haven't played Destiny so I cannot comment on that game, but Bayonetta 2 I was hyped for and I love it!!!!! No Man's Sky being revolutionary, I don't know about that, to me it seems Minecraft in space (I love Minecraft) but let's see if it can pull off something great!!!

@AnimeDefender: well tbf imo watch dogs wasn't even a good game necessarily. i just don't think its as bad as people say. ubisoft made some bad moves tho by delaying its release to supposedly make the game better but then actually downgrading the graphics from how they were at E3. I know what you mean. some games i just can't help but be hyped for after seeing some gameplay.

Even if No Man's sky turns out to be not quite as good as expected i'll still probably really enjoy it. Its just the whole idea of having loads to explore and do that gets me. just screwing around like in Just Cause 2. i never finished the story in that game but i still have so many hours put into it just from blowing stuff up and driving off cliffs. This is gonna be controversial but I got bored of GTA V quite quickly. Story was good but it didn't feel like there was too much variety in it even though the world map was huge. Hopefully the Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid 5 and Final Fantasy 15 will do it right cause i heard their worlds are pretty massive.

Bloodborne Gameplay Trailer - PS4

Final Fantasy XV : New Screenshots - Xbox One, PS4

The latest issue of the Japanese magazine VJump had a page on Final Fantasy XV, and it included something rather interesting.

While the article itself was just a batch of catchphrases repeating what we already know, the screenshots at the bottom of the page show Noctis fighting (with a spear in two of them). The build and situation seems the same showcased in the spectacular Jump Festa trailer, the frames are actually different, showing different perspectives and positions, for instance vehicles (that are clearly visible in the trailer) are absent here.

It’ll definitely interesting to see what kind of weapons Noctis will be able to use, but for now I leave you with the scan below.

Source: VJump

The Division's Open World Explained - Missions, Dark Zones, PvP, and More - PS4, Xbox One, PC

Post by GokaiRed (173 posts) See mini bio Level 7

After missing out on the Majora's Mask 3DS I caved and just got the regular one with the special edition. i hope they release MM plates :(

Post by takashichea (15,098 posts) See mini bio Level 25

The Majora Mask's special edition is nice with plenty of goodies.

I seen No Man's Sky trailer. It looked gorgeous, but I don't think I'll be trying the game.

Post by akronawol17 (2,683 posts) See mini bio Level 10

anyone play Dark Souls 2 for Xbox 360?

Does anyone know how to convert ps1 saves to psv for the ps3 I found a save online (Legend of Dragoon) that I want to use but I do not know how to convert it so that the ps3 will read it.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel