Unpopular Opinions

Topic started by Newdeath on July 4, 2011. Last post by KingOfAsh 5 months ago.
Post by Acura_Max (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Moderator

@Kobra678: Yup. There's quite a few people at Giantbomb.com and other video game websites who are waiting a year or more into the console cycle because they either don't see any good games right now.

Post by MrDirector786 (4,497 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Kobra678 said:

The new consoles aren't worth buying right now.

I agree. I plan on getting a Playstation 4 and Wii U eventually, but not at the moment. And I have no intention of ever getting an XBox One.

Post by Kobra678 (2,759 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@MrDirector786 said:

@Kobra678 said:

The new consoles aren't worth buying right now.

I agree. I plan on getting a Playstation 4 and Wii U eventually, but not at the moment. And I have no intention of ever getting an XBox One.

My thoughts exactly, except I'm still skeptical on the Wii U

Post by KingOfAsh (1,329 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Online Now

Batman's prep is a joke compared to the likes of John Constantine and Thanos, or even Iron Man.

Post by cosmicdude (276 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Any science book >>>>>>>> Regular show > Adventure time > MLP.

Eldritch abominations should be more used.

60% of the users in internet are psudo-intelectuals or polymath wanebes.

Series that combine comics and anime style are awesome.

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,595 posts) See mini bio Level 12
60% of the users in internet are pseudo-intellectuals or polymath wannabes.
Series that combine comics and anime style are awesome.

agreed

The Terminator should have successfully killed Sarah Conner in the first movie

Luke should have joined Darth Vader

Goku should have stayed dead after the Cell Saga

Post by Kurohige (3,679 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Naruto is stronger than Bleach

Kensei and Rose are horrible captains.

Gundam Seed Destiny sucks

Diavolo was a good villain in JJBA

Renji is still not as impressive as he should be and revealing his bankai was pointless since we did not see anything it could do.

Kubo IS a great writer and is not rushing Bleach

Kubo is trying way too hard to make Juha Bach be Aizen at this point (Just bring the character back for pet's sake)

Karen's infatuation with Sasuke after all he has done to her is just borderline creepy.

I will never understand why people keep doing Religious vs Science debates, it is a useless debate that will never reach a conclusion.

Opinion can be stupid and wrong.

There are times where you should throw the first punch

You do not need someone to hit you before you should hit them, some words warrant a punch in the face.

Wanking, fanboy, , bias, and downplaying as words used faaar too often on these battle forums and it is annoying. (Primarily the first two).

Post by Kobra678 (2,759 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Kill la Kill wasn't as good as it was hyped up to be.

Post by Vapovile (1,650 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I really don't get why Half Life 2 is praised so much. It seemed rather too slow paced.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

90% of Xbox One critics probably have never played it or never will.

Post by Acer. (137 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Person of Interest > The Blacklist
Toriko is the best manga going right now
UFC or any form of mma show is overrated
No kids Macklemore is not the best or only white rapper since Eminem
Ronaldo is a better role model than Messi
Blade 2 is the best marvel comics based movie
Orochimaru is a better character than Madara
Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Dexter season six was the worst one, not eight.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,329 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Online Now

@Kurohige said:

Gundam Seed Destiny sucks

Unless you live in Japan, that's actually a pretty popular opinion (which I agree with).

Post by Acer. (137 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@MarioRedfield said:

Dexter season six was the worst one, not eight.

This. I thought season 8 was pretty good.
Post by KingOfAsh (1,329 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Online Now
  • Most JRPGs suck. WRPGs actually show innovation in gameplay and setting, whereas most JRPGs are stuck in the same rut.
  • Plot does not make a good game; gameplay does. Saying you play a game for the plot is like saying you eat lard to keep skinny.
  • Funimation does terrible and deserves to go bankrupt.
  • Shows like Gigguk, GRArkadia and Podaku suck.
  • I do not care for any of the HST, HST 2, DBZ or Sailor Moon.
  • Books are still the best method of storytelling.
  • Valve games are ridiculously overhyped.
  • Vertigo and indie comics are far superior to mainstream superhero comics such as Marvel and (mainstream) DC.
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender is better than most anime.
  • Pokemon is the most overrated game in the history of creation.
  • Adventure Time and My Little Pony are a bane on existance.
  • Rap sucks.
  • White chocolate is the best form of chocolate.
  • The Witcher >>>>>> Mass Effect and Dragon Age.
  • Dark Souls is what a game should be.
  • Earthbound is the best Nintendo series.
Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@KingOfAsh said:

  • Most JRPGs suck. WRPGs actually show innovation in gameplay and setting, whereas most JRPGs are stuck in the same rut.
  • Plot does not make a good game; gameplay does. Saying you play a game for the plot is like saying you eat lard to keep skinny.
  • Funimation does terrible and deserves to go bankrupt.
  • Shows like Gigguk, GRArkadia and Podaku suck.
  • I do not care for any of the HST, HST 2, DBZ or Sailor Moon.
  • Books are still the best method of storytelling.
  • Valve games are ridiculously overhyped.
  • Vertigo and indie comics are far superior to mainstream superhero comics such as Marvel and (mainstream) DC.
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender is better than most anime.
  • Pokemon is the most overrated game in the history of creation.
  • Adventure Time and My Little Pony are a bane on existance.
  • Rap sucks.
  • White chocolate is the best form of chocolate.
  • The Witcher >>>>>> Mass Effect and Dragon Age.
  • Dark Souls is what a game should be.
  • Earthbound is the best Nintendo series.

I agree with the first two points. Especially the first one, WRPGs actually.... are good. Plus, most of the time Mario has a horrible plot and the games are still great. GTA V's story wasn't as good as The Last of Us's but I liked that better overall as a game. What's really awesome is when it has great gameplay AND plot!

Post by KingOfAsh (1,329 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Online Now

@MarioRedfield said:

I agree with the first two points. Especially the first one, WRPGs actually.... are good. Plus, most of the time Mario has a horrible plot and the games are still great. GTA V's story wasn't as good as The Last of Us's but I liked that better overall as a game. What's really awesome is when it has great gameplay AND plot!

That is awesome, though my favourite story telling method so far in a video game has been Dark Souls, for it's subtlety and worlld building, rather than sitting you through hours of boring cut-scenes you are allowed to discover things for yourself.

Post by taichokage (12,500 posts) See mini bio Level 20
FMA ending was lackluster.
Post by Kobra678 (2,759 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Taking showers in the morning is better than taking them at night.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,329 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Online Now
  • Sunrise is overrated and makes bad shows
  • Code Geass is overrated garbage
  • Evangelion is overrated garbage, and is not of revolutionary
  • Dragon Ball Z is overrated garbage (the original Dragon Ball is far better)
  • The HST is overrated garbage
  • DC is overall stronger than Marvel
  • DC has better writing and world building than Marvel
  • Constantine > Batman
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel