Unpopular Opinions

Topic started by Newdeath on July 4, 2011. Last post by KingOfAsh 5 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by Samimista (178 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@MrDirector786 said:

@Samimista said:

@MrDirector786 said:

Here's an unpopular opinion that may seem surprising to some people: Shadow the Hedgehog is a bad game.

Some of you may be thinking, "Didn't it get generally bad reviews from critics and fans? How is that an unpopular opinion?"

My answer is that even though it did get mostly bad reviews, as I'm sure you know there are some people who do like the game. Thing is, you would not believe how much these people are willing to defend the game. Seriously, if you say it's a bad game, you would not believe how many people will jump on you and tell you you're wrong and that it's a great game. Like Clementj642 did a let's play of Shadow the Hedgehog, and while he's talking about how it's a bad game, it's unbelievable how many comments on the video are defending the game and saying it's a great game. And some of the comments on some of the BrainScratchComms' videos have comments like that too.

I agree with this. I'm a Sonic fan (though ashamed of the current fanbase for some years now) and played Shadow the Hedgehog. People just don't like to admit that their 'precious gem' has flaws and isn't well received.

Yeah, the Sonic fanbase has to be one of the worst fanbases out there because it seems they are incapable of being pleased with anything. After a streak of bad games, they demand Sega make a game that takes Sonic back to his roots. In 2010, Sega makes Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 to fulfill that request, and while the game wasn't anything amazing, it was the first Sonic game in years to get positive critical reviews. However, the fanbase complains about it because they gave Sonic green eyes in the game. Also, in late 2010, Sonic Colors was released and it also got good reviews. Sonic Colors was also the first game to replace the 4Kids voice actors (save Mike Pollock, the voice of Dr. Eggman) because they had received mostly negative reception from fans (with the exception of Mike, which is probably why they kept him) and because Sega wanted to move on and also relocated their studio somewhere else. Then, the fanbase, which had previously complained about the 4Kids cast since they replaced the original cast, complains and says that they liked the 4Kids cast better..... Finally, last year Sega made Sonic Generations, which was probably the best Sonic game in years, and they complain that it doesn't have a very good story....

It seems no matter what Sega does, they will always find something to complain about, no matter how small it is.

Well, I would of preferred Sonic 4 with the older graphics of the original Sonic The Hedgehog but from what I played I thought it was great compared to the previous modern Sonic games. I do think Sega should of released Sonic 4 as a whole rather than the episodes but I see your point. I've never played Colors as I have epilepsy so it would bother me but from the trailer it looked really fun. Sonic Generations I agree with you on. It was a game for the veteran fans.

But, I wouldn't say this is just the Sega fanbase, it's really for any fanbase that is stuck in the past and can't accept any changes. Like Final Fantasy fans with the latest games. I admit, I'm apart of this fanbase who prefers the older games over the new ones but, that doesn't mean you should completely judge the newer games without playing them. For Sonic and Final Fantasy (I'm just using examples here) you gotta play the games with an open mind. It doesn't seem like some fanbases understand that. Sega's really trying to please their fans but it's a hard thing to do.

Like I said, I am a Final Fantasy/Square Enix fan but, I sort of see their case similar to Sega's. Both companies are becoming afraid to try anything new due to the fans. Take the Final Fantasy VII remake debate for example, that idea's always tossed around. If I recall correctly, at one point (sometime during the last year or two I believe) someone at Enix stated that the company would be afraid to remake the game as fans would complain over one little thing that would be added or taken out of the remake which would cause a riot from the fans.

Edit: Forgot to mention that recently Enix said there wouldn't be a remake until they can surpass VII in quality. So the company does want to move on but, it's the fanbase that's holding them back. Yet again similar with Sega and their fanbase.

Post by MrDirector786 (4,497 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Michael Bay is a human being. By this, I mean that he gets too much hate. I can see why people hate him for what he did with Transformers (although I liked the movies, I understand why most people didn't) and because of what's going on with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (even though he's the producer - not the writer nor director), but I think a lot of the hate goes too far and a lot of people seem to forget that he's a human being and they treat him like he's committed the holocaust or something.

Post by Fehafare (8,392 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@MrDirector786: You fool, the holocaust is nothing when compared to screwing up Transformers.

Now after a joke (or was it...?) to break the ice, my opinion:

Slasher movies are boring and overrated.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DBZ_universe: YES, YES, YES! Thor is soooooooooooooooooooooo overrated. I also don't really care for Sentry or Blue Marvel.

Also:

Squirrel Girl is a stupid concept for a character. Chuck Norris, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Superman, Lois from Malcolm in the Middle, and Sylvester Stallone can stomp on her.

Liberal "tolerance" is a lie.

@MarioRedfield: Lol i'm always amazed how much hate Squirrly can get.

@Fehafare: Really? I never knew anyone else hated her. On ComicVine, everyone loves her and love the joke that she can beat anyone and everyone in the entire universe

@MarioRedfield: Off-Panel you meant to say? xD

And well certain people can hate her enough to make up for the masses.

But yeah i don't really like those gimmick characters (including Chuck Norris) either.

@Fehafare: I've actually never heard of Off-Panel, maybe ComicVine has changed, but the threads I saw on there were in favor of her.

@MarioRedfield: The whole joke is about Squirrel Girl beating anyone (including TOAA) off-panel...

@Fehafare: Ah, my bad. I thought you meant a web site for some reason

Post by Samimista (178 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Grey Fox > Raiden

Post by DBZ_universe (15,482 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@MarioRedfield: lol... yes he sucks!!

BlazBlue and Guilty Gear are leagues above Street Fighter (well this may not be so unpopular but still).

I don't like Naruto...

Post by Guyver (3,406 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Eggs with ketchup is delicious.

Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11

G Gunam is the best Gundam series EVER!

Dubstep is not music, let alone good music.

@Guyver said:

Agreed!!!

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DBZ_universe said:

@Guyver said:

Agreed!!!

if you guys think that is delecious, you should try some shakshooka. it is hevean.

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Fehafare said:

@MarioRedfield: Off-Panel you meant to say? xD

And well certain people can hate her enough to make up for the masses.

But yeah i don't really like those gimmick characters (including Chuck Norris) either.

actually she defeated Dr.Doom on-panel, but in most cases you are correct(like that bit with thanos).

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel