Unpopular Opinions

Topic started by Newdeath on July 4, 2011. Last post by KingOfAsh 5 months ago.
Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Stingerrain: how to train your dragon was garbage compared to Shrek. with out mentioning any content (because that sould be subjective), HTTYD is rip-off of a movie that is a rip-off of another movie. the "boy finds dragon and befriends him" story has been milked so much that I consider it a genre.

Post by TheGoldenOne (330 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Newdeath said:

• Sometimes women can be more unreasonable and intolerant than an ill-mannered mentally retarded person

A little late, but i totally agree.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,158 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Killing off characters doesn't make for a edgy story

Post by GhostRider29 (176 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Super man is a terrible hero.

The American Revolution was an awesome war.(Surprisingly I got bullied in school when I was younger for thinking this)

World Peace is what we need.

ComicBooks are better than Anime. (Please don't kill me guys. LOl)

I'm a Christian, but where I live I'm surrounded by Atheist(Don't get me wrong. I don't hate Atheist. Some of my best friends and ex girlfriends are Atheist). So I guess that'd be unpopular in my town.

Post by cynically_happy (115 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Chie's american voice actor fits the character far better than the japanese one does

Post by MrDirector786 (4,497 posts) See mini bio Level 17

To be perfectly honest, once you get past the nostalgia of it being the first Transformers cartoon, G1 is actually a really bad show by today's standards. Its story is very repetitive and inconsistent. Do you know what those are the signs of? A bad story, which translates into the show sucks.

However, despite me saying this, I actually like G1. The reason why is because I understand where the show is coming from. Back when it was made, it was a very original idea, and during that time period people didn't care that much for character development and story and cared more for imagination, which this show had lots of. In fact, the main reason why I like G1 is because of the vast amount of imagination it had. I also have a lot of respect for it for being the root of the franchise. I don't like the show for its story, because if you did judge this show by its story, then yes it is a terrible show.

Post by Sonata (35,091 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Toonami is never coming back 

Sonic Unleashed is not a bad game.

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Guile's Theme is not the best Street Fighter Theme

YGOTAS is not funny anymore. The recent episodes were dull and the BBT Abridged was also boring and unfunny.

Post by Sonata (35,091 posts) See mini bio Level 20
OJ Simpson didnt do it.
Post by SailorPrincess (104 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Milk in tea is gross.

Post by The Stegman (154 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I really don't see the appeal of One Piece....at all.

@The Stegman:

Really? I give you a clue, it about fun

@Destinyheroknight: Meh, I recently started it, and I'm currently on episode 90 or so (after Chopper came aboard) and so far..it has failed to impress me.
Post by sickVisionz (4,221 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Madoka Magicka is just pretty good. It's as far from great as it is from bad.

@The Stegman: If you're looking for good action, it takes like 200+ episodes before the animators even start to do a half ass attempt at a good fight scenes. Around the 300s someone decided that the most popular series and most profitable series shouldn't also be the worst looking series and the animators starting putting in actual effort and now it's one of the better looking shounen shows when it comes to animation. You've only got like 200 episodes to go before you finally get a pay off for sitting though shounen tropes of the power or friendship conquering all and people screaming nakama 8 times a minute.

@The Stegman:

Well, the anime isn't that good (they make the scenes to long)

@sickVisionz:

people screaming nakama 8 times a minute.

I pretty sure is less then that (I probably should make a list of how many time they say nakama in the anime)

@sickVisionz:  

@The Stegman : If you're looking for good action, it takes like 200+ episodes before the animators even start to do a half ass attempt at a good fight scenes. Around the 300s someone decided that the most popular series and most profitable series shouldn't also be the worst looking series and the animators starting putting in actual effort and now it's one of the better looking shounen shows when it comes to animation. You've only got like 200 episodes to go before you finally get a pay off for sitting though shounen tropes of the power or friendship conquering all and people screaming nakama 8 times a minute.

wow...really, it takes THAT long?? lol  oh well, I'mm stick with it, see if you're right.

@Destinyheroknight:  
   I know it's insanly popular, and it's like the highest selling manga every in Japan, so I finally decided to give it a try, but yeah, 90 episodes in and I'm still not overly impresed by it, some of the scenes are indeed touching, like Nami's backstory, and the Sanji leaving the Baratie, but sometimes it just drags on way too long, it goes from sentimental to..okay, just hurry up and leave already. As for the fights...honestly they are kinda meh and fall into the category of normal Shonen stereotypes of the villain underestimating Luffy, them standing around at letting him do it, until finally, shocker, Luffy proves them wrong and somehow wins. Perhaps I should have stuck with the manga first, but honestly from the hype I hear from it, I was expecting to be blown away a littler sooner than 90 plus episodes in. I will however stick with it. 

@The Stegman:

Well, One Piece isn't really about the action. It more about the world, characters and the adventure. The anime doesn't really catcher the feel of them that well (it really like to drag things out).

The only reason why I watch the anime is for the music and voices

Post by SailorPrincess (104 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Light > L

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel