Thor/Superman Whose Powers Would You Rather Have?

Topic started by leofull on Oct. 10, 2012. Last post by leofull 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by taichokage (15,273 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Actually Thor's powers are vaster in scale. I agree Superman's are simpler and easier to understand, and for that reason I almost picked him. But potentially Thor is more powerful, especially their latest canon versions. They both have the megaton level strength, speed, durability, flight etc. but Superman doesn't go far beyond that. He has incredible senses and heat vision and such, but Thor has magical weather control (in other words he does not manipulate weather like Storm, he creates the effects whether the conditions are suitable or not), warp portals, Far more powerful energy blasts like the god blast, super haxly powerful barriers, and a host of magical and energy manipulative powers.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,885 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@MarioRedfield: And here is you and I in cafe eating.. LOL

Post by MarioRedfield (1,921 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@taichokage: I think Superman is physically more powerful, such as being a little bit stronger and faster, and more durable but overall Thor has more powers.

Post by The Stegman (154 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Superman without a doubt...can't pass up x ray vision
@taichokage: I think you're looking at it purely from a battle stand point, what if I don't want to be a super hero with their powers? I don't necessarily want a god blast or weather control in my arsenal, but heat  and x ray vision are far more practical in everyday life, as are enhanced senses and to me a better control over super speed.
Post by leofull (114 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@The Stegman said:

Superman without a doubt...can't pass up x ray vision

@The Stegman said:

@taichokage: I think you're looking at it purely from a battle stand point, what if I don't want to be a super hero with their powers? I don't necessarily want a god blast or weather control in my arsenal, but heat and x ray vision are far more practical in everyday life, as are enhanced senses and to me a better control over super speed.

I don't want to be a superhero, yet thor's powers are waaaaaay more diverse and useful.

Superman's powers would get boring after a few days.

With mjolnir, I could create hurricanes, teleport beings and objects to any location I desire, project an anti force, make others invisible and intangible, control the minds of others, produce force fields,and a host of other things.

Besides, only Thor has the godblast.

@DBZ_universe said:

@leofull: Sorry to disappoint you, but am not a Thor fan that's why. Kal-El has my vote on this one.

You don't have to like a character to want their powers more. That's like saying because I like hulk more than thor I'd rather have hulk's powers.

@leofull said:

@DBZ_universe said:

@leofull: Sorry to disappoint you, but am not a Thor fan that's why. Kal-El has my vote on this one.

You don't have to like a character to want their powers more. That's like saying because I like hulk more than thor I'd rather have hulk's powers.

Well Kal-El is also one of my top ten favorites comic heroes of all time...

and his hair is awesome!

Thor seems like the literal definition of "the epitome of over powered"

@leofull:  

I

don't want to be a superhero, yet thor's powers are waaaaaay more diverse and useful.

Superman's powers would get boring after a few days.

With mjolnir, I could create hurricanes, teleport beings and objects to any location I desire, project an anti force, make others invisible and intangible, control the minds of others, produce force fields,and a host of other things.

Besides, only Thor has the godblast. 

... why exactly would you want to create hurricanes and god blasts if you weren't a superhero or villain? and as for the mind control, intangibility, invisibility etc, Thor hasn't displayed those powers since the 70s, that's like me adding silver age Superman feats on Supes' side, like him pulling an entire solar system. 

I doubt you'd get bored with Superman's powers in a few days, if so, you're not using them right.

@DBZ_universe said:

Well Kal-El is also one of my top ten favorites comic heroes of all time...

You obviously ignored my entire comment.

@MarioRedfield said:

Thor seems like the literal definition of "the epitome of over powered"

Thor would be overpowered, if he wasn't a god.

And Thor still has more useful powers.

@The Stegman said:

... why exactly would you want to create hurricanes and god blasts if you weren't a superhero or villain?

1. So I can make it snow when I don't want to work.

2. And again, only thor has the godblast, not me.

@The Stegman said:

and as for the mind control, intangibility, invisibility etc, Thor hasn't displayed those powers since the 70s, that's like me adding silver age Superman feats on Supes' side, like him pulling an entire solar system.

No, it's not the same.

Classic and Current Thor are the same being(continuity wise), since there hasn't been a thor recton. Where as silver age superman is a different version from new 52 superman.

@The Stegman said:

I doubt you'd get bored with Superman's powers in a few days, if so, you're not using them right.

Superman's powers compared to mjolnir's powerset is nothing.

Like I said before, I could pull some serious pranks with invisibility and intangibility, mind control would be fun to use when I'm bored, could cause it to rain when I wanted to, etc.

Here's a complete list of mjolnir's abilities:

invisibility,intangibility, mind control, teleportation, tracking, energy absorption and redirection, energy projection, time travel(you get that power if you pick thor), soul manipulation, alpha particles, anti force, geo force, gravi blast, thermo blast, illusion detection, event recall, interdimensional messaging, flight, weather control, divine empowerment, healing, magnetism, anti gravity, anti matter creation, and force field creation.

Those are already waaaaaaaaaaaay more than superman's five or six powers.

@leofull: So? Just because he's a god doesn't mean he's not over powered. He still is. Ichigo is technically a god and he's not over powered? Also, I have to disagree with your idea of him having more useful powers. He just has more destructive powers. Also sorry if I'm coming off as defensive or rude

@leofull: I didn't ignore it, It's just I don't like Thor that's why and I would not like to have his powers because I don't like powers that include weapons... I prefer natural powers...

@MarioRedfield said:

@leofull: So? Just because he's a god doesn't mean he's not over powered. He still is.

It's called being a deus ex machina, not being overpowered.

@MarioRedfield said:

Also, I have to disagree with your idea of him having more useful powers. He just has more destructive powers.

Invisibility, intangibility, mind control, teleportation,etc. are way way way more than superma's five or six powers. And not all of them destroy things, like invisibility.

@MarioRedfield said:

Also sorry if I'm coming off as defensive or rude

You're not.

@leofull: I don't really see that. I know Thor can be defeated by things on Asgardian levels, but he's kind of ridiculous because pretty much no earth hero can even stand a chance against him. At least with Superman the other heroes can take him on, if not win.

Post by ComicMan24 (8,759 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Superman.

Post by taichokage (15,273 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Who would want Thor's powers? I'd sooner have magical weather control, inter dimensional portals, mjolnir with all it's properties, über retarded aging (Thor is supposed to be millions of years old actually), all tongue (which allows Thor to understand anyone regardless of language and vice/versa), god blasts, some degree of transmutation and so on over heat vision and x-ray vision, which is most of what is left of Superman's arsenal aside from his massive super physical and sensory abilities, most of Which Thor has on similar levels.
Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,084 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@taichokage said:

Who would want Thor's powers? I'd sooner have magical weather control, inter dimensional portals, mjolnir with all it's properties, über retarded aging (Thor is supposed to be millions of years old actually), all tongue (which allows Thor to understand anyone regardless of language and vice/versa), god blasts, some degree of transmutation and so on over heat vision and x-ray vision, which is most of what is left of Superman's arsenal aside from his massive super physical and sensory abilities, most of Which Thor has on similar levels.

@taichokage: Yeah, I repeat. The absolute epitome of over powered.

@MarioRedfield: Thor can be beaten.

@MarioRedfield said:

@taichokage: Yeah, I repeat. The absolute epitome of over powered.

How is Thor overpowered?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel