This Is Full With Wrong (Mega Facepalm)

Topic started by Destinyheroknight on May 11, 2012. Last post by Sonata 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,184 posts) See mini bio Level 21
This is MTV Geek's Battle Arena Otaku Fight! Fight! A tournament-style, knock-down, drag-out, free-for-all, battle royale featuring your favorite anime, manga and Japanese pop-culture characters! Each arena match-up will be posted and voted on by you, the MTV Geek reader, and each winner will advance closer and closer to becoming the supreme reigning champion of the Battle Arena Otaku! Who will take the top spot? There's only way to find out…FIGHT! FIGHT!

This list is full with wrong, almost all the match up are incompetent (they should have say it was a popularity contest, instead of a battle)

So what your guys thoughts about this?

Post by Sonata (35,218 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
@Destinyheroknight: The battles there are no different than some of the battles I've seen on this site:P

@Sonata:

Well, At lease the ones on here can spell Ed Alric right

Post by DBZ_universe (15,509 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Online Now

That was horrible... is Voltron the only character they know?? he is like in every match.

Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@DBZ_universe said:

That was horrible... is Voltron the only character they know?? he is like in every match.

It's a bracket, and it's won in every single round.  I'm not seeing a problem.  Also, popularity contests is pretty much want any of these types of competitions comes down to being.  I in fact prefer the more transparent nature of a contest such as this compared to battle threads we'd find on this site.

Also, while the Shounen-filled roster is both expected and depressing for a mainstream poll, seeing Captain Harlock make it for more than one round is a pleasant surprsing

@Turambar:

Also, while the Shounen-filled roster is both expected and depressing for a mainstream poll, seeing Captain Harlock make it for more than one round is a pleasant surprsing

It not full of Shounen titles

Online Now

@Turambar: true... but still there are alot of spite battles in their... if it's popularity than is good....

@Turambar:

There 20 Shounen characters out of 64 on the list

@Destinyheroknight said:

@Turambar:

It not full of Shounen titles

I'd say any Shounen title with enough pull in the west on a general level to be in there is in there.
@Destinyheroknight said:

@Turambar:

There 20 Shounen characters out of 64 on the list

And that's like 15 too many.

@Turambar:

Well it not there fault for being popular

@Destinyheroknight said:

@Turambar:

Well it not there fault for being popular

There's a reason why I said their presence on that bracket is expected. 
@DBZ_universe said:

@Turambar: true... but still there are alot of spite battles in their... if it's popularity than is good....

Have you ever had the opportunity to play the role of king maker in a game?  Someone who won't win, but held the key to other players being in first place?  You can court favors from everyone, and be as spiteful as you wish because you have no more stake.  That kind of power is pretty great.
Online Now

@Turambar: agree...

Post by Bigheart711 (3,705 posts) See mini bio Level 21

In-freakin'-deed. Most of these battles are either completely out of spite or totally ridiculous. -___-

Post by Sonata (35,218 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
I still believe this is out of popularity. However a couple things in this shocked me a little. Goku getting knocked out early(by Manga Batman!?), and Utena and Rick Hunter going as far as they did.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel