Things that you dislike in series

Topic started by Levance on Oct. 12, 2011. Last post by MohsinMan99 2 years, 10 months ago.
Post by Levance (1,846 posts) See mini bio Level 12

As the title say, refered to all media

In my case

Love, War and Friendship: Is not because a personal grudge, romantic fail ore whatever shit you can imagine, also is no hate only dislike. I dislike them because these three are the most used and reused plots in all kind of story; even my favourite series contain at least one of the three. Besides only one story I don't know about an story that doesn't contain any one of them. I dare you to name an story that doesn't contain Love, War or Friendship, and it must be a good one.

Post by ComicMan24 (8,759 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Fanservice and gore just for the sake of gore.

@ComicMan24:Agree

@Levance:I have no problem with nudity and gore as long as they make sense and/or contribute something to the show. But it really annoys me when they are hsown just to be shown.

@ComicMan24:The same thing I think, an example is elfen lied, that without much nudity or gore it could have maintain the same plot with no problem. Also the no sensing gore of hellsing

@Levance:I can agree about Elfen Lied, the show could have been the same without that much of either of them. But it didn't really bother me in Hellsing. I didn't find it to be that gory, at least compared to some other shows.

@ComicMan24:How about Higurashi?, it has some gore, only a little though, but being mainly a serie of mistery, the gore is unnecesary, and consider that Higurashi no naku koro ni is a part of my favourite saga

@Levance:Haven't watched that so I can't comment.

Post by killermike (321 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@ComicMan24 said:

Fanservice and gore just for the sake of gore.

High school of the dead...I will never understand why cartoon titties need to be shown so much.

Post by sharingan_eyes (330 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Anime stereotypes are the worse, what do i mean by that?

1. The soft spoken always blushing, shy girl

2. Ridiculous amounts of silliness, aka, any physical comedy or loud annoying yelling, some every once in a while is ok for comic relief, but too much is just annoying (i'm looking at you FLCL)

3. one dimensional villains whose goal is to be more powerful

4. Ichigo Kurosaki

@sharingan_eyes:The last one was funny, xD

Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24

When it starts somewhat grounded and then goes insane. Paranoia Agent, Chaos;Head, and Evangelion immediately come to mind, although I still like Evangelion for the interactions between the characters and action.

@sickVisionz: We are completely differente then, I love that xD

Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@sickVisionz said:

When it starts somewhat grounded and then goes insane. Paranoia Agent, Chaos;Head, and Evangelion immediately come to mind, although I still like Evangelion for the interactions between the characters and action.

This is a big one. It's like they look to be a good series, then go off on the deep end as the story develops.

Moved to Just Anime.

Post by sharingan_eyes (330 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@sickVisionz: ugh i hated that freakin metaphysical abstract Evangelion ending...although the "End of Evangelion" wasn't much better...everyone just..died

@Fire Star: Sorry to bother again, but well, I was referring to all kind of series, not only anime, not that it really matters though

@Levance said:

@Fire Star: Sorry to bother again, but well, I was referring to all kind of series, not only anime, not that it really matters though

If that's the case, than this goes to the Off-Topic. Do you want it moved there, for series in general, or anime-specific series?

@Fire Star:Off topic, I think that I must have it explained in the OP, I'll fix that now, thanks

@Levance said:

@Fire Star:Off topic, I think that I must have it explained in the OP, I'll fix that now, thanks

No problem, thanks for correcting me.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel