Theism vs Atheism

Topic started by Mortein on Feb. 7, 2011. Last post by Bigheart711 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by TheNobody (289 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Nessy: Yes in a sense though I'm choosing it because there might be an actual possibility that heaven and God might exist along with Satan and hell. I'm just doubtful because what happens if there is no God? I wasted my existence believing some ethereal entity that never really existed. Though I am sure God exist there just hasn't been any evidence. 
Post by ohgodwhy (1,507 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I feel like humans have become so much worse since they stopped fearing the wrath of God and now embrace sin more than ever. Greed, Lust but to name a few are now openly accepted and it only spells bad news for us. I hear this is the first generation where the children are expected to live shorter lives than their parents because of all the crap they eat and their sedentary lifestyles. I believe that just the belief in God and more importantly the fear people had helped them lead better lives.

That's my personal belief anyway.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,833 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@ohgodwhy: Thank you for sharing your belief. I agree wholeheartedly with what you said.

@SpeedForceSpider: Cheers bro, been meaning to get that off my chest for a while.

@ohgodwhy: Yeah good stuff bro, people in our generation need to know wassup.

Post by jazmac (115 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Yeah bro me wassup!! god is jack yo! I don't fink he's real but then des days nobodyz keepin it real, ya feel me.

Post by Nessy (48 posts) See mini bio Level 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbef07aQtB8

People think stuff was better in the past?

Highest quality of life in history

Lowest murder rates in history

Lowest rape rates in history

Need I go on?

@jazmac: Your name gives away how retarded you are. Ya feelz me yo.

Post by jazmac (115 posts) See mini bio Level 9

No need to get so mad all the time bromee.

Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

M: oh my there is no way this thread is going by without some butt hurt on all involved so as to my involvement in this discussion, nope, no way I'm going to add to this on any side

however I feel like F would like me to state that she is a firm believer in god despite her lesbianism and is a follower of eastern orthodox last I checked.

@ohgodwhy: I agree on what you said, people have embraced sin more than ever in this generation. Lust, Greed, Wrath, and Gluttony! Us Americans are known for being a lazy and gluttonous country and on that I can agree on considering so many people only eat fast food and don't care about their health anymore. I mean, 15 and 16 year olds these days are continuously getting pregnant, music today no longer holds a meaning! It's all about, "Lets get high, smoke, fuck bitches! Lets have a baby! YOLO!".  There's more suicide than ever because of bullying and neglection.... It's ridiculous because our generation is stupid in my opinion (not saying everyone is stupid)... I mean just go ahead and listen to Blood on the Dance Floor!  

And this is the type of shit we want our children listening to? 
Post by HowTerribleIsThat (14 posts) See mini bio Level 5

@TheNobody: its the end days bra

@TheNobody: Or pretty much any new Rihanna song. It's actually disturbing when you hear 10 year olds singing lyrics to songs about sex. Music's become crap in general too, it's all sex, money, lust, greed. No one sings about the truths anymore, everyone just sings the same old same old encouraging kids to buy more stuff they don't need, eat crap that bad for them and dress in ways that just isn't right. Future's looking pretty bleak...

I'd say lol but it's pretty bad times.

LOL anyway

Post by HowTerribleIsThat (14 posts) See mini bio Level 5

@ohgodwhy said:

@TheNobody: Or pretty much any new Rihanna song. It's actually disturbing when you hear 10 year olds singing lyrics to songs about sex. Music's become crap in general too, it's all sex, money, lust, greed. No one sings about the truths anymore, everyone just sings the same old same old encouraging kids to buy more stuff they don't need, eat crap that bad for them and dress in ways that just isn't right. Future's looking pretty bleak...

I'd say lol but it's pretty bad times.

LOL anyway

Yeah it's depressing, fifty years ago all the musicians were like Beethoven but not any more. This is what happens when people lose faith in Allah.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,499 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I am ok with religions... but when people take it to another level is just wow...

Post by Nessy (48 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@TheNobody said:

@ohgodwhy: I agree on what you said, people have embraced sin more than ever in this generation. Lust, Greed, Wrath, and Gluttony! Us Americans are known for being a lazy and gluttonous country and on that I can agree on considering so many people only eat fast food and don't care about their health anymore. I mean, 15 and 16 year olds these days are continuously getting pregnant, music today no longer holds a meaning! It's all about, "Lets get high, smoke, fuck bitches! Lets have a baby! YOLO!". There's more suicide than ever because of bullying and neglection.... It's ridiculous because our generation is stupid in my opinion (not saying everyone is stupid)... I mean just go ahead and listen to Blood on the Dance Floor!

And this is the type of shit we want our children listening to?

Lust? Rape is at an all time low

Wrath? Murder is at an all time low

Gluttony? Fewer people starving than ever before

Greed? Higher charity levels than ever before

You are complaining about teenage pregnancy rates? Lower than ever before, and if you want to blame a group for it, it sure as hell shouldn't be the atheists.

Our generation is stupid? Proven to have the highest IQ in recorded history

You complain about new music? That's a new one...

Are you really trying to say you'd rather live in the 15th Century than now?

Post by Addfwyn (408 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Nessy: Sense! You make it!

Though music is pretty much up in the air. Everyone has different tastes there...though I can hardly say popular music is the end of civilization as we know it.

@Nessy: Still doesn't block the fact that our generation is completely lazy, in general, all we do is rely on technology which eventually should lead to our demise. Rape isn't the case, teenagers are having babies every minute and it has nothing to do with "love", more like sex and drugs. Yes our generation is stupid, not grade wise but choice wise. Kids today make the worse decisions and no one isn't blaming any group for it, I'm not blaming any atheist for anything. Obesity has taken all over America and it will all around the world if they keep globalizing fast food, fast food is the main problem in this country. People are becoming more lazy, reliant on others, and completely unaware of their surroundings. 
Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@TheNobody: what's wrong with laziness, it's bill gates favorite attribute:

Post by DBZ_universe (15,499 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@TheNobody: what's wrong with laziness, it's bill gates favorite attribute:

That is so awesome!!

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel