The Worst Fanfiction/Worst OC you've seen?

Topic started by Stingerrain on Oct. 3, 2012. Last post by flashback180 2 weeks, 1 day ago.
Post by Stingerrain (387 posts) See mini bio Level 9

If there's one thing I cannot stand as a fellow writer, it's terrible Fanfictions and terrible OCs. We've all seen or heard about them at least once, and you know when you do, you either cringe a little or shake your head. So I ask you fellow members of Animevice: What's the absolute worst Fanfiction and/or OC you've seen?

If it's a Fanfiction, what made it bad? The story? The grammatical errors? The absolute laziness or unoriginality?

Or if it's an OC, what made them bad? They're perfection? They're overpoweredness? Or were they also lazy and unoriginal?

Also, try avoid saying "My Immortal" and "Every Sonic recolor in existence" because i'm pretty sure we've all heard how atrocious both are by now.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,743 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I don't like calling other people's fan fictions bad. I think it's mean. It's one thing if you want to give criticism for the sake of helping them, but especially if it's a fan fiction... it's not like the person is going to get it published or anything. I remember writing one and showing my friend who said it was so bad he refused to read more than the first paragraph. Even though everyone else who bothered to read beyond that at least thought it was decent. I don't know, the point I'm trying to make is, if I think someone's fan fiction is bad, I won't say anything about it. That's just me.

On a side note, I'm trying to write a combined DC/Marvel universe with some friends, I created an original character for it. But she's not a Mary Sue what so ever. She even gets her butt handed to her by Captain Marvel on one of her first appearances. What relevance does this have to this thread? Absolutely none.

Post by Guyver (3,406 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@MarioRedfield:

Agreed. It's more of a hobby than a profession, so judge it as amateur writing. It's the same thing with the RPGing community. WE are amateur writers. If you're highly critical of their work, encourage your fellow writers to improve. Give them pointers. Your opinions--even if they're brutally honest--may discourage writers from making fan-fictions, if they're evaluated harshly.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,676 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@MarioRedfield said:

I don't like calling other people's fan fictions bad. I think it's mean. It's one thing if you want to give criticism for the sake of helping them, but especially if it's a fan fiction... it's not like the person is going to get it published or anything. I remember writing one and showing my friend who said it was so bad he refused to read more than the first paragraph. Even though everyone else who bothered to read beyond that at least thought it was decent. I don't know, the point I'm trying to make is, if I think someone's fan fiction is bad, I won't say anything about it. That's just me.

On a side note, I'm trying to write a combined DC/Marvel universe with some friends, I created an original character for it. But she's not a Mary Sue what so ever. She even gets her butt handed to her by Captain Marvel on one of her first appearances. What relevance does this have to this thread? Absolutely none.

I agree with you 150%!

It's mean if you tell someone that their fan-fic is terrible! especially a lady! I would never critic a lady's fan-fic... maybe a guy but not a girl, I would keep it to my self!

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,246 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I don't read fan-fic

Post by MrDirector786 (4,504 posts) See mini bio Level 17

There was one Harry Potter fan-fic that I heard was written by a troll and even though it was really bad, it was funny. I usually don't read fanfiction unless people ask me to read theirs or something, though.

Post by cosmicdude (367 posts) See mini bio Level 9

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6449600/1/Naruto-Croatia-vs-Serbia

I dont read Fan ficts but this deserves the gold medal.

Post by Dream (7,476 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Don't read much fan fiction. But I've read this one and seen all the infamy it gets online.

Anne Frank meets Dragon Ball...

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2008/12/fan_ficition_friday_goku_and_anne_frank_in_until_t.php

Post by Kobra678 (3,140 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Dream said:

Don't read much fan fiction. But I've read this one and seen all the infamy it gets online.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2008/12/fan_ficition_friday_goku_and_anne_frank_in_until_t.php

....I can't cant even begin to face palm.

Post by takashichea (11,924 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Kobra678 said:

@Dream said:

That's my favorite Fan Fic! Okay, I have bad sense of taste, but it was hilarious even though Goku doesn't act that way.

Post by Kobra678 (3,140 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@takashichea said:

@Kobra678 said:

@Dream said:

That's my favorite Fan Fic! Okay, I have bad sense of taste, but it was hilarious even though Goku doesn't act that way.

XD it was indeed hilarious. I was laughing the whole way through. I actually watched it on YouTube with a narrarator.

Post by takashichea (11,924 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Kobra678:

Oh, it was narrated?! Can't wait to see it.

Post by Dream (7,476 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: Bennett the Sage did a reading of it a while back in a series called Masterpiece Fanfic Theater where he reads some of the worst offerings there are for fanfiction.

Here's the link for the one he has for the Goku/ Anne Frank fanfic:

http://benthesage.com/reviews/mft/mft-until-the-end-of-time/

Post by Bigheart711 (3,815 posts) See mini bio Level 21

On Giant Bomb, I remember reading some fanfic about two hosts and one of them was cannibalizing the other. I really don't read much fanfiction though.

Post by cosmicdude (367 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Dream:

That was the funniest thing i have read recently... however is very very bad .

Post by Full123 (12 posts) See mini bio Level 8

I once read a fanfiction where Hinata, Yamato, and some random ninja was beating Admiral Borsalino. Also, in that same fanfic, he said that BASE, and I remind you BASE Sasuke and Naruto would be able to take all the Vice Admirals at the same time and beat them. I swear, he is the biggest Narutard that I have ever seen.

Post by Full123 (12 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Bump

Post by KingOfAsh (1,381 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Post by flashback180 (592 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@KingOfAsh: lol that ending XD

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel