The Student of Vice

Topic started by cfatalis on April 12, 2011. Last post by Halberdierv2 3 years, 4 months ago.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Post here if you are currently on some level of education, most likely uni and the like
and tell what are you taking, and where and what year you are on

Taking : BIS
Where?: Curtin University , WA, Perth
What year?: 2nd year, nearing third
Post by Mechanical_Ape (84 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I have a BA in Political Science, and I am currently working on my Masters. I'm only about a semester in, so I still have a while until I will be done.
Post by ronat1 (127 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@cfatalis: 
Taking: Architecture.
Where?: Catholic University of Chile.
What year?: 3rd year, halfway  to finish it.
Whoa another post
@ronat1:
Architecture in your country falls under which school? How long does it take?
@Mechanical_Ape said:
" I have a BA in Political Science, and I am currently working on my Masters. I'm only about a semester in, so I still have a while until I will be done. "

so 4 -5 years? plus thesis?
@cfatalis:  Thankfully, much sooner than that. The Masters should take about 2 years. Maybe less than that, depending on what classes are available. At the end I have the option of doing a thesis or an examination. I will be doing the thesis, since I enjoy writing.
@Mechanical_Ape: Oh? That is much shorter compared to say master on Business or something
@cfatalis:  Yeah, it's pretty quick. It's 33 credits and consists of 11 courses, 10 regular courses and a capstone which is the thesis project.
@Mechanical_Ape: I will never get you american credit method

in Aussie it is just
one stuff is 25 credit, you are supposed to get 100 credit for every semestre
ZIP
Then you complete all compulsory unit maintaining that credit scheme
@cfatalis:  That is pretty different than here. Here, most classes are about 3 credits. A few classes, like science classes are often 4, and my Japanese classes were 5 credits. For my undergraduate work I had to get 120 credits to graduate. The graduate degree is only about a quarter as long, but the classes are more specialized and require more work.
@Mechanical_Ape: So for undergraduate you can take whatever you want in that school to get 120 credit?
or is that some limits?
Post by ronat1 (127 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@cfatalis:  nowdays it is recognized by the Royal Institute of British Architecture and the National Architectural Accrediting Board, and it lasts 12 semesters.
@ronat1: Which mean six years and fall under school of architecture

Some school have architecture falls under school of art or engineering if there is no department of it's own
@cfatalis:  There is some structure. Since I got a degree in Political Science, roughly a third of my classes had to be specific political science classes. Another third were general studies classes, which include basic math, English, and science classes. And the final third were general electives, where I could take almost anything I wanted. Most of my elective classes were on various international topics, which got me a certificate in International Studies.
@Mechanical_Ape: so i see, ours is mostly compulsory

so for each semestre baring the first two
2 compulsory
2 electives
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,290 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Studying for a Biochem Degree. a lot of hard work.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel