The Doctor Who Club

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Aug. 17, 2013. Last post by katmic 1 month, 2 weeks ago.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (7,000 posts) See mini bio Level 14

I'm so psyched!

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,306 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Wow this hasn't been active in a while.

So the latest episode was pretty crazy. I've loved Clara so far in this series, it seems like the writers (Moffat specifically) have listened to lots of people wanting more character development for the companions and we're certainly getting plenty now. I think they're really pushing it with the whole angry Doctor thing. At the rate he's going he'll need anger management pretty soon, so I'm hoping he'll mellow out a bit by the end of this series. Maybe by the time the Tardis interior changes again the Doctor will have calmed down a bit.

Next episode looks interesting, apparently there's a reference to it in one of the earlist Matt Smith episodes, I love stuff like that.

Post by taichokage (15,317 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Can't believe I've yet to dive into this. But it's mostly because I missed some of Matt Smith's seasons. I was far more diligent with David Tennant's seasons.
Post by katmic (476 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Daniel_Newton: i don't think he's any angrier than Tennant was; but then again i haven't watched beyond Time Heist; so maybe something happens in the next two episodes.
I am enjoying Clara's development; she's becoming an integral part of the series. She's finally becoming more of her own character rather than being just the doctor's companion
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,306 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@katmic: Yeah you should catch up, he gets particularly angry in the episode before last.

If you guys haven't been watching Doctor Who Extra you should check it out, it's always cool to see behind the scenes. Here's the latest one:

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (7,000 posts) See mini bio Level 14

The 11th Doctor will need a lot of water after this burn

Post by katmic (476 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Despite my apprehension in the beginning, i am starting to enjoy this new doctor. He is indeed dark. Not quite angry like Tennat, but odd, especially in the way that he treats Clara. The 2D monsters were pretty awesome, probably my new favorite Who creatures.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel