The Doctor Who Club

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Aug. 17, 2013. Last post by Kuma_From_Argentina 1 week, 3 days ago.
Post by katmic (417 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Best doctor who special ever, or at least the funniest, especially the way David Tennant's doctor kept fanboying over his 5th doctor self.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,237 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@katmic said:

I really hope they eliminate Matt smith in this special and not a few episodes after.

Matt has one episode left after the 50th, the Christmas special. The new Doctor will take over when the new series starts next year.

@katmic said:

Best doctor who special ever, or at least the funniest, especially the way David Tennant's doctor kept fanboying over his 5th doctor self.

Haha, that's because it's not just acting; it's genuine. They're both big fans of each other's portrayal of The Doctor, and now of course they're father-in-law and son-in-law, though I think that happened quite a while after this was filmed.

Random clip of Matt Smith with a badger puppet:

Post by KingOfAsh (1,391 posts) See mini bio Level 15

They need to bring back Omega, Sutekh, The Great Intelligence and the Elder Gods.

Well I have a new favourite Doctor Who clip:

You're welcome.

Post by Acura_Max (2,374 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Daniel_Newton said:

@Acura_Max: Looks great. I'm dying to see a trailer.

Die no more! Here it is.

@Acura_Max: Seen it. It's cool but I want to see some actual footage. The BBC is killing me here!

Okay forget what I said before, THIS is my new favourite Doctor Who clip:

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,330 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Just want to say, yay for old Doctor :)

Hope it will stop the romance with the Companions

BBC America has released new that they will be partnering up with NCM Fathom Events to bring Doctor Who to the big screen for his 50th anniversary episode. That means you can watch the episode in 3D. If you're American and interested in seeing it, check out this link. Unfortunately, these screenings will be shown on Nov. 25th while the episode will premiere on Nov. 23rd. However, there will be some that will be simulcasted on the 23rd. They are the following (source)

Los Angeles

• Cinemark Rave 18 + IMAX (Los Angeles, CA)
  • Century Huntington Beach Bella Terra + XD (Huntington Beach, CA)

New York

• AMC Loews Village 7 (New York, NY)
  • Regal E-Walk Stadium 13 & RPX (New York, NY)

Chicago

• Century Evanston + XD (Evanston, IL)
  • Cinemark at Seven Bridges + IMAX (Woodridge, IL)
  • Philadelphia
  • Cinemark Rave University City Penn (Philadelphia, PA)
  • Cinemark 16 (Somerdale, NJ)

Dallas-Ft. Worth

• Cinemark West Plano + XD (Plano, TX)
  • San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose
  • Century San Francisco Centre 9 (San Francisco, CA)

Washington, DC (Hagrstwn)

• Cinemark Rave Fairfax Corner + XD (Fairfax, VA)

Houston

• Cinemark Tinseltown + XD (The Woodlands, TX)

Atlanta

• Cinemark Tinseltown 17 (Fayetteville, GA)

Seattle-Tacoma

• Cinemark Lincoln Square Cinema (Bellevue, WA)

Minneapolis

• AMC Southdale 16 (Edina, MN)

I don't know if this is also happening outside the United States. Though it would be hard to believe that they won't do this in the UK, considering the program is from the UK. If anyone can find the international listings, please post it here so people will know.

@Acura_Max: @Kelleth: @katmic: @taichokage: @Supreme Marvel: @sickVisionz: @Supreme Marvel:

GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS! Most of you have probably seen it already, but in case you haven't, here's the extended (better) version of the official Day of The Doctor trailer:

@Daniel_Newton: I like what I see. By the way how did you embed that video?

@Acura_Max: Put the embed code in the HTML box. You have to press the "More" button in the editor to see the HTML button if you haven't already.

Ten and Eleven comparing dicks Sonic Scewdrivers was hilarious.

@Daniel_Newton: Lol. That was funny. They've used that joke before, but it always makes me laugh. The same goes for the requisite "Doctor Who" joke in the first episode of every season.

I really hope they get into all the stuff they planted in "The End of Time." Some of that stuff sounded really interesting.

Rassilon's plan to return Gallifrey to the universe would have led to the Nightmare Child, in addition to similar horrors like the Skaro Degradations, what remained of the Dalek Empire, the Army of Meanwhiles and Neverweres led by the Could've Been King, and the Horde of Travesties, being pulled out of the Time War and into reality. The Tenth Doctor severed the link created by the Time Lords and prevented them from escaping the oblivion of the Last Great Time War. (TV: The End of Time)
Doctor Who Wiki

HD version:

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,174 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Its coming out in the cinema too. I'm not sure if America are getting it out in their cinema.

Turns out the part where David Tennant says he doesn't like the new Tardis redecoration is a reference to the Doctor Who special "The Five Doctors." Well played, Doctor Who, well played.

[the second Doctor is peering around the office of Col.Chrichton, the Brigadiers replacement]
Second Doctor: You've had this room redecorated haven't you.
[shaking head]
Second Doctor: Don't like it.

@Supreme Marvel: America is definitely getting it in cinemas. If you scroll up a bit, you will find that I have listed all the American places where you can simulcast it in cinemas.

Seriously this trailer looks more like a big budget movie than an episode, which only excites me further. 23th cannot come soon enough. I really hope this doesn't suck, because it would kill doctor who considering the nearly year long hype we have had over this episode. The question is how soon will we be getting the next season of doctor who; i want to break the new doctor in as soon as possible.

@Acura_Max: @Kelleth: @katmic: @taichokage: @Supreme Marvel: @sickVisionz: @Supreme Marvel:

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,174 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Daniel_Newton: I'm so good. I was said twice.

THAT WAS AWESOME. If i was excited about the Day of the doctor before i am now ecstatic. They should give use more of these mini episodes. I cannot wait to see the Warrior side of the doctor, what ever that is. Now we know that this episode centers on the time war.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel