The Doctor Who Club

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Aug. 17, 2013. Last post by katmic 7 hours, 32 minutes ago.
Post by Acura_Max (2,385 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@Daniel_Newton: Found the official poster for the 50th anniversary episode: The Day of The Doctor.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,238 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Acura_Max: Looks great. I'm dying to see a trailer.

Post by AnimeDefender (2,662 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Acura_Max said:

Daniel_Newton: Found the official poster for the 50th anniversary episode: The Day of The Doctor.

What is this masterpiece of awesome?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Is this a movie or just a special episode?

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,177 posts) See mini bio Level 12

So am up to date. I'm gonna miss Matt.

Online Now

@AnimeDefender: I believe it's a special episode.

It has just been announced that the episode will be broadcast simultaneously in 75 countries around the world at the same time for the first time ever.

Steven Moffat, Showrunner for Doctor Who and Executive Producer of the 50th Anniversary episode adds: “The Doctor has always been a time traveller - now he's travelling time zones. On the 23rd of November, it won't be the bad guys conquering the Earth - everywhere it will be The Day of the Doctor!”

Source

@Acura_Max: I am starting to drool....... November is going to be one awesome month!

Online Now

There's a rumor going around that the lost 106 classic episodes of Doctor Who have been recovered. Here's a bit of background info. Back then the BBC used to erase tapes for space-saving and economic purposes. Because of that 106 of 253 episodes from the first six years of the series are missing. Mirror, a tabloid magazine, has reportedly found evidence that copies of the episodes are in Ethiopian TV and Radio Agency. BBC is reportedly in talks to recover the tapes. This sounds like great news. If this is real, I can imagine a remastered edition of the series being released. I would kill to see that.

Source

Online Now

This is more like it. It has been confirmed that 11 lost episodes of the classic Doctor Who episodes have been found in a Nigerian TV station’s store room. The 11 episodes are from the 1960's and depict two stories:

• "The Enemy of the World, in which Patrick Troughton’s Doctor does battle with an evil doppelganger"
  • "The Web of Fear, in which the abominable snowman causes chaos on the London Underground."

The episodes have been remastered and you buy them now on itunes.

Source

“Every single avenue seemed to have been exhausted” said Doctor Who writer Mark Gatiss of the hunt for the tapes. “But every now and then something turns up. To have two virtually complete stories out of the blue is absolutely incredible.
“It’s the Yeti on the underground, it’s the quintessential Doctor Who story – it’s the most British thing you could ever imagine.”

The first images of the 50th anniversary special have appeared.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,396 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I like the creepy feel of the classic villains (though I'm not too familiar with them). Hopefully we see more of them rather than bringing the Daleks back yet again.

According to this, the Cybermen will end the 11th Doctor

@KingOfAsh: Dude, spoilers! Edited your post.

@Daniel_Newton: Sorry

(p.s. spoilers, I get it!)

Post by SamJaz (12,969 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Daniel_Newton: That video made my day. Amongst other things.

Anywho. November 12th. Who is hyped?

Post by SamJaz (12,969 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@KingOfAsh: @Daniel_Newton: @Acura_Max:

And now I find out that it's showing on the 23rd of November. Not the 12th. I am miserable once more.

I always felt that the 9th Doctor never got the appreciation he deserved
I always felt that the 9th Doctor never got the appreciation he deserved
Online Now

@KingOfAsh: You're not the only one. I felt that his series had some very interesting concepts. Like The End of the World for example. It's too bad he isn't in the 50th anniversary episode. I'm guessing he was too busy doing Thor: Dark World.

@SamJaz: I'm hyped!

@SamJaz said:

@KingOfAsh: @Daniel_Newton: @Acura_Max:

And now I find out that it's showing on the 23rd of November. Not the 12th. I am miserable once more.

It feels so very far away :(

Post by Kuro_San (1,339 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I'm a die hard 8th Doctor fan, I love the audio books and consider him the most awesome Doctor ever....

@KingOfAsh: I feel the same, still good ol' Chris got all crazy against the Doctor part

Post by katmic (433 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I am HYPED for November. Its been too long since i watched doctor Who. I really hope they eliminate Matt smith in this special and not a few episodes after. It would be a most epic end to the 11th doctor. The images make it look like the three doctors are cooperating. I always thought the old doctor who would be the villain in this special (Gosh, an evil doctor, how would that even work?).

If the old guy isn't the villain you have to wonder what sort of threat would require the appearance of three doctors; or rather what sort of threat could survive three doctors.

This is going to be the best Christmas special ever. I agree that Eccleston doesn't get his due credit. No one ever even mentions him in doctor who discussions; and technically he was the first doctor of the new generation.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel