Strongest Gundam

Topic started by sceonn on Nov. 26, 2011. Last post by Turambar 2 years, 7 months ago.
Post by sceonn (757 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Your thoughts on which Gundam throughout all the Mobile Suit Gundam Series is the boss of all...

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

How about the Devil Gundam from Mobile Fighter G Gundam? Yeah, I know it was eventually defeated but it took a whole mess of wacky Gundams and the power of love to beat it.

Now, I've only seen about 1/2 the Gundam series, so I am no authority and my memory is never too great, but until I see Victory, Turn-A, After War, Unicorn and Age not to mention all those movies and specials, that's the best I can offer.

Incidentally, Deathscythe Gundam from G. Wing is my personal favorite model. I don't think it's anywhere near the most powerful. I just like the look of it.

Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Unicorn is grossly overpowered for the kind of Mobile suits you get in U.C continuity, making him the king of cheapness in regular continuity. On alternate universes, the XX Gundam is pretty powerful, God Gundam is also a good contender, but it depends on the pilot. The 00 Raiser is pretty damn awesome as most of the 00 mobile suits (I love Mr. Bushido and Susanwoo) and reigns as kick-ass supreme on Anno Domini continuity...

Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Kuro_San said:

Unicorn is grossly overpowered for the kind of Mobile suits you get in U.C continuity, making him the king of cheapness in regular continuity. On alternate universes, the XX Gundam is pretty powerful, God Gundam is also a good contender, but it depends on the pilot. The 00 Raiser is pretty damn awesome as most of the 00 mobile suits (I love Mr. Bushido and Susanwoo) and reigns as kick-ass supreme on Anno Domini continuity...

It's really the prevalence of Gundams being developed around a newtype pilot's abilities that makes the Unicorn so powerful. Yes, it is fast and has one heck of a rifle, but its ability to take control of a Newtype mobile suite's favorite weapon of choice, funnels, that makes the NTD mode stand out: a technological response to a biological evolution. That makes the Sinanju, with its lack of any such newtype weapons, such a convenient enemy.

If we're staying within the UC time line, I'd ultimately say the GP-02, with its ability to fire nukes autonomously. Its a one trick pony but that trick fucking hurts. If we are talking about any timeline in general, then really guys, there is only one choice. Turn A Gundam (and the Turn X) has the moonlight butterfly. It has the ability to turn every single piece of technology on the planet into dust. You can't beat that, not even with Jesus Yamato's beamspam Freedom.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel