Storm Joins Earth's Mightiest Team In Avengers #19 on January2012

Topic started by RLAAMJR on Oct. 16, 2011. Last post by RLAAMJR 2 years, 11 months ago.
Post by RLAAMJR (45 posts) See mini bio Level 8

After years of waiting, Ororo Munroe will finally become an official member of Avengers starting on January next year.

What will be Storm's role? Is it just taking Thor's part since he'll not be around or will he help Captain America lead the team? That's something we'll have to find out when the issue comes to our hands. : )

Avengers #19: Written by Brian Michael Bendis and art by Daniel Acuña

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

This is pretty cool but there's no way she'll be taking Thor's part, she's not powerful enough to be the Thor of the team.

ND

Post by ComicMan24 (8,759 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I think he means taking Thor's place as in controlling electricity and weather and not being a powerhouse there because as ND said she is not in his league. It is a nice choice, she has what it takes to be one and could have been one sooner.

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Storm seems like a cool addition.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@ComicMan24: Perhaps

ND

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,763 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Why are we discussing this in Animevice?

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Kuma_From_Argentina said:

Well, that's the million dollar question, I mean Storm does appear in anime and manga, and the Avengers do appear in manga, but this is happening in comics, not anime, not manga. This should probably be moved to either the Storm character page or the Avengers concept page topics section.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,289 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Did I just walk into a Comic Vine page?

@Destinyheroknight said:

lol Nice av btw.

Well I suppose someone could say that since this is the off-topic section we can talk about it here but that is just me.

@ComicMan24 said:

@Destinyheroknight said:

lol Nice av btw.

Well I suppose someone could say that since this is the off-topic section we can talk about it here but that is just me.

We already had an Avengers topic about the animated Avengers locked that was started under the same thought process in OT.... I am for this because Storm is in anime and manga, as are the Avengers, but I have a sinking feeling this is on it's way to being locked

@EganTheVile1:I get what you are saying but this is comic book news not anime or manga. I guess you are right, it might get locked. But that is up for the mods to decide.

@ComicMan24 said:

@EganTheVile1:I get what you are saying but this is comic book news not anime or manga. I guess you are right, it might get locked. But that is up for the mods to decide.

It takes some adjusting to, I mean back in the day we all talked comics, video games, anime, manga, and movies on CV, now, not so much, AV is a bit more relaxed then GB so this topic may live... ESPECIALLY since Storm is an anime character and the Avengers are in manga mods!

@EganTheVile1:We will know soon I suppose.

Post by RLAAMJR (45 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@The_Desert_Tiger said:

Storm seems like a cool addition.

Indeed.

@ComicMan24 said:

I think he means taking Thor's place as in controlling electricity and weather and not being a powerhouse there because as ND said she is not in his league. It is a nice choice, she has what it takes to be one and could have been one sooner.

That's what i meant. thanks : )

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel