Steven Seagal.

Topic started by lagoonboy2 on April 10, 2011. Last post by Black_Rose 3 years, 3 months ago.
Post by lagoonboy2 (48 posts) See mini bio Level 6
      Steven Seagal, is one of my favorite actors, and martial artists in general. I've been following him since Hard To Kill came out. Again, his one of my all time faves. But, as a fan, I also can't help to think why some people just bash on him. I get it, some of his movies have deteriorated, he gained a couple of pounds. (Which, if I may add is normal to most elder men since their metabolism slows down. Come one, did we not learn this in the third grade people!) But to discredit his abilities as a martial artist is just plain inhumane, let alone discredit his martial art Aikido.

So, first, let's look at his actual achievements. Aside from being a seventh dan/degree black belt in Aikido, he also possesses black belts at other martial arts such as Judo, Kendo, and Karate. Though videos of these aren't available and are very rare.
 People also try to believe what they read/heard. They tend to believe that Steven Seagal was choked out by Gene Lebell, which I'm not saying is unlikely to happen, but unless there's actually solid proof, I think I have every right to postpone my judgement on whether this story is real.

Now, for Steven Seagal himself, from the videos, we can now know that Steven Seagal is legit. But some people, who think otherwise are just close-minded. Just because they've seen him in bad movies (And even good ones) doesn't mean they can right out say hes a fake. Another thing why people choose not to think of him as a real martial artists is that Aikido, a martial art created by Morihei Ueshiba, (who is also a successful martial artist in his own right.) is said to be "Fake" now, this is just an uneducated statement. Just because it seems fake to some people doesn't mean it is. It's was/is used to train the United Nation Department of Safety and Security (U.N.D.S.S) and is used in some branches in law enforcement.

And, another thing, yes Aikido has some downfalls, but non-resisting or resisting opponents can get affected by the techniques. Honestly, not all techniques will be applicable, but this isn't the first and only martial art to have some techniques ineffective to some circumstances. And if you bring Bruce Lee in this thread, let's not forget his quotes.

"I fear not the man who has practiced a ten thousand kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick ten thousand times."
  I also remember a quote where it Bruce Lee said that take what you know and use it. The rest is useless. Or something alone those lines.

And if you still refuse to acknowledge Aikido as a real martial art, how about Judo and Karate? Maybe Kendo?

Besides, Steven Seagal is still a six foot four behemoth.
Post by Supreme Marvel (5,068 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Online Now
He's crap. Can't stand him.
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@supreme_marvel said:
" He's crap. Can't stand him. "
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

*Catches breath*

Didn't you know... that all the stuff that Chuck Norris did... required Steven Seagal's assistance?
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:
" @supreme_marvel said:
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

*Catches breath*

Didn't you know... that all the stuff that Chuck Norris did... required Steven Seagal's assistance?
"
the Holy trinity is not
Father
Son
Holy Spirit

it is actually
Norris
Seagal
Mr T
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
To hell with all of you. 

Van Damme, baby.  Van DAMN!
Post by ronat1 (127 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@cfatalis said:

" @Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:

" @supreme_marvel said:
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

*Catches breath*

"
the Holy trinity is notFatherSon Holy Spiritit is actuallyNorrisSeagalMr T "
You are all wrong, THESE guy makes them all look like babbling babies:

@ronat1 said:

" @cfatalis said:

" @Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:

" @supreme_marvel said:

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

*Catches breath*

"
the Holy trinity is notFatherSon Holy Spiritit is actuallyNorrisSeagalMr T "
You are all wrong, THESE guy makes them all look like babbling babies:

"
Pssh, you get one video, I got millions of fact between these three
@cfatalis: Hahaha I was just kidding, personally I think Chuck Norris is the best, but just check out some of these indian versions, they are hilarious!! and the thing is they keep doing them, this isn´t the only one.
@ronat1 said:

" @cfatalis: Hahaha I was just kidding, personally I think Chuck Norris is the best, but just check out some of these indian versions, they are hilarious!! and the thing is they keep doing them, this isn´t the only one. "

SING IT WITH ME
GIRLY MAN
@cfatalis: Thats the most freaking funny music video I´ve seen till now. You gotta admit with this kind of stuff on their tv´s indians don´t need anything else to cheer themselves up whenever they feel depressed. 
@ronat1:  not so much according to this indian friend i have
Really? well thats a shame.... but even in that case I think those videos are awesome (even if they pretend to be serious and don´t really succeed)
@ronat1: Pretend!?!? Dude, they're not even TRYING.
Post by Mesamia (5,109 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Heck yeah Seagal, Who else can beat down terrorists and bake you a cake afterwards
@Mesamia: Sousuke and Kaname
Post by ssejllenrad (20 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Bruce Lee > Norris > Seagal > Van Damme > Don Wilson > Tony Jaa > Statham
Post by lagoonboy2 (48 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I thought Van Damme was a ballet dancer? Well, his one tough spandex wearing dancer!
Post by sickVisionz (4,238 posts) See mini bio Level 24
@supreme_marvel: This.  All of Segal's movies outside of Under Siege are pretty terrible.  They aren't even good on a dumb fun level.  Chuck Norris blows as well, but Walker Texas Ranger was a pretty good show so he ranks above Segal.
Post by Supreme Marvel (5,068 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Online Now
I prefer Jet Li. Then Jackie Chan. Donnie Yen. Bruce Lee. Tony Jaa. Stephen Chow.
Post by Mesamia (5,109 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto:  LOL good callXD

@sickVisionz:
True, but my favorites of his other than Under Siege was Above the Law, Marked for Death, and Hard to Kill.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel